PDA

View Full Version : Do you bet online or off?

hckrus01
09-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Apologies for re- and cross-posting -- please ignore this if you've already participated in my survey, which is still underway (and will be underway for
a little over month longer):

My name is Holly Kruse, and I am a lifelong horse racing fan. I'm also a member of the Faculty of Communication at the University of Tulsa: I have a doctorate in communication/media studies from the University of Illinois and a post-graduate certificate in equine business from the Equine Industry Program in the College of Business and Public Administration at the University of Louisville.

I've published academic journal articles on new media and horse racing, and an article in an industry magazine, and I've presented my research at academic conferences and to those preparing to enter the thoroughbred industry (follow link in my sig for more information.) Currently, I'm writing a book on interactive media and horse racing, especially horse race wagering. I am now collecting online survey data on media use and legal parimutuel wagering -- what media people use, what they like and dislike about the various modes of wagering -- and I would love to have horse racing fans from this forum participate. The survey is at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4hvRfxac4nysaLPYd_2bzIlg_3d_3d

Those who participate in the survey will remain completely anonymous: at the beginning of the survey is the informed consent form that explains all of the privacy provisions and other safeguards regarding the survey. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete. I plan to make the results of the survey available to interested parties in the industry in addition to an academic audience studying interactive media... and of course in the forums in which I post this request for participating.

Thanks so much for reading this, and for participating in the survey if you choose (and you haven't already filled out the questionnaire :-) Please feel free to email me with any questions. Also feel free to point any horse racing fan or participant friends to the survey if they might be interested in taking it.

--
Holly Kruse, Ph.D.
Faculty of Communication
The University of Tulsa
600 S. College Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
holly-kruse@utulsa.edu or holly.kruse@gmail.com
http://personal.utulsa.edu/~holly-kruse/cv.html