PDA

View Full Version : The Yankees Win! Theeeeeeeeee Yankees win!

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
BIG game today! A win puts them one back of Boston and many do not realize, but they have already clinched the tie-breaker ( head to head record).

They only need to win one more game than Boston with a win today.

Division champs again? Good possibility now!

Rumor has it all the Red Sox fans are stuck to their couch watching replays of the ball going through Bill Buckner's legs! :lol:

46zilzal
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Has been a remarkable stretch move akin to Concern, Cefis, Lit de Justice, Aldebaran or the like.

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 02:00 PM
4-0 Bluejays

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
4-0 Bluejays

OH NO! I guess the Yanks should just give up then! The season is doomed!

I will call Joe and tell him to take out all the starters! No team could ever come back from a 4 run deficit in the 4th inning!

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Just posting the score, make what you want of it guy.

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Just posting the score, make what you want of it guy.

Good job! Keep me posted! :ThmbUp:

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM

4-1

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 03:49 PM

over

Ron
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Yankees suck.

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Yankees suck.

Great post Ron! One for the ages! Keep up the good work and you can catch Tom in a few years! :ThmbUp:

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Not the best ideas of titles for this thread?? LOL

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Not the best ideas of titles for this thread?? LOL

Ahhh! I see your confusion. I did not properly explain they have won the TIE BREAKER. That would require more reading on your part.

I have to make sure I get things right, because I know you are a big baseball fan.

I'll do better next time, promise! :liar:

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Ahhh! I see your confusion. I did not properly explain they have won the TIE BREAKER. That would require more reading on your part.

I have to make sure I get things right, because I know you are a big baseball fan.

I'll do better next time, promise! :liar:
Hey you posted it, it blew up in your face, it happens to the best of em :lol: :lol: :lol:

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey you posted it, it blew up in your face, it happens to the best of em :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are right man! I put my life savings on this game! Now I have to sell my computer and hang out outside Best Buy hoping somebody buys a refrigerator tonight so I can have the box to sleep in.

You know scarecrow, I will miss you the most! You take care of all the tin men and cowardly lions here, ok? :ThmbUp:

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
You are right man! I put my life savings on this game! Now I have to sell my computer and hang out outside Best Buy hoping somebody buys a refrigerator tonight so I can have the box to sleep in.

You know scarecrow, I will miss you the most! You take care of all the tin men and cowardly lions here, ok? :ThmbUp:

I feel sorry for you.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Here we go again....:rolleyes:

harnesslover
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Here we go again....:rolleyes:

I know, it should be a fantastic AL playoffs this year.. 2 tough first round matchups.

I think Slight edge to the Angels, then the Red Sox, then Indians and Yankees are virtually even.

OTM Al
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I would actually say big edge to the Angels, then the Yankees and Cleveland. Where Boston fits in depends on Manny. No Manny, they have a big problem. They need all the runs they can get given the current shape of their bullpen. They are able to get healthy in both those areas they are #2. If not, they are #4 and should get bounced quick.

harnesslover
09-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I would actually say big edge to the Angels, then the Yankees and Cleveland. Where Boston fits in depends on Manny. No Manny, they have a big problem. They need all the runs they can get given the current shape of their bullpen. They are able to get healthy in both those areas they are #2. If not, they are #4 and should get bounced quick.

Well, I agree Angels are most balanced team. They are solid and are very tough at home.

Red Sox are going to be tough because they have 1 dominant starter and 2 very good starters in Dice K and Schilling. Also have Bucholtz and Lester ready, as well as Pappelbon in the pen.

Yankees are going to have to hit the hell out of the ball. Wang is probably their best starter, been solid most of the year. Pettite is ok, but has been hit pretty hard of late. I don't think Clemens or Mussina really strike fear in anyone. Rivera has bounced back and Chamberlain has been really good.

Indians may have the best 1-2 starters out of the 4. However, even though Borowski has 40+ saves, I am still not sold on him. He's totally hittable.

I think its going to turn out Angels over Yankees, Sox over Indians then Angels over Sox for the ALCS

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
The Angels are finished beating the Yankees. No more of that "The Angels have the Yankees' number" voodoo mumbo jumbo.

Dice K is one step above ordinary in my book, after watching him pitch this year. Yeah, he can strike you out, but he also walks you a lot and his ERA is el stinko for such a highly touted acquisition.

skate
09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
i was like, going for the angels, cause i thought id be alone.:eek:

i gots to rethink this thing :rolleyes:

harnesslover
09-26-2007, 07:01 PM
The Angels are finished beating the Yankees. No more of that "The Angels have the Yankees' number" voodoo mumbo jumbo.

Dice K is one step above ordinary in my book, after watching him pitch this year. Yeah, he can strike you out, but he also walks you a lot and his ERA is el stinko for such a highly touted acquisition.

Are the Yankees going to wait till the last day of the year to clinch the wildcard?

Tom
09-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I think this thread cursed them! :eek:

GaryG
09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I would actually say big edge to the Angels, then the Yankees and Cleveland. Where Boston fits in depends on Manny. No Manny, they have a big problem. They need all the runs they can get given the current shape of their bullpen. They are able to get healthy in both those areas they are #2. If not, they are #4 and should get bounced quick.If they do get bounced early the whining will start immediately. Red Sox fans must inherit that whining gene somehow...

harnesslover
09-26-2007, 10:03 PM
If they do get bounced early the whining will start immediately. Red Sox fans must inherit that whining gene somehow...

It's from living so close to the Bronx, it's infectious :D :D :D

njcurveball
09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Are the Yankees going to wait till the last day of the year to clinch the wildcard?

I think this thread cursed them! :eek:

Do you guys ever tire of acting like high school freshman?

C'mon Tom you have 23,000 posts of this freshman stuff, do you think you will ever grow up?

harnesslover
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM

C'mon Tom you have 23,000 posts of this freshman stuff, do you think you will ever grow up?

Guy, you got all pumped up, pushed your chest out and it blew up in your face, you looked foolish.. It happens. Move on. Best way to deal with it

njcurveball
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Guy, you got all pumped up, pushed your chest out and it blew up in your face, you looked foolish.. It happens. Move on. Best way to deal with it

In case you spent the day under your rock, as usual. I have a bit of news for you................

THE YANKEES WIN!

THEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!

NEXT STOP, THE PLAYOFFS!

harnesslover
09-26-2007, 11:05 PM
In case you spent the day under your rock, as usual. I have a bit of news for you................

THE YANKEES WIN!

THEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!

NEXT STOP, THE PLAYOFFS!

If yet another first round playoff loss excites you, then who are we to stand in your way :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Walk with me down memory lane, won't you?

philsfan07 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=3840) (5/27/07)
Let me ask you, if you were getting even money that the Yankees would make the playoffs this year,would you bet it?
philsfan07 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=3840) (5/27/07)
They basically have to go 71-44 the rest of the way to have a shot at the playoffs. It's just not happening. Bad starting staff, bad bullpen and too many holes in the offense. Not happening.

Just a few of his many solid predictions this year. Wherever philsfan07 (aka sq764, aka LordKnowsWho) is right now (and I'm sure he's very close by), will someone PLEASE pass him some water to wash down his heaping helping of crow.

Tom
09-27-2007, 07:29 AM

You can post #28 and say this to me? :lol::lol::lol:

njcurveball
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
You can post #28 and say this to me? :lol::lol::lol:

yes Tom I can. Because on this board you have to reply in kind. However in your case you simply jump in threads write a few words add some smileys and increase your post count.

No one even mentions your name and you come running for this Freshman shit.

If people like you and the other "veteran" posters here would set a better example many threads would not turn to crap and many posters would not leave.

Now reply with your handful of words, add some smileys and increase your post count. :jump:

Ron
09-27-2007, 02:15 PM
No one even mentions your name and you come running for this Freshman shit.

Actually, dipshit, you brought up his name for no reason in post #10.

Tom
09-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Ron.....:lol:
NJ, I think you might be better suited to GRAFFITTI.

Typically, threads on a forum like this attract various people to post. Was it your impression that you were the only one who would post in this thread? I have seen you post in threads without an invitation, so you are sending me mixed signals. You post uninvited, yet when I do, after being mentioned earlier on, you have a fit. Duh?

GULB

njcurveball
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Actually, dipshit, you brought up his name for no reason in post #10.

Ahhh! you have learned to say dipshit my young 13 year old. Congrats! You have certainly added to this thread! :ThmbUp:

And I have to add another thing. Your one line posts criticizing everything and anyone on this board certainly helps as well.

Keep up the good work and maybe someday your zits might even go away! :ThmbUp:

njcurveball
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Ron.....:lol:
NJ, I think you might be better suited to GRAFFITTI.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Graffiti (singular: graffito; the plural is more common) is the name for images or lettering scratched, scrawled, or painted on property that does not belong to the artist.

Spot on call! That is exactly what I do here! :ThmbUp:

njcurveball
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Typically, threads on a forum like this attract various people to post.

Yes and some of them actually post helpful information, others like you post one liners and smiley faces.

You have drug me down with you for the last time my friend! Post all you like and even stalk me from thread to thread like Harness Lover.

I wish you the best! :ThmbUp:

DanG
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Let’s move on to the National league gentleman!

The races are...TREMENDOUS!!!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0605/gallery.basebrawl/images/234678.jpg

toetoe
09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I love the Curvaceous One's energy. Kind of a Jersey Derek. :ThmbUp: However, how to harness that energy is the question. His love of the Jankies is admirable, and to me even terrifying. That's just me. Many on here are rabid fanatic baseball followers. More power to 'em. But can we maybe stop short of investing the totality of our manhood in the result of our team's game/season ? No ? Okay, I thought not. :)