PDA

View Full Version : Iranian leader gets a ear full

46zilzal
09-24-2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/columbia.president/index.html

o0xst!
09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I have friends that were there, should get a full report tonight. Columbia is a strange place, I attended a lecture there last fall w/ my Israeli girliefriend and these emo hippie kids were chanting all these dopey pro palestinain chants...she almost got up and beat the crap out of them. I warned her not to come...

http://www.myemospace.com/nyc/gs.jpg

http://www.myemospace.com/nyc/blapes.jpg

http://www.myemospace.com/nyc/emos.jpg

Tom
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Columbia should be ashamed. They disgraves this nation today.
This same den of treason that rules ROTC off campus brings this POS murdering bastard there and gives im a podium?
It was disgraceful that we did not drag his ass off in handcuffs and put him on trial for crimes against humanity. And the Hostage Crisis of 1979 - which he participated in. If we don't take out terrorists when we have them, what kind of war on terror area we waging. Horrible mistake today. We let him go. Our bad.

Light
09-24-2007, 11:13 PM
The people who attack the Iranian leader for being intolerant are being intolerant themselves.

46zilzal
09-24-2007, 11:14 PM
You don't want to nuke 'em? I am surprised.

for saying: " When pressed about the harsh treatment of women, homosexuals and academics who challenge Iran's government, Ahmadinejad painted a rosy picture, saying, "Women in Iran enjoy the highest levels of freedom," he said.

He elicited laughter and boos from the audience at Columbia University when he said, "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country."

His remarks, which lasted about an hour, made several general references to God, religion and science. He portrayed himself as an academic, misunderstood and unfairly criticized in the United States."

What country, since time began, did not have sexual preference variance?

Light
09-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Give Tom some time. He'll get around to it.

Greyfox
09-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Like Tom, I did not want that man to have a forum anywhere on this continent.
I was proud of Bollinger's remarks.
"I am only a professor who is also a university president, and today I feel the weight of all the civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for," Bollinger told Ahmadinejad. "I only wish I could do better."

The report back to the people of Iran is somewhat different.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0709252616013529.htm

"Before President Ahamadinejad's address, Colombia University Chancellor in a brief address told the audience that they would have the chance to hear Iran's stands as the Iranian President would put them forth.

He said that the Iranians are a peace loving nation, they hate war, and all types of aggression."

Light
09-24-2007, 11:37 PM
For a college president,the guy is a dumb f. If he hated him so much,why invite him?

o0xst!
09-25-2007, 12:03 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/11/Regan_Kohl_Bitburg_1985.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
09-25-2007, 12:17 PM
No gays in Iran ABOVE GROUND.
CU letting Columbo speak lies kind of puts in perspective the guy who got tazered for speaking to Kerry.
Amy hate the USA but uses the same polispeak.

Tom
09-25-2007, 12:45 PM
His suit was a disgrace, too.
Very low-rent.

delayjf
09-25-2007, 01:14 PM
sexual preference variance?

Is that what they are calling it these days?? I suppose a table of sexual pars would be to politically incorrect. :eek:

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Is that what they are calling it these days??
No, that was a euphemism creation of my own.

kenwoodallpromos
09-25-2007, 04:03 PM
No, that was a euphemism creation of my own.
Just curious- since you created a term using the word PREFERENCE, does that imply you believe gays are that way because they PREFER it as opposed to being born that way?

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Just curious- since you created a term using the word PREFERENCE, does that imply you believe gays are that way because they PREFER it as opposed to being born that way?
No they prefer one sex over the other, just like you and I.

Greyfox
09-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry. But one post once again doesn't fit here.

How can anyone equate Ronald Reagan's delivering a wreath in Germany to the mad man Ahmadinejad's visit, even if he didn't go to Ground Zero.
Let us not forget that the U.S. rehabilitated Germany after the war and in particular Berlin. One of the finest Presidents in the last 50 years does not deserve that posting.

At this moment Ahmadinejad is one of the most dangerous men on earth.

BlueShoe
09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Was all for this madman to have his request granted and be permitted to visit Ground Zero.Of course,when he got there the firing squad would be waiting for him.After he was lined up against the nearest sturdy wall and shot,perhaps the Islamofacists might get the message that America is not quite as soft as they were led to believe.

Tom
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM

How can anyone equate Ronald Reagan's delivering a wreath in Germany to the mad man Ahmadinejad's visit,

Guess who #2 is?

wonatthewire1
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I would have at least called him an 'evil doer'

Perfect opportunity - and the most dangerous man in the world today?

Hardly, he's simply a puppet, the real dude in power is Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Till next time, enjoy the show!

:eek:

Greyfox
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I would have at least called him an 'evil doer'

Perfect opportunity - and the most dangerous man in the world today?

Hardly, he's simply a puppet, the real dude in power is Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Till next time, enjoy the show!

:eek:

Please re-read what I said.
I said "one of."

Yes. Tom. I got what your saying.

ArlJim78
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM

How can anyone equate Ronald Reagan's delivering a wreath in Germany to the mad man Ahmadinejad's visit, even if he didn't go to Ground Zero.
Let us not forget that the U.S. rehabilitated Germany after the war and in particular Berlin. One of the finest Presidents in the last 50 years does not deserve that posting.

i was also wondering myself why photos of Reagan keep popping up, with no caption or apparent relation to the subject.

Greyfox
09-25-2007, 11:16 PM
i was also wondering myself why photos of Reagan keep popping up, with no caption or apparent relation to the subject.

Bingo!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

o0xst!
09-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Ardent supporters of the man keep saying how awful it is that Admedinijad is coming here....the photo I am posting is of Reagan laying Wreaths on the graves of high ranking SS officers...look up the bitburg incident if you have time.

Greyfox
09-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Ardent supporters of the man keep saying how awful it is that Admedinijad is coming here....the photo I am posting is of Reagan laying Wreaths on the graves of high ranking SS officers...look up the bitburg incident if you have time.

High ranking SS officers were no different than low ranking German soldiers when it comes to death during war. In the ground, we are all equal.
If Reagan saw it right to honor those fallen warriors so be it.

I would bow my head to them as well. Brutal, or misguided as they were, they followed, perhaps under duress, their leader. They didn't start the war. They died in vain for it.

In your instance, there are definite "boundary problems."
You fail to discern the difference between Reagan paying honest respect to their deaths in service versus a mad man who is threatening to wipe out selected masses of civilization in his cause. If you don't read that within his words, I can't help you.
If you see a connection between your post and the current situation you are either much brighter than I am, or a total out of touch moronic toad.
I choose the latter until proof surfaces.
So far your posts are in support of my conclusion and several others have shared similar sympathies, except that I don't think you have realized that.

ArlJim78
09-26-2007, 12:34 AM
I highly doubt if it directly follows that ardent Reagan supporters are the only ones saying how awful it was for this guy to come and speak here. I see little connection between these events.

I'm as big a Reagan supporter as they come, but honestly I'm on the fence on this one. Part of me says don't even let him in the country, the other part says let him in to speak and expose his hideous ideas to all, and face up to some hard-hitting questions thereby demonstarting with clarity what free speech and freedom are all about. I think there are plusses and minuses to both courses of action.

46zilzal
09-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Between what this fellow said before and his very poor presentation today at the U.N. one is left with the fact his is both a poor speaker and not too bright.

46zilzal
09-26-2007, 12:48 AM

Little Ronnie a fine prez?

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Ardent supporters of the man keep saying how awful it is that Admedinijad is coming here....the photo I am posting is of Reagan laying Wreaths on the graves of high ranking SS officers...look up the bitburg incident if you have time.Yeah, but Admedinijad isn't going to ground zero, he's only here for the UN, which, unfortunately, is located in NYC.

After it was announced Admedinijad wasn't going to the WTC site, the Reagan photos lost their edge, and their meaning. Not to mention they're 20+ years old already.

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Little Ronnie a fine prez?Here we go.....

46zilzal
09-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Here we go.....
That is not off topic in this discussion.

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2007, 01:11 AM
That is not off topic in this discussion.I didn't say it was....well, yeah, it is, considering the topic of the thread is "Iranian leader gets a ear full" but that's neither here nor there....

My "here we go" response was in preparation for some good ol' fashioned Reagan-bashing. Can't ever get enough of that....:rolleyes:

46zilzal
09-26-2007, 01:14 AM
I have much more positive things to say about Ronnie than most other Republicans of recent vintage: He was a very accomplished horseman.

My father received a long, hand written letter from Reagan after helping him out with the lyrics of a cavalry song he was trying to remember during a speech when he was governor.

My first interaction with him was his tripling my tuition between my junior and senior years.

Gibbon
10-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Iranian university invites Bush to speak following Iranian president's visit to Columbia University.

"After all, it is only fair that we show the same diplomacy to your fascist leader as you did to ours"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/01/AR2007100101462.html?nav=rss_world

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
"After all, it is only fair that we show the same diplomacy to your fascist leader as you did to ours"Ummmm...where did this quote come from?