PDA

View Full Version : Bris Instant Charts - FYI

BillW
01-02-2003, 02:03 PM
For those importing the Bris instant charts, there are errors in the files today. All tracks seem to be affected. Notably the fractions line is bad, among others.

Bill

Richard
01-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Have you contacted BRISNET and informed them?They say at the bottom of their charts to the effect that they would appreciate that being done.

BillW
01-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Richard,

I e-mailed their tech support about the time I posted the above message. I got an answer back stating that they (he) have seen no problem and suggested that I call tech support (I guess implying that I had a problem on my end). I sent him a link of the problem charts so I have to assume that he never looked at them.

Bill

Richard
01-03-2003, 11:49 AM
I e-mailed the BRIS tech-support to the same effect.I respectfully request more people to do likewise.A lot of people (like myself) rely on those charts.

GameTheory
01-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Are they ok now?

A quick glance and I don't see an obvious errors. Specific example?

BillW
01-03-2003, 01:56 PM
I just called tech support at Bris. They are aware of the problem and are working it.

GT:

I'm looking at 1st Race AQU and it's still messed up:

- All conditions say "(OFF THE TURF)" instead of distance and surface.
- The Final time is messed up (Final time displayed before 1st fraction and final time slot occupied by a non-sensical value)
- All Mutuel Pool Totals say $0
_ Track Condx missing
- Weather shows zero degrees

This only applies to yesterday (1/2) and today (all tracks). I Looks like a datafile -> html translation problem.

Bill

Bill

GameTheory
01-03-2003, 02:28 PM
It is a code problem now -- there are SQL queries as part of the conditions -- "SELECT etc."...

Richard
01-03-2003, 04:36 PM
I was just at BRISNET a minute ago.The AQU charts have been redone.I havent seen any others yet but IMHO,the problem seems to be resolved.Back to the sport.

BillW
01-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Yep, Richard they look reasonable here also. They are also going back and correcting yesterday and the first part of today. If not yet done, they are at least in progress.

Bill