PDA

View Full Version : How libs seek to undermine democracy

o0xst!
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
hahah! I think that would be a good title for a book by any of the individuals who have greatly benefited from the cottage industry of "libs are destroy.." books/talk radio/tv/etc...

when I got to debate Sean Hannity in Dallas, beforehand he told the audience "Arent you all just so thankful that we have liberals!" (implying that its all about fun 'n games and that they really aren't deStroyE AmeRicA so much or whatever) anyway after I was done with it all they stood up and cheered for me as I went off on Clinton by giving non monica facts and history rather than silly fables and whatnot...

JustRalph
09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
hahah! I think that would be a good title for a book by any of the individuals who have greatly benefited from the cottage industry of "libs are destroy.." books/talk radio/tv/etc...

when I got to debate Sean Hannity in Dallas, beforehand he told the audience "Arent you all just so thankful that we have liberals!" (implying that its all about fun 'n games and that they really aren't deStroyE AmeRicA so much or whatever) anyway after I was done with it all they stood up and cheered for me as I went off on Clinton by giving non monica facts and history rather than silly fables and whatnot...

Oh, you are my Hero! Swoon!

Gibbon
09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
...I went off on Clinton by giving non monica facts and history... Did you recall to mention Clinton's pardon of 16 members from FALN terrorist group?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy#FALN_Pardons_of_1 999

46zilzal
09-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Did you recall to mention Clinton's pardon of 16 members from FALN terrorist group?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy#FALN_Pardons_of_1 999

All of the 16 had served 19 years or longer in prison, which was a longer sentence than such crimes typically received,

Gibbon
09-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Curiously you failed to specify:

“Congress condemned the action, with a vote of 95-2 in the Senate and 311-41 in the House.” and “President Clinton cited executive privilege for his refusal to turn over some documents to Congress related to his decision to offer clemency to members of the FALN terrorist group.”

Billy boy enacting the will of the people.

Tom
09-20-2007, 11:19 PM
And he fiured ALL 93 of the federal prosecutors.

ddog
09-21-2007, 12:16 AM
And he fiured ALL 93 of the federal prosecutors.

that was/is fine.
I don't recall that they were let go for anything other than the normal political reasons like others in the past.
They didn't try to drum up some b.s. about poor performance.

Prez has the right to fire them but he shouldn't accept them being
made into bums as the reason.

If that was the case - half the Bush admin would be out of work.

JPinMaryland
09-21-2007, 02:19 AM
is the reason given really the pt? Those senators bitched and moaned when Bush fired those guys and then everyone forgets that mos presidents fire/get rid of quite a few and in fact Clinton fired every single one. No one cared when he did that because that's part of the spoils system. It's when they fired prosecutors that were pet projects of certain Senators then they got all upset. For example: Feinstein was one who complained, but I dont know if they were all of one political side or not

Tom
09-21-2007, 07:35 AM
that was/is fine.
I don't recall that they were let go for anything other than the normal political reasons like others in the past.
They didn't try to drum up some b.s. about poor performance.

Prez has the right to fire them but he shouldn't accept them being
made into bums as the reason.

If that was the case - half the Bush admin would be out of work.

That is my point - they CAN be fired for ANY reason. But the do-nothing congress thinks that only applies sometimes. So what ifBush made up excuses? The bottom line, it was his call - for any reason. But Leaky Lahey is still talking about obstructing appointments until he gets anwers! Little children fighting in the sandbox.

o0xst!
09-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Just the Mark Rich one....his "..I will discuss Rich when Bush I discusses Orlando Bosch" reminds me a lot of this message board. A total embarrassment.

Did you recall to mention Clinton's pardon of 16 members from FALN terrorist group?

Bill Olmsted
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM

I rest my case.