PDA

View Full Version : Double-digits only - Friday 9/21

nobeyerspls
09-21-2007, 07:50 AM
I stunk the place up the last time I did this - three longshots with none of them hitting the board. Not happy with the ride on the last one - took the lead with fractions of 22 to the 1/4 and 46 to the half in a maiden two turn race. I did get some redemption when I called the Green Monkey race wide open.
Anyway, here's two for today:

Laurel (a track I seldom play)
How often to you bet a horse moving from a $4k claiming win to a $10k claimer? If the answer is never, skip to the next pick. The answer for me is seldom so I'll continue.
Race 4 lists #2 Me Darlin Duke at 20-1. He's coming off a cheap win where he was headed and then came on again. As a 6yo with only 18 lifetime starts, you know there are problems. Then too he won six of those starts and ran second five times. He did acquit himself well against much better in the past so I'll hope that the last race didn't pull the wheels off the wagon.

Woodbine
Race 7 - #10 Alesbury (20-1) comes off a freshening with some decent foundation works. She didn't run to a solid turf work before so there is some concern that she's a morning glory. Her broodmare sire, Bold Ruckus, trumps that for me so I'll give her another chance. Let's hope that she remembers her Grandpa.

Couldn't find anything long at Belmont today. There was a nice 11-1 filly yesterday but time constraints forced me to handicap the card at my simulcast facility.

duckhunter3
09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I think Me Darlin Duke has got a shot and so does the trainer, unless this is manipulation for a big price next time out. His last race wasn't his best so no worr about a bounce here. An okay shot at 10-1 or more. Just my opinion.