PDA

View Full Version : EEWbet screwing up again ---with Playing to Win

the_fat_man
09-29-2007, 01:02 PM
So, I'm over at EWWbet.com, trying to catch Searling's latest show, which is supposed to cover this weekend's races at BEL, AND

guess what? they're still showing the last SAR show. But it's not like they're not advertising that you're supposed to be getting this weekend's show (so, they're not completely screwing up, they're just not able to coordinate the text with the CORRECT video).

Way to go EWWbet.

Tom Barrister
09-29-2007, 03:05 PM
And of course you'll go right on using their various services while you complain about them.

the_fat_man
09-29-2007, 03:38 PM
And of course you'll go right on using their various services while you complain about them.

I went to their site. They're advertising the latest video and they're offering the previous one.

And you have issues with me pointing that out?

What exactly might your point be BESIDES you not taking kindly to criticism of incompetence?

P.S. I DON"T USE any of their OTHER services. Why would I, when they can't even get simple shit right? Of course, nothing wrong with watching TODAY'S analysis TOMORROW (in your world). :lol::lol:

Tom Barrister
09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I went to their site. They're advertising the latest video and they're offering the previous one.

And you have issues with me pointing that out?

What exactly might your point be BESIDES you not taking kindly to criticism of incompetence?

P.S. I DON"T USE any of their OTHER services. Why would I, when they can't even get simple shit right? Of course, nothing wrong with watching TODAY'S analysis TOMORROW (in your world). :lol::lol:

So you're saying that you don't generate YouBet any income, and this is a free service. What gives you the right to expect anything? It's free, and you get what you pay for. Most businesses, especially the online variety, will take care of what generates income first and attend to the freebies later.

PS: I wasn't laughing at your incompetence. Some people don't have a lot of tools; that's just how it is.

toetoe
09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm sure I would do as fats has done, while admitting I should have better things to do. But to take issue with him and somehow JUSTIFY incompetence ... what is it, something like planned obsolescence ? Studied incompetence.

:D Your honor, barrister's plan for attracting paying business ( :lol: ) is incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial.

Tom
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think TFM has anything to prove here.
Talk is cheap.

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2007, 01:43 AM
And of course you'll go right on using their various services while you complain about them.Is it some people's goal to turn EVERY thread into a battle? If that's so, then these people have been duly recognized and will be dealt with swiftly from here on out....

098poi
09-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Is it some people's goal to turn EVERY thread into a battle? If that's so, then these people have been duly recognized and will be dealt with swiftly from here on out....

You've heard it before but once again, you do a great job PA! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Without you this place would go the way of the DRF forum. Thanks

dutchboy
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
I just checked the youbet website and the current program dated 9-29-07 is available and they will discuss sunday's belmont races and the upcoming breeders cup. The first few seconds Andy Searling mentions they are back from Saratoga so you may want to give it 1-2 minutes.

So, I'm over at EWWbet.com, trying to catch Searling's latest show, which is supposed to cover this weekend's races at BEL, AND

guess what? they're still showing the last SAR show. But it's not like they're not advertising that you're supposed to be getting this weekend's show (so, they're not completely screwing up, they're just not able to coordinate the text with the CORRECT video).

Way to go EWWbet.

chickenhead
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Can it be? Just read that there may be a sighting of the one and only DRUGS on Playing to Win next week.

So you should watch as it will probably the last episode, I imagine Youbet will cancel Andy's contract immediately following the show.

BillW
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Can it be? Just read that there may be a sighting of the one and only DRUGS on Playing to Win next week.

Right on the heels of a critically acclaimed appearance on "At The Races" :jump:

the little guy
10-02-2007, 12:05 PM
He's taking the racing world by storm.....er drizzle.

DanG
10-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Results, opinions, handicapping methods etc… make little difference.

This type of in depth analysis is in such short supply within this format it boggles the mind imo.

cj
10-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Has anyone here bothered to follow the performance of the "Hidden Horse" segments? It has been a money tree. The best part is the explanations of why they are hidden horses. Old and new players alike can learn a ton from this segment alone.

john del riccio
10-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Is it some people's goal to turn EVERY thread into a battle? If that's so, then these people have been duly recognized and will be dealt with swiftly from here on out....

AMEN.

John

john del riccio
10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Has anyone here bothered to follow the performance of the "Hidden Horse" segments? It has been a money tree. The best part is the explanations of why they are hidden horses. Old and new players alike can learn a ton from this segment alone.

CJ,

What is the link ?

John

DanG
10-08-2007, 08:49 AM
CJ,

What is the link ?

John
http://www.youbet.com/

There is an ad on their homepage, or on DRF.com

BombsAway Bob
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm new here, & I agree that oversight on board postings is welcome when threads turn to threats, much like they often did on "Good-old DRF Forums". I used to read A LOT of "Oh, yeah..Your Mother" sort of junk on DRF forums, although I did read many interesting thoughts on racing issues & other topics as well (Like Neil Young Lyrics, which always got things going between the Donkeys & the Elephants!).
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HERE!:lol: - Peace, Bob
www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

Vigors
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I've checked out what seem's to be everything in YOU-BET,

however, I stll can't find that "hidden horse"

Boy, it sure is "hidden" pretty well.......seriously!

(Although my nose frequently get's in my way when I'm reading.......)

P.S. I didn't play the taped interveiw's though.

Time to get out the white cane with the red tip,my tin cup,
and dark glasses.

cj
10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
It is a segment on the "Playing to Win" show. I believe he has given out 7 "hidden horses", one per show, and 5 have come back to win. 4 have been 3 to 1 or higher.

http://www.youbet.com/playingtowin/

Tom
10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Boy, it sure is "hidden" pretty well.......seriously!

:lol: I was thinking the same thing...I looked all over the damn place for a HIdden Horse Link! :lol:

point given
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
It is a segment on the "Playing to Win" show. I believe he has given out 7 "hidden horses", one per show, and 5 have come back to win. 4 have been 3 to 1 or higher.

http://www.youbet.com/playingtowin/

I knew there was part of the show to watch before the said choices of stakes races by Andy and guest. Not a knock meant here, just never followed those picks

Although he started making disclaimers at the end of past shows to make your own choices, instead of using his if you agreed or disagreed with his choices; he dropped it on this last show. I have stopped viewing the show pre race day and started watching later, because it clouded my handicapping. He and guests make such compelling arguments that i found that i remembered it in my great unconscious. I find it more enjoyable the day after. Of course when they tape , they don't know scratches, board action, track bias, etc. so it is adifficult task no doubt. Andy does seem to excel at trip handicapping though , spending alot of time viewing race replays, as you pointed out in his hidden horse segment. Most people (myself included) see the obvious, buried, cutoff, etc. but he sees alot more of the non obvious stuff , which one has to project more on, in their analysis . It seems to be his edge. Hard work always is. :ThmbUp:

the little guy
10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
What I sometimes say at the end of the show, I didn't " drop " it but merely felt saying it every week is repetitive, is by no means a " disclaimer." It is merely what I think is logical horseplaying advice. The show, while it offers specific handicapping opinions, is an attempt to get horseplayers to think about the process of handicapping. My guests and I offer our opinions on races, but more importantly our logic in getting there, and my hope is that by doing so we offer a road in races not necessarily taken. That road is not for everyone and is certainly not always the road to success. However, if someone takes the time to listen, they may also want to take the time to see if it makes sense to them......as they are the ones ultimately betting their money.

On the " Hidden Horse " segment, it is after the handicapping exchange, and it is a segment I do alone that identifies a horse I think is worth looking for the next time it runs. I don't like to blow my own horn about winners picked, as certainly there will always be more losers, and ultimately patting yourself on the back makes you look bad.....or worse....like a 900 number service. However, since CJ mentioned it, the " Hidden Horses " have enjoyed a good run since the beginning of Saratoga. I have offered ten in total, of which seven have run back, with four winning their next start ( two at 3-1, one at 7:2 and one at 7:1 ), one winning two starts later after another horrendous trip, and another finishing second at a short price.

bigmack
10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
On the " Hidden Horse " segment, it is after the handicapping exchange, and it is a segment I do alone that identifies a horse I think is worth looking for the next time it runs.
Given the amount of moxie it takes to hawk a horse for their next run without knowing the conditions of that next run and having them clip to vic at such a pace is worthy of hornblowing. All within the confines of previous troubled trips. cj mentioned earlier how much any level of player can gain from such prowess and I second that emotion.

Now that laurel has been made of your feat I trust you're ready to go 0 for 10 :rolleyes:

Well done :ThmbUp:

the little guy
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks.

We're only covering four races live thus I feel comfortable I can redboard the winners of the previous seven races.

My redboarding skills have been honed to perfection from my years perusing Horse Racing messageboards.

BombsAway Bob
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
but had not been paying attention to the fields at The Big-M, when I hear the words "SOLARANA Closing Late on the inside!". Wasn't that was one of your FIRST "Hidden Horses"?:confused: - Peace, Bob www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

the little guy
10-09-2007, 09:35 PM
My first.

She's about 0 for 7 since.