PDA

View Full Version : Today @ Santa Anita

Tee
01-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Race 2

The two inside horses are the only ones getting respect in this affair down the hill. The betting public may end up being correct, but I am going to take a shot & see if I can get Jentzen in the mix.

hurrikane
01-02-2003, 04:39 PM
go figure. Short field like that and a 13.00 horse comes in.
Anyone have any idea why Brisbet is not carrying Santa Anita?

Tee
01-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane

BrisBET.com News and Notes
MAGNA tracks unavailable for wagering,

As of Sunday, Santa Anita and Golden Gate will not be available for wagering. We hope to reach an agreement and resume offering wagering for these tracks soon. More news will be posted as it becomes available.

BillW
01-02-2003, 04:57 PM

Yes, his initials are Frank Stronach (see News and Notes on Brisbet site)

Bill

Tee
01-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Luzern has two career wins a mdn & a $40,000 claiming victory - the same level he is at today. The class drop doesn't bother me too much at all since he was not a factor at the higher levels.

Hot Grip is working well for his return & could be a live longshot.

Midafternoon is also coming off the bench for Ruben Cardenas & making his 1st start for the new barn. Working @ Hollywood Park may be his un - doing, but the price is right @ 6/1.

Very wide open race - by the looks of the pp's and the wagering.

Tee
01-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Quite a few horses coming out of the same 1 1/16 turf race on the 7th of Dec @ Hollywood Park.

Go For Glamour did draw the 12 hole in that turf event & by the looks of things made the most of the bad draw with a good ride by Mike Smith. My concern is this - I have her as running to her top, how much did that effort from the 12 post take out of her? Price just isn't worth the risk to me - will have to play in exotics only.

I would side with Bella Nunzi on the speed and fade angle. She drew just inside Go For Glamour, but went with speed 3 wide & faded. Has every right to move forward here.

Kinzie Woo should find MSW company a bit easier than her last out I would think. The daughter of Skip Away looks to be in a good spot.

On a side note the daughter of Marlin - Marliz did look ready to go on track in the post parade. Worth a flyer bet @ odds of 9/1.

Tee
01-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Looks like we have a little speed, some stalker types & deep closers in this claiming event.

Bye Bye Birdie & Fresh Tarte look to get the first run @ Urgent Start & Miss Continental. Now if one of those speed horses should break tardily - it could be all over.

I look for My BabyCakes & Genie Magic to be flying from the back of the pack - do they clunk into a minor placing or possibly get up for the win?

Mix em all together along with an all button or two & see what I get.

Tee
01-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Not much interest in this one.

4-7-9

hurrikane
01-02-2003, 06:51 PM
eff in Stronach. Guess we have to bet through his site to play his tracks.

Tee
01-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Noches De Rosa has been facing very tough company & should fit very well in this spot. 6/1

Garden in the rain has an affinity for both the course & the distance. 10/1

Nunatall - Frankel & Edmund Gann with P Val aboard. Always dangerous coming back after a freshening. 2/1

Tee
01-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Who is going to apply pressure to Jaklin's Last Kin? He's dropping down a couple notches which could lead to an easy win or is he in need of the drop?

Comstock King could apply some pressure from his outside post stretching out from sprints.

Ben Saw San was a very consistent sort in 2002 - let's see if he can carry that over into the new year.

Pool Music should sit the trip & be in the right spot to get it done if good enough.

Manly Valentine will be flying late & very well could get a placing.

The Chang should have benefited from his last race - which was a good one. I look for him to move forward today.

Suff
01-03-2003, 05:04 AM
eff in Stronach. Guess we have to bet through his site to play his tracks.

The Video game is so petty right now... they would'nt and won't give Stronach New York. ANd that kills him. So he plays Tit for tat. None is better than the other when it comes to putting the Betting public first.

Questions is... who's gonna say "UNCLE" first.