PDA

View Full Version : photos-Yellowstone Downs

joanied
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I said I'd post a few photos from Yellowstone Downs for you guys...my camera died on me that very day and so had to wait for my brother to send the ones he took. I do have more, on my husbands cell phone, but haven't had time to transfer them to my puter...these will have to do, and may be more than you want to se anyway :eek:
The worst part of the place is the barn area...it's on the far side of the oval and looks Ok in the pics...but it's a mess...dirty and the barns are falling apart, at the very least, they all need paint. The grandstand, such as it is, could also use some major spruce up's...it's not all that clean, needs paint and lots of other eye appealing fixes... I took pics with my husband's cell phone of the saddleing area, which is under the Grandstand and an accident waiting to happen...if I ever get the cell phone pkotos, I'll post a few more pics.
Belmont Park it ain't!!!

skate
09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
good pics for a cell phone:ThmbUp: .

where abouts in WY.?

GaryG
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
where abouts in WY.?

Billings, Montana

bigmack
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
NorEast corner of Receivables, MT

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/NECorn.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/YSDowns.jpg

thespaah
09-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Judging by the "catch fence" in front of the grandstnad it looks like they race cars there as well.

ALostTexan
09-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Is there a football field on the infield?

joanied
09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey guys,

Glad you liked the pics...but these aren't the cell phone pics, these are from my brothers little digital...I haven't got the cell phone pics downloaded yet...we can't pay for the service to get cell phone pics sent via emails, so I need to import every pic, one at a time, to our Verizon photo web site....which is a time consumer, and I don't have the time right now:mad:

Bigmac....I never thought to Googel Earth Yellowstone Downs...great shots of the place.

The infield has a track & field course and I beleive they used to race cars there, but not any more.

I live in WY (duh)...Powell is about 20 miles from the Montana border and about 90 miles to Billings (heading north)

The race track is within the Metra Park complex...they have all sorts of stuff going on there...home & trade shows, sporting events, concerts, Rodeo and horse shows.

Have a good one!!
:)