PDA

View Full Version : Pell Mell Spots 9/23

Pell Mell
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
We lost a few tight photos yesterday but still managed a profit across the board. The 60/1 shot at HAW made a serious attempt to win but was only good enough for 3rd. Had a 30/1 at HOO that got 3rd but the one that hurt was the nose loss at TDN. The $23. winner at SUF helped the cause.
Last night I was killing time playing 10 cent supers and nailed one for $500. at RP. You can learn a lot about how races play out by just fooling around with these supers at 2 bucks a pop.

One other thing, concerning betting, my plays usually show a profit betting to place almost equal to win betting because I get a lot of long ones in the money.
I usually bet win/place and according to how the race shapes up I may bet some exactas and sometimes a tri. I hit a couple big exactas and a real nice tri on Fri. with my play on top. So if you like another horse or two, hook them up.

There are some nice looking plays today and some are in better spots than others but I expect most of them to give a good run:ThmbUp:

FE-1st--2--6/1....I don't play this track much so I may make mistakes there as to intent...this one looks to be in a good spot but I have my questions about the last race...draws top jock and if odds are short I will pass...I want at least 4/1

FE-5th--#10--20/1...last ones a speed sharpner...goes for the money today

FE-8th--#8--8/1...has speed ...been primed...first Lasix...drops to bottom w/live boy up...will be bet

TDN-4th--#10--12/1....should show up...the #12 may ruin things but our price should be right...vulnerable chalk in here

WO-7th--#6--15/1...has been running good against better...throw out last...might be a box car

WO-10th--#3--12/1...should run lifetime best but there are a few others that will have something to say...#10 has been right there in last 2 and will be bet...#11 & #14 are going to be tough...I am going to take the value and probably box exactas w/win on the long one

RP-6th--#5--15/1...Berry sitting on top of the world right now...easiest spot ever for this mare....should be much closer to pace...probably will have to catch the #9who may also be a good play...nice spot for exacta

RP-9th--#8--12/1...speed prep in last gave Quincy a chance to get the feel of him....can handle dist...should be decent price

HST-2nd--#1--7/2....if you can deal with short odds this one should get up

HST-5th--#2--12/1...exits a couple of quick races...showed enough speed to stalk...has live boy up....should run big