PDA

View Full Version : breeze through the NYRA CARD for JAN 01

Suff
12-31-2002, 11:47 PM
Race 1

#2 Lil attractive on the drop.. but 0 for 8 at the distance... seemed to have some upside when he was multiple 2nd's to cliff glider in the spring. He's got two decent works on display and with the lil layoff.. may fire fresh and make the ticket

#3,, If one or more of the speeds scratch out, I give this guy a real shot... 3 lifetime wins,, all on the inner. ...Valid Card dealer gonna cost him any shot if he gets out.

#4. Blinks come off,, Gryder up. he actually runs style that may benefit from the excpected pace... never really spots the field too much. If the whole thing breaks down, he could hang and steal it. Likes the surface and Imperio runners have been running well. the best of 45 in OCt... never turned up in the afternoon.

#5 12 for 29 in the exacta... lil overmatched in last.. might improve.. but not gonna get 10-1 this time and I'd need at least that to take a shot on him. 6 wins...all for much less and 3 of them over two years ago... Not here, not today.

#6 54-1 last out... Probably around that here. and in a race that could go sideways... he has run, when he feels like it. But lost his last 4 by a combined 40 lengths. won this year.. at this level in NJ.. and will run better than they bet him.. but he won't win.

#7... couple of angles to hunch with... 3rd off layoff and suprising 22% jock. Pattern suggest he's gonna FIRE today. But 1-16 and a bucket of 2nds and 3rd's.... hard to digest on top... Probably heading back to 20ish to 1 today as well.... I Could and may Close my eyes and bet him in some doubles. The Dec 7 race was a smidge to fast and the DEC 19 race was a smidge to slow.. If he can get the fractions he needs ,,,he can be involved in the stretch

#8..... You have to go back TWO YEARS to find a race where passed anyone after the 3 furlong marker. In a race with speed, some raters and a couple closers.. he may need to many things to go his way to win. when he falls apart he REALLY falls apart... he's either in it... or he's nowhere near it. If he's not on the lead at the turn for home.. you can get up and go the bathroom.. cuz he's done.

#9 I really liked this horse last year at Belmont... was running well against some tough horses. Runs two good one's then throws up two stinkers,,, Gut says he runs a BIG one Today. 4 works sandwiched around his last two starts. Claimed,,, moved up.. steps back... He can and will run something under 110.4 .. and thats probably good enough here. when he's on... he can motor in the stretch.
Needs a lil more hustle early on in this one... can't spot these 8-12 lengths... but 5-7 and he's gonna pick um up.

10. Stone cold closer,, ran a odd race last out when he either was given or took the front...Lifetime PP's show he has been 2nd at the 1/4 pole... 3 times in 83 races,,, gets in lite with Mckee,, But i'm gonna have a problem betting a 10 year old horse at 9/5 in this field. Has beat a few of these the last two months.. Deserving Favorite... But i'm going to bet against him... 16 of his lifetime 18 wins have been at this distance... Hard to like the 9 and not like this guy.. But, no value here.. so I'm gonna go off him

#11... Not one penny will I bet on this MONEY burner.. 0 for 9 this year,, 0 for 7 in 2001,, and they bet him to 6/5 last out! are these people insane? last win was JUNE of 2000,, and they were maidens. Has a 5-2 morning line too.... boy o boy.

1-1A..... 1A isn't a remote contender.. the 1 has a couple of angles to work with, but more than likely he'll just be in the way of the closers as they round the far turn

selections 9--7-4

Suff
01-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Hae'nt seen the scratches yet... or trcak condition... But on a wet track... I like the 9 stronger,, and I'll move the 4 up past the 7. 9-4-7