PDA

View Full Version : Question about the BC at Monmouth

JPinMaryland
09-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I finally found someone who will make the drive with me to Monmouth. Can we just buy general admission tickets? Or is it sold out for all the tickets?

Ron
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought they made it clear that if you don't have a ticket then don't show up.

HorseRun
09-27-2007, 11:43 AM
no there will be NO tickets available to walk up, also without a parking pass you will NOT be able to even get close to the track to walk up but with that said i am sure there will be scalpers outside with tickets

joeya
09-27-2007, 11:56 AM
2007 Breeders' Cup Tickets

The 24th Breeders' Cup – consisting of 11 races and $23 million in purses and awards – for the first time will be contested over two days of racing: Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27, at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, New Jersey.

Ticket applications may be obtained by:

Complete an Online Ticket Application now by clicking here (https://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=25010).
For more information call 732-571-5582. NEW SEATS NOW AVAILABLE!
Applications will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis, dependent on availability.

GENERAL ADMISSION
General Admission (no seat -standing room only) will be offered both Friday and Saturday. General Admission for Friday will be sold at the gate that day for $10 (Grandstand) or $15 (Clubhouse); General Admission for Saturday is limited and must be pre-purchased for $50, walk up admissions will not be available that day.

PARKING
Cash lots will be available for Breeders' Cup Friday, however, parking for Breeders' Cup Saturday must be pre-purchased; cash lots are not available that day.

Monmouth Park will host live racing from Wednesday October 24 through Saturday, October 27. Tickets for seating on Wednesday and Thursday may also be pre-purhased. General Admission will be available on both those days for $5 (Grandstand) or $10 (Clubhouse).

rrbauer
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's a phone number that will get you to the Monmouth ticket office and you can find out if they have seats left for Saturday. I know they have them for Friday.

717-749-7157

Ron
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Those prices are crazy. $50 bucks for general admission, wow.

OTM Al
09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Its very very small Ron, so the prices are going to be high. You could fit about 4 of those grandstands into Belmont and probably still have room. Maybe that's a bit of an exageration, but not by much. Of course of the existing seating (don't know about the new stuff they are putting up) feels like you are right on top of the track.

point given
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
It will be interesting to see how the track is set up that week since they will race from the 24th on to the 27th. Since the surface is never raced on during that time period yearly, and the weather will be different than summer racing, and they don't want any horses breaking down , it should provide the crew and handicappers with a challenge. Note - early in the season, the surface was deeper in May, with closers preferred, then after a couple of weeks they scraped the inside and it was the old monmouth

As far as the stands go, they will be taking out all the picnic area seating/umbrellas and putting up temporary stands. The grandstand is smallish and the inside is without heat, as its a summer track. so good luck to all who brave the elements. Hats, gloves, electric socks etc be prepared. Im tubing it for sure

alysheba88
09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
It will be interesting to see how the track is set up that week since they will race from the 24th on to the 27th. Since the surface is never raced on during that time period yearly, and the weather will be different than summer racing, and they don't want any horses breaking down , it should provide the crew and handicappers with a challenge. Note - early in the season, the surface was deeper in May, with closers preferred, then after a couple of weeks they scraped the inside and it was the old monmouth

As far as the stands go, they will be taking out all the picnic area seating/umbrellas and putting up temporary stands. The grandstand is smallish and the inside is without heat, as its a summer track. so good luck to all who brave the elements. Hats, gloves, electric socks etc be prepared. Im tubing it for sure

Monmouth is not in Alaska, lol. Late October can get cold, as witnessed by some of the BC's at Belmont (which never got 10% of the criticism Monmouth has gotten before running one race). But dont worry, its not going to be 20 degrees. Weather is normally very comfortable. Gone out on Halloween without a coat most of the past few years

point given
09-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Monmouth is not in Alaska, lol. Late October can get cold, as witnessed by some of the BC's at Belmont (which never got 10% of the criticism Monmouth has gotten before running one race). But dont worry, its not going to be 20 degrees. Weather is normally very comfortable. Gone out on Halloween without a coat most of the past few years

Were you the guy in the George Bush mask that we pelted with eggs last year ?
Sorry about that. -

Seriously though, i think i'll wait for that week and maybe take in the friday card there if the weather is ok, tubing it on saturday though for the BC.;)