PDA

View Full Version : For Tom

Charlie
09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Tom .... back in July of 2006 you were starting to use Pandy's 12.5 Harness Diamond system. I was wondering if you found it to be a worthwhile program and if so, does it work equally as well for both mile and half mile tracks? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tom
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes.
Yes.

I upgraded to V12.?? and it is very good. I have used it at Batvia and Medowlands mainly, and different ratings win at each, but a day or two of modeling and you should be seeing patterns. I wish it were more easy to use and print, but it is good at rating horses. I do recommend it. Rad his articles in PAndycapping, too - good stuff there.

When Med runs, Ilike to combine the program with his comments and odds line on the net....I have chased some nice ones doing that. I remeber one sad noght - I lost 6 in a row and gave up and went ot bed. You guessed it - in the next four races, three double digit winers right on top! Arrrrghghghg!

Charlie
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Tom... thanks for your response. At the present, the Diamond system is becoming more and more intriquing for the following reason. Not doing so well betting Yonkers and feel a change is needed in my handicapping approach. I did have a very good live racing meet at Rockingham, but once it closed starting doing my handicapping a Yonkers. Maybe the change from a mile track to a 1/2 mile track is my problem, but anyway thanks again for your feedback.

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Tom... thanks for your response. At the present, the Diamond system is becoming more and more intriquing for the following reason. Not doing so well betting Yonkers and feel a change is needed in my handicapping approach. I did have a very good live racing meet at Rockingham, but once it closed starting doing my handicapping a Yonkers. Maybe the change from a mile track to a 1/2 mile track is my problem, but anyway thanks again for your feedback.

Changing from a mile to 1/2 mile is a HUGE change. It involves a totally different approach to handicapping.

My advice is to stick to mile tracks (or 7/8) if you do well with those races. Stick to Balmoral, Indiana Downs, Mohawk for now.

Charlie
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Changing from a mile to 1/2 mile is a HUGE change. It involves a totally different approach to handicapping.

My advice is to stick to mile tracks (or 7/8) if you do well with those races. Stick to Balmoral, Indiana Downs, Mohawk for now.

I usually do my handicapping at Rockingham and the Meadowlands, but both are closed at the present time and yes, I do realize there is a huge change between these one mile tracks and Yonkers. I realize speed, and position are especially important at half milers and also how Posts 6, 7 and 8 are huge disadvantages. But anyway, I should probably utilize your advice and stay where I've been succsessful.

warrant
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
post 6 7 and 8 are good if the 5 is scratched at tracks like yonkers, big money to be won then, long odd winners will come

I usually do my handicapping at Rockingham and the Meadowlands, but both are closed at the present time and yes, I do realize there is a huge change between these one mile tracks and Yonkers. I realize speed, and position are especially important at half milers and also how Posts 6, 7 and 8 are huge disadvantages. But anyway, I should probably utilize your advice and stay where I've been succsessful.

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 03:59 PM

I would definitely focus on where you profit.. That's always a good practice.

However, I wouldn't give up on 1/2 mile tracks, I would take the time to watch 50-100 races and see what is winning. Take a few n ights and go to Brisbet and watch a few nights of replays. You'll see how speed is critical on the 1/2 mile tracks.