PDA

View Full Version : DRF - Formulator 4.1.4 Problem

Milleruszk
09-22-2007, 12:47 PM
:mad: :bang: I just downloaded the updated version of the software that is now required to download DRF race cards. I opened my downloaded racecard files that contain my downloaded cards for the past 4 years and guess what?
Gone! Everything has been erased. I called DRF and talked to their CS rep who did not have clue. He told me "Well if the files are gone they are gone."
I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me basically the same thing and asked me what I expected him to do if the files had been erased. I replied that I hoped he would have some solution to my problem. He said that he did not. I promptly cancelled my subscription with DRF. OK now that I have gotten this out of my system....Have any of you had problems with the Formulator 4.1.4 upgrade? Any one know how I can check my machine to see if my saved files are somewhere else on my drive? :mad:

cj
09-22-2007, 12:54 PM
What directory (folder) did you use to previously store your files?

Milleruszk
09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
What directory (folder) did you use to previously store your files?

C:\ProgramFiles\drf\form41\download

Thanks.

cj
09-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I would recommend formulatorhelp@drf.com .

Specifically, ask to speak with Lonnie. You won't get very far with the "regular" customer service when it comes to Formulator.

Milleruszk
09-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I would recommend formulatorhelp@drf.com .

Specifically, ask to speak with Lonnie. You won't get very far with the "regular" customer service when it comes to Formulator.

Thanks, I am waiting for their reply.

mrharness
09-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Milleruszk

It is possible that you might be able to recover some or all of your files. The more your computer has been used since they got deleted, the less the chance that you can recover them. Assuming it is a Windows OS. This won't work on Mac or Linux.

Here is a freeware program that is small and easy to use (there are others, if you google hard enough). Download and save to a folder. Doesn't install, you just have to run it. Click the Search Deleted Files button. Once it finishes finding the deleted files, you can click to highlight and then click the Restore By Copying button. It is advised that you copy the recovered files to some other drive (since they were on your C:\ drive, copy the recovered files to the D:\ drive, for example).

Right click and choose Save Target As...
ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/utildisk/rest2514.exe