PDA

View Full Version : MY ANGLE

rusrious
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, goodmorning..

Well, after months of practice, I have been able to pick a horse that ALLWAYS at least shows..

So, as of today, I have a plan of attack..

Starting with $10, I will pick my horse to show, take the winnings, and do the same.. So each time I win, I take all the winnings, and play my next race, with my horse and bet to show.. Always taking the winnings, and putting them on my next race.. Just for fun, to see what happens..

Hows that sound? What kinda holes do you see in this plan? I will be doing this for fun, to see what happens, and to pass time at the track..

I do know that once that horse loses, my $10 is gone, but with a nice streak, and constant small winnings, it will add up.. Might take a few weeks, but, hey why not.. JUst a plan to have fun with.. It's like a recycle ticket plan..

Never know.. Please chime in on this..

Good Day and Good betting

njcurveball
09-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I will be doing this for fun, to see what happens, and to pass time at the track..

I think your plan is perfectly in line with your goals. :ThmbUp:

cardak
09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
doesnt give you much to bet with

Light
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM
What kinda holes do you see in this plan?

Not as easy as it looks. Years ago,I use to do show parlays starting with five bucks.When it got to $200,I'd get scared,took the profits and started over again.One time I noticed that I had a streak of 10 shows in a row which would have netted me fifty thousand from $5 if I parlayed without restarting. I've never been able to duplicate this or even come close. If you have a good show parlay method,you wont need to work.

Remember to put your picks in the "selections" section or you will be moderated.

ceejay
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I do know that once that horse loses, my $10 is gone, but with a nice streak, and constant small winnings, it will add up.. Playing till you lose only guarantees that you'll lose. You need to take profits because ALLWAYS at least shows may not always mean ALLWAYS.

toetoe
09-24-2007, 01:39 PM
That's called a parlay, no ?

Light, your stretch was called "My Dangle," wasn't it?

kenwoodallpromos
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
There is a name for people that bet like that, after they win many bets- Bridgejumper!

jotb
09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Not as easy as it looks. Years ago,I use to do show parlays starting with five bucks.When it got to $200,I'd get scared,took the profits and started over again.One time I noticed that I had a streak of 10 shows in a row which would have netted me fifty thousand from $5 if I parlayed without restarting. I've never been able to duplicate this or even come close. If you have a good show parlay method,you wont need to work.

Remember to put your picks in the "selections" section or you will be moderated.

$50k starting with a $5 show parlay after 10 wagers. Either you were wagering on longshots or a lot of favorites were off the board. That's pretty tuff to do.

Joe

toetoe
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I get $5,120 for 11 $4 show payoffs. Admittedly pretty generous. Hey, wait ... did he say FIVE or FIFTY ? :confused:

john del riccio
09-24-2007, 05:26 PM
My POP used to always say that betting to show is like a slow death......

John

toetoe
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Betting to show is like betting an underdog team taking points only. IF the horse pays close to $4.00, that is. If you like the team, bang it to win at good odds.

Light
09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
During that streak most of my horses paid $5 to $10 to show.

Light
09-24-2007, 05:38 PM
If you get $6 to show 10 times in a row starting with $5,you will have $292,245.
Excuse me. Thats $295,245.

chrisl
09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Running a show parlay was my first lesson I got from my dad at longacres racetrack in Washington state. That was thirty years ago. I got my weekly allowance 10 dollers, we would go to the track, and I would start with $2 to show. I would then take the winnings and try the next race. From what I can remember, I could reap the rewards of hotdogs and pop, if I was lucky. Those were the days..Chrisl

46zilzal
09-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Those were the days..Chrisl

I miss Do Dah, Jody Davidson and Basil Frazier.

chrisl
09-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Do Dah..Now that brings it back. Pat Day, The Baze's

The high school I went to, Debbie Hoonan-Trujillo who has been a jockette at EMD, her father was my football coach...I still remember the standing prime rib sandwiches...Chrisl

Vigors
09-24-2007, 07:16 PM
keep the odd change amount's seperate, e.g. the payoff is $3.40....
.....play the $ 3.00 and keep the $0.40 for a seperate bankroll which
should add up to another play once ( or if ) you tap out your original
$ 10.....just a thought "to pass the time".

rusrious
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
keep the odd change amount's seperate, e.g. the payoff is $3.40....
.....play the $ 3.00 and keep the $0.40 for a seperate bankroll which
should add up to another play once ( or if ) you tap out your original
$ 10.....just a thought "to pass the time".

I will remember that..

Thanks for all the input on this folks..

I may put my selection in the proper forum, MAYBE, LOL..

Im still working somethings out with my formula, and going to start next week..

But Im really close, and it's fun..

So is this a possible angle, if I did it right? With say hitting 98%..

NoDayJob
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
One time I noticed that I had a streak of 10 shows in a row which would have netted me fifty thousand from $5 if I parlayed without restarting.

It would be hard to wind up with $50k on 10 straight winning show bets. Ultimately, your money would be the majority of the pool, unless you are satisfied with a guaranteed 5% on a negative pool, which I'm fairly sure it would be. The biggest show bet that would be playable depends the track, the day and the race.

Light
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*Sigh* I know. I remember the last bet would have been 25k to show on a horse that paid $4 to show.

pic6vic
09-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I will remember that..

Thanks for all the input on this folks..

I may put my selection in the proper forum, MAYBE, LOL..

Im still working somethings out with my formula, and going to start next week..

But Im really close, and it's fun..

So is this a possible angle, if I did it right? With say hitting 98%..

There is no way you are going to hit 98% with any show bets let alone in the $5 to $10 range.

spilparc
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I miss Do Dah, Jody Davidson and Basil Frazier.

Jody Davidson--Drugs

Michael Baze--Drugs

Brian Long--Drugs

Jorge Aaragon--Cheating--Banned from North American Tracks

Ron Hansen (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E3D61738F937A25754C0A9619582 60)--Cheating (http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=4630)--Suicide? or Murder?

jotb
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
If you get $6 to show 10 times in a row starting with $5,you will have $292,245.
Excuse me. Thats $295,245.

That's correct but by the time you get down to that last bet you will have almost 100k to show. I doubt very much you would get $6 to show. After you win the first 7 races, your 8th investment is $10,935 to show and the 9th investment would be $32,804 to show. Tough to get $6 to show with that much money in the show pool.

Joe

spilparc
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
That's correct but by the time you get down to that last bet you will have almost 100k to show. I doubt very much you would get $6 to show. After you win the first 7 races, your 8th investment is $10,935 to show and the 9th investment would be $32,804 to show. Tough to get $6 to show with that much money in the show pool.

Joe

Don't forget that most of the breakage comes out of the show pools.

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Jody Davidson--Drugs

Michael Baze--Drugs

Brian Long--Drugs

Jorge Aaragon--Cheating--Banned from North American Tracks

I am not surprised as we had a "possible buzzer" incident this season with a jock 2nd in the standings.

When there is enough pressure on someone to do well, many fall apart.

Conquer
09-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, goodmorning..

Well, after months of practice, I have been able to pick a horse that ALLWAYS at least shows..

So, as of today, I have a plan of attack..

Starting with $10, I will pick my horse to show, take the winnings, and do the same.. So each time I win, I take all the winnings, and play my next race, with my horse and bet to show.. Always taking the winnings, and putting them on my next race.. Just for fun, to see what happens..

Hows that sound? What kinda holes do you see in this plan? I will be doing this for fun, to see what happens, and to pass time at the track..

I do know that once that horse loses, my $10 is gone, but with a nice streak, and constant small winnings, it will add up.. Might take a few weeks, but, hey why not.. JUst a plan to have fun with.. It's like a recycle ticket plan..

Never know.. Please chime in on this..

Good Day and Good betting

If it is truly just for fun, then of course it will be alright. HOWEVER, I think we all know you are hoping to make tons of money off of it and WILL get mad when you lose. I do not see how it will be profitable for you unless this is your day job and even then you would have to play ALOT of races. As far as I know most DECENT handicappers can hit a show horse more than 60% of the time, hell, all you have to do is play the lowest MLO every race WITH a few contigencies and you will win more than 80% of the time. But unless you are playing LONG shots, you wont make anymore than 60-1.20 payoff per $2 show bet. So lets just say you make $1.00 off of each $2 show bet (which you most likely wont, being that most payoffs for show are like .40-.80 cents) and you win 10 races, you will have made $50. HOWEVER, you wont win every one of them and therefore you will probably only make like $10 a day. I dont know if its worth it. but if its just for fun, then hey why not.

And whoever said they made over $200,000 grand on show parlays is a liar.

Tom Barrister
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
There was a guy named Don K back in the sixties and seventies who made a million or two betting the show pools in Southern California. He never bet any other way. Now back then, the only exotic bet was the one daily double, and the straight pools had a lot of money in them. He didn't bet short priced horses either. A lot of them got off at double digit odds. He never told anybody how he handicapped, but some people believe that he looked for horses with lone early speed, which wasn't well known back then.

You won't hit 98% betting to show, even if you play only 1-5 shots. The best you can hope for is about 90-92% with low odds-on horses. Tote favorites show about 65% of the time. As a group, odds-on horses show about 80-85% of the time. If you want to do it for fun, then do it, but don't expect to make a profit.

dav4463
09-25-2007, 05:35 PM
You need to set a limit on the number of races and take your profit and start over. Double your parlay amount after you get a profit. Reduce your parlay amount on the next set when you lose.

maxwell
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Drive for show, putt for dough. Who the hell came up with show pools?

rusrious
09-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Goodmorning fellas,

Well, I'm going today. I will not be Placing bets every race.. I will be formulating every race tho.. My choice will NOT be decided till the last 2 minutes.. Of course the odds have to be there, nothing lower then 4-1..

My biggest problem used to be playing EVERY race, and have used that losing info on how to lay-off races.. I have a pretty good plan, As I'm sure we all think we have, LOL.. The key for me is too have fun with it, and have a good time relaxing and enjoying the time at the track.. If you go with a plan on making money, you lose, I do anyways.. Like my very first time going to the track, first bet, I won $162.. Next race, bet 50% on my choice, and the horse tripped coming out the gate, :bang: ..

I do have guild-lines with my formula, and thats half the battle.. My biggest rule is, take out the horses that cant win, place, or show, or sizing down the field..

I will take everything said here with me.. Thanks folks

FormalGold1
09-26-2007, 11:08 AM
If memory serves, Mark Cramer won 119/121 show bets and helped finance his daughters' college education. He usually bet 'can't miss' fillies in stake races.

rusrious
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Ummm, really, interesting

Light
09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
When I had my $50k show betting streak,I stayed away from F&M,and all maidens and all races for 2yO's and 3YO's only. Only bet races for older males, preferably sprints, prefferably closers.

Light
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
The reason I chose the older males was because I tracked my own winners in various categories and found I excelled in older male sprints. So I'm not saying it is for you or Cramer doesnt know what he is talking about. But I highly recomend you check your strengths and weaknesses in various classes of racing if you are serious about parlays.

John
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Tom Worth Publishing put out a show method