PDA

View Full Version : Does Anything Suck worse than AOL??

sq764
01-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Somehow my AOL password got wiped out and I have been on hold with AOL for 40 minutes.. Everytime my wife and I try to cancel AOL, they keep giving us free months..

They are the biggest fraud piece of shit service providers around..

hurrikane
01-02-2003, 06:41 PM
yeah..they suck. problem is my cable company is so bad I have to keep a dial up service and AOL just doesn't want to charge..haven't paid them anything in over a year.

Bob Harris
01-02-2003, 06:51 PM
I started using AT&T's service 3 months ago and have been very pleased...they offered me 16.95 a month (unlimited use) if I was using them as my long distance carrier. The per minute rate on the LD isn't that great but I almost always use my cell for LD anyway.

Lefty
01-02-2003, 07:05 PM
For dialup I like Juno. $9.95 a mo. unlimited. If you use it use me as a referral and I get $20. Just say, chuck1760@juno.com recommended you. I'd appreciate it.

Tee
01-02-2003, 07:13 PM
I quit AOL in favor of AT&T Broadband internet. Did that stop AOL from calling me offering me this that and everthing else - NO!!!

They just would not quit - I asked them what the hell would I want with their internet service when I already signed up with another provider - the reps response was "It's free". Yeah all I need is to have to call them back in a couple months after my free hours were up & re-hash this whole thing over again.

A few derogatory words finally got my point across.

Haven't heard from them since.

Tom
01-02-2003, 11:00 PM
I dumped them three years ago - they sucked back then,
and it was MAJOR chore to get someone on the phone to actually quit them. they are not competent enough to run a business and they never will be.
I have a nice collection of AOL "coasters" at home.

Doug
01-02-2003, 11:10 PM
sq764 writes,

They are the biggest fraud piece of shit service providers around..

could you please tell how you really feel?

Doug

sq764
01-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, I was just keeping the $4.95 plan for my wife, mainly for her email..

I use Verizon DSL and love it. I haven't had a problem in 8 months with them..

MarylandPaul@HSH
01-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Here's some ideas for your collection of AOL CDs

The Great AOL CD Invention Contest (http://www.ultimatechaos.com/contest/aolcd/)

so.cal.fan
01-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Please, anyone....if you have AOL......cancel no matter how much effort it takes:

I used to have AOL and they let my credit card number out....
We had two or three bogus charges by companies that advertise on AOL........had to change our credit cards.
When I called AOL....they laughed at me!
This is a horrible company...........I hope they go broke......sorry if any of you own their stock....but yes Sq764......THEY SUCK!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: