09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Two thumbs (and everything else) up !! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

o0xst!
09-22-2007, 03:26 PM
yah she's a nice lookin' dame.

JustRalph
09-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Two thumbs (and everything else) up !! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

The Fox news babes are about to make her persona non grata.............

and now that everybody knows she likes to fly around in the Private jets of the people she covers.............Rupert won't offer her a job...........she is toast

toetoe
09-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Toast like that needs no butter. Just as tasty, pardon the expression, well ... naked. AND they are MILD ... I mean, real. :cool:

falconridge
09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
MB finished third--third! and with a minus total to boot--in the dumbed-down version of Jeopardy! during that TV quiz show's Washington Power People (or some such nonsense) tournament. As a result of her bringin'-up-the-rear performance, every war orphan in a Somalian village now owes the producers a Jeopardy! home game.

I believe that was the same round-robin in which Oliver "Flint" Stone bested Wolf "In Chic Clothing" Blitzer in a heat that saw Arianna Huffington completing the trifecta. Wolf got blitzed in the Carter Administration category, where his ignorance was positively breathtaking (didn't he get paid to cover that beat?). I think he wore the golden sombrero for his four buzz-ins ("Who is Bert Lance?" D'oh!).

Not being able to gape every morning at flame-tressed La Liz and the Sweater Puppies has made for a l-o-o-o-ng summer. Liz in action:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UIL1RjGHbxNVewN91q_j9kStOUeZ0uUxLJCiKNstdPDKK823Cu Rb8TNm6WvcajTOfStLppLwx_seVydG3rN4sdwadZWUTpmjALdf/liz_squeeze_play.gif

toetoe
09-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll keep an eye out for those. I mean ... her. :blush:

Don't know how it came about, but I watched Breast Whisperer, er Ghost Whisperer last night. God, it's right out of Ernie Kovacs' worstseller Zoomar --- breast-flattering T-V, milking them for all they're worth. It's snowing out ? No matter, we'll strap JLH into a low-cut, monokini anorak and heels. :faint:

Overlay
09-22-2007, 06:43 PM
MB finished third--third! and with a minus total to boot--in the dumbed-down version of Jeopardy! during that TV quiz show's Washington Power People (or some such nonsense) tournament. As a result of her bringin'-up-the-rear performance, every war orphan in a Somalian village now owes the producers a Jeopardy! home game.

Your veiled allusion to Robert Klein's routine about his Jeopardy! appearance notwithstanding, do you recall what worthy cause MB was playing on behalf of? Was it in fact Somalia relief?

toetoe
09-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Overt Lay,

Please allow me my allusions until the day I leave this veil of tiers ... er sump'm. :confused:

Was Maria playing to support our troops during that invasion of Grenada (or Libya or Panama or wherever) affectionately referred to as "Operation Just Because?"

falconridge
09-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Your veiled allusion to Robert Klein's routine about his Jeopardy! appearance notwithstanding, do you recall what worthy cause MB was playing on behalf of? Was it in fact Somalia relief?
I either didn't notice or don't remember (in fact, I don't even remember if I noticed :confused: ). Maybe Big Brothers/Big Sisters. In any case, I'm sure all the causes were worthy, and all benefited--save Ms. Bartiromo's reputation.

Apologies to Mr. Klein, but my acknowledgment got smothered somewhere south of Ms. Claman's russet mane. Besides, I figured that, with everyone's gaze directed elsewhere, nobody would notice anyway. ;)

toetoe
09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Was the acknowledgment the ONLY thing buried in that generously hirsute superficial expanse ? I can feel the "Clamation" from here.

bigmack
09-22-2007, 07:51 PM
While I've always found the Italian Bartiromo a bit too Italian for my liking, I discover that she was a coat check girl in her parents restaurant and as I've always had an affinity for coat check girls I am prepared to re-think my take.

Amongst the gems she doled out on her Jeopardy appearance which ended with a donated $K for her charitable involvement in Final Jeopardy which she blew down to $300 as a result of her answer of Platinum for Element 79 on the Periodic Table when the answer was Gold, were:

Category: The Capital, for $100
A: In 1989 hundreds of pro-democracy demonstrators were killed by the military at Tiananmen Square in this capital.
Q: Maria buzzes in and makes a face for five seconds. A five second face, to her dismay, is incorrect. Armed with a functioning buzzer, Maria prepares to actually verbalize a question next time.

Category: The Mole, for $200
A: Most moles destroy gardens & lawns searching for insect larvae or these “global” worms.
Q: Maria buzzes quickly and spurts out “Computer worms! What is computer worms.” Both are incorrect, and suggest recent head trauma. The correct question, especially with the “GLOBAL” hint, is “What are EARTH worms?”

Category: N”AA”CP, for $800 (the category was a stupidly irrelevant shout out to Mfume that meant all questions have a double A in them, like the word aardvark)

A: “Blah, blah, blah…the nation’s first fashion magazine.”
Q: Maria buzzes, “What is Vogue?” Alex shoots her down. Anderson chimes in with the answer “Harper’s Bazaar,” because it is the only fashion magazine with 15,000 “A”s in its title. He is, remarkably, correct. Alex reminds the contestants that all answers must have those two As in them. Maria acts as if the mysteries of the universe have just been unveiled to her.

XRE1Wi9nr1k

falconridge
09-22-2007, 08:50 PM
"A five second face, to her dismay, is incorrect. [...] Both are incorrect, and suggest recent head trauma."

:lol: Great stuff, Mack--especially your riffs on Ms. Butter-Oh!-Mo'! I'm amazed she didn't buzz in with "Who made the egg salad sandwiches?"

Toe, about that "russet mane" "crack": I wasn't thinking THAT far south :blush: --or of any mane other than what's visible in La Liz's slo-mo squeeze play (not that you're likely to notice her capital coif, as the attention-grabber is clearly elsewhere). You naughty, naughty boy! :kiss: Besides, how do YOU know she's a "real" redhead? :p

toetoe
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
A matter of pubic record, m'boy. (Insert thumbs-under-suspenders emoticon, please. Nigel Bruce voice, as always, optional.)

Maria is forgiven her paucity of a's, as her two t's trump all.

toetoe
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Anderson ... Who is Andah-son Coopah Three Sixty, Alex ? :confused: :jump:

bigmack
09-22-2007, 09:36 PM
http://media4.cnbc.com/j/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_Specials/DailyFeatures/ELA/DSC_0148.standard.jpg
Lizzy & Maria

If recollection serves me as well as a shaken M'Tini, Falc has trumpeted his affectation for LizC B4 and I still scratch the top O' my head wondering the nuanced soruce of his longing for the "take it the bank" RedHeaded talking head donning the 60's style "cross your heart bra".

Do I read correctly FRidge that Bono will be an Irish rocking orator at your Inland Empired institution?

falconridge
09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
LK: "Altoona, Pennsylvania, you're on the air. You have a question for Lord Snowdon?"

A,P: "Um, yeah. Tony: before you guys split up, didja get any pitchers o' Maggie with her knickers off?"

[formerly] Lord [now 1st Earl of] Snowdon: [Nigel Bruce voice MANDATORY] "Well, I say ... "

LK: "Ogallala, Nebraska, you're on the air. You're talking to our guest this evening, Antony Armstrong-Jones, better known in these parts as Lord Snowdon. Your question, please ... "

THAT Leh-ee King? :confused:

falconridge
09-22-2007, 11:33 PM
longing for the "take it the bank" RedHeaded talking head [...]

Do I read correctly FRidge that Bono will be an Irish rocking orator at your Inland Empired institution?

That is a fac', Mack. Legion d'Honneur recipient Bono shall indeed grace us with his presence this coming October 30.

Just this past Tuesday, Gore Vidal payed us a visit. He projected his familiar haughty, precious, irascible manner before "town and gown" alike--or so I hear; I caught only the last few minutes of the Q & A that followed his act. (I was alarmed to see how frail Vidal's become--gaunt and wheelchair-bound). I spend the better part of my on-campus time, however, savoring the sweetest plum of my career: for the past several weeks, my near-constant companion has been a man who for more than 50 years has used his wit, courage, and probity (and, yes, skepticism) to protect our freedom--and, often at great personal sacrifice, to reveal even the most unpleasant of truths. Honored and blessed (undeservedly so) though I am to know him, out of respect for his privacy I'll refrain from dropping his name in a public forum such as this one--especially since his is a handle I'm sure you'd recognize.

Back on topic: Congrats, Mack, for hitting the twin double, and especially for sharing the dividends.:jump: As to your wondering of my fixation for La Liz, the answer may lie in your conception of her as a "talking HEAD." Fact is, while I appreciate her bright mien, piercing gaze, alabaster skin, dulcet voice, and Sorbonne-honed intellect, it's not her head that has me so enrapt! :blush: ;)

bigmack
09-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Just this past Tuesday, Gore Vidal payed us a visit.
for the past several weeks, my near-constant companion has been a man who for more than 50 years has used his wit, courage, and probity (and, yes, skepticism) to protect our freedom--and, often at great personal sacrifice, to reveal even the most unpleasant of truths.
For me, GoreV was merely a character who appeared on the likes of The Dick Cavett Show or with the like minded/lifestyled MervG posturing with bumptious opinions of an American society of which he was far removed. After having seen the goings on of Raquel Welch's character in the dotty film Myra Breckinridge, I quickly gave him a tip of the cap for his shear flagitiousness. Not to mention his involvement in Caligula.

I'd be willing to venture a guess of your recent comrade though appreciate your position of his innomination.

In a time when the vogue of fashion calls for spray-on tans the alabaster complexion of Lizzy is sound enough reason for your/her well rounded enrapture.

JPinMaryland
09-23-2007, 03:12 AM
Outstanding thread of the week :ThmbUp:

toetoe
09-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow, those puppies four abreast remind of my childhood pet shop days. :jump:

My Irish bruthah (Tony Curtis voice, please) coming to town ? I'm getting an honest-to-goodness, brick-and-mortar bon-neur.

So what if Liz is bright and mean ? Alla basters (esp. the Soreboners such as myself) will gladly hone her, erm ... intellect. Yes, that's right, her intellect.

JustRalph
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Headed to Fox!

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/maria-bartiromo-leaving-cnbc-for-fbn_b204113

badcompany
11-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Headed to Fox!

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/maria-bartiromo-leaving-cnbc-for-fbn_b204113

FBN is the Monticello Raceway of Business Channels, where washed up horses go to die.

JustRalph
11-18-2013, 11:47 PM
I never watch the business channels unless it's Imus in the a.m.

RaceBookJoe
11-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Maria is a CNBC Institution, was surprised to hear her leaving. I don't get FBN on my basic cable, oh well. Not an overall fan of Fox, but I do like the stock market shows they have on between 7-9am pdt on Saturdays.

badcompany
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Maria is a CNBC Institution, was surprised to hear her leaving. I don't get FBN on my basic cable, oh well. Not an overall fan of Fox, but I do like the stock market shows they have on between 7-9am pdt on Saturdays.

Maria's ratings have been in the toilet for years. She's the equivalent of an over-the-hill star athlete who found a desperate team to sign her to a big contract.

Of course, CNBC will probably give her spot to Cramer as they did with Erin Burnett's. Apparently CNBC viewers can't get enough of Cramer's bloviating. For me, Cramer is either a "mute" or a channel change

whodoyoulike
11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
FBN is the Monticello Raceway of Business Channels, where washed up horses go to die.

Didn't you previously post about a month ago, she was going to Fox? How did you know?

DJofSD
11-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Watched Fox BN a couple of times, did not like it.

Re JC taking Maria's job, I doubt it.

Perhaps this is a chance for Kala or Sema to get a promotion. Or, they could rehire Dylan. I'd watch more of CNBC if they did that.

lamboguy
11-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Sara Eisen just left Bloomberg for CNBC. i wish we were back in the Dan Dorfman day's. that was the only time i ever made money watching those shows. all you had to do was wait 20 minutes after he pumped the stock and short it the rest of the day everyday was christmas with him on the air.

JustRalph
11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Maria's ratings have been in the toilet for years. She's the equivalent of an over-the-hill star athlete who found a desperate team to sign her to a big contract.e

The entire network has tanked. She's jumping off a ship on fire

Rumors the network is going to change formats

BlueShoe
11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Amusing, CNBC losing most of their eye candy over the years. :) Liz Claman, Erin Burnett, Melisa Francis, and now Maria are a few of the cuties that have left. Is Becky Quick still there, always thought that she was very attractive.

classhandicapper
11-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Sara Eisen just left Bloomberg for CNBC. i wish we were back in the Dan Dorfman day's. that was the only time i ever made money watching those shows. all you had to do was wait 20 minutes after he pumped the stock and short it the rest of the day everyday was christmas with him on the air.

I miss Lou Rukeyser interviewing John Templeton, Marty Zweig etc...

Wall St Week was my favorite financial show ever.

I'll never forget the show right after the 1987 crash. The discussion was about the impact the crash would have on the economy and whether it would lead to a recession or depression. John Templeton was interviewed via phone because he was in the Bahamas. He was totally composed, thinking long term, and looking for bargains. Some of the other panelists were clearly close to panic.

Lou asked Marty Zweig if we were going to have another depression.

Marty was so upset he said, "Only if we are lucky". :lol:

I was hysterical because Marty was generally thoughtful and in fact had even called the crash. Now he looked close to jumping because he thought the world was about to melt down.

DJofSD
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, if CNBC were to change some how, I just hope it is not being handled by the same people that have created their sports network -- that sucks.

I'll sacrifice CNBC as long as they leave the Golf Channel alone.

DJofSD
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
classhandicapper, I'm with you 100% when it comes to W$W, Louis and all of the elves. 30 minutes every Friday taught me more than a whole week's worth of programming on CNBC.

JustRalph
11-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, if CNBC were to change some how, I just hope it is not being handled by the same people that have created their sports network -- that sucks.

I'll sacrifice CNBC as long as they leave the Golf Channel alone.

You'll love it. Rumors it's going to become NbcSports3 :lol:

classhandicapper
11-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Wall St Week the Friday night before the crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MyToTwag34

By the way, I did some buying on that Friday. Not very good timing, but it all worked out well.

classhandicapper
11-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Wall St Week After the 87 Crash

My memory was a little off. I remember the Zweig interview about a possible "depression" and an interview with Templeton from the Bahamas, but that must have come at later date. Here's an interview with Templeton in the studio that week. Fabulous stuff from Templeton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFn1G2goDQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_4j-_Dnwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_fxEoF8Vl8

DJofSD
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
And, a week later, after the crash, part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFn1G2goDQw

P.S. I think my link is a dup -- Sir John is listed as a panelist.

Ocala Mike
11-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Lou Rukeyser was that show. He was quite a gambler, too, and I believe a Saratoga regular.

RaceBookJoe
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Amusing, CNBC losing most of their eye candy over the years. :) Liz Claman, Erin Burnett, Melisa Francis, and now Maria are a few of the cuties that have left. Is Becky Quick still there, always thought that she was very attractive.

Yes Becky Quick is still there. They have a couple eye-candies...Kayla, Kelly,Jackie,Mandy all not bad to look at. I usually have the channel on during trading hours but volume kept low enough to not drive me crazy :)

badcompany
11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Didn't you previously post about a month ago, she was going to Fox? How did you know?

I don't recall posting that, but I did hear a rumor, a while ago, that she was leaving from a well-placed person at a big money management firm.

badcompany
11-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes Becky Quick is still there. They have a couple eye-candies...Kayla, Kelly,Jackie,Mandy all not bad to look at. I usually have the channel on during trading hours but volume kept low enough to not drive me crazy :)

From a trading/investing standpoint, have you ever gotten anything of value from any of the business networks?

I haven't.

badcompany
11-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Lou Rukeyser was that show. He was quite a gambler, too, and I believe a Saratoga regular.

Way back when, it was common for a lot of Wall St. guys to head up to Yonkers Raceway at the end of the day.

RaceBookJoe
11-19-2013, 07:51 PM
From a trading/investing standpoint, have you ever gotten anything of value from any of the business networks?

I haven't.

Quite often actually, all depends on the situation/rumor/news and sometimes its the reversal/contrarian play I will look for. Many times by the time cnbc gets to something, one of my scanners had already picked up the action. Cramer is usually good for a quick scalp or 2 during the early session also.

whodoyoulike
11-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't recall posting that, but I did hear a rumor, a while ago, that she was leaving from a well-placed person at a big money management firm.

Sorry, my mistake. It was JustRalph who made the post (#3). It was your thread. Now, let's see if JustRalph can post who will win race 3 at Aqu tomorrow.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106045

DJofSD
11-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I believe she signed off on Friday.

Since I only watch CNBC a limited amount, any news about a replacement?

badcompany
11-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I believe she signed off on Friday.

Since I only watch CNBC a limited amount, any news about a replacement?

:(

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/thinlizzy21/99ac739a4485c93a43f190dd8c6c3487_zpsfb7a2193.jpg

lamboguy
11-23-2013, 10:37 AM
it might be Sara Eisen from Bloomberg. she left there to work for CNBC. my preference has been Bloomberg

badcompany
11-23-2013, 11:05 AM
it might be Sara Eisen from Bloomberg. she left there to work for CNBC. my preference has been Bloomberg

Bloomberg's App is by far the best, as is their podcasting.

JustRalph
11-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Sorry, my mistake. It was JustRalph who made the post (#3). It was your thread. Now, let's see if JustRalph can post who will win race 3 at Aqu tomorrow.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106045

Just saw this........on hiatus from picking races....... Taking a post breeders cup break

reckless
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM

hi lamboguy:

Do you know if Sara Eisen is the daughter of Harvey Eisen?

Harvey Eisen was a frequent panelist on Wall Street Week With Louis Rukeyser.

I always liked Harvey Eisen, especially because of his often subtle cynicism aimed at the very brokerage industry that he was a member.

badcompany
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
They're really getting desperate at CNBC. It's 20 degrees out, and they have Kelly Evans wearing a sleeveless top, on the obsolete floor of the exchange.

The poor girl is freezing!

lamboguy
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
hi lamboguy:

Do you know if Sara Eisen is the daughter of Harvey Eisen?

Harvey Eisen was a frequent panelist on Wall Street Week With Louis Rukeyser.

I always liked Harvey Eisen, especially because of his often subtle cynicism aimed at the very brokerage industry that he was a member.i know she was from Cincinnati.

i got sick of watching CNBC for years and switched to Bloomberg. one of the other hosts on the morning show, Tom Keane, i knew from a long time ago. he has been one of my main reasons for being a long time Yankee fan. i love everything about New York though, like the water, race tracks and all the action there, but i like living in Boston better.

Tape Reader
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Bloomberg's App is by far the best, as is their podcasting.

Please, what is a Bloomberg "App"?

badcompany
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Please, what is a Bloomberg "App"?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/thinlizzy21/cff60924e8718bfaff2f3bc2bb97b9e6_zpsdcabe09c.jpg

Tape Reader
12-11-2013, 06:38 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/thinlizzy21/cff60924e8718bfaff2f3bc2bb97b9e6_zpsdcabe09c.jpg

Thank you badcompany.

DJofSD
03-28-2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/28/maria-bartiromo-what-went-wrong-at-cnbc-and-why-the-money-honey-moved-to-fox.html

Stillriledup
07-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Had a long interview with Matt and Paul on TVG this afternoon talking about the horse named Bartiromo.