PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Malkin writes a barn burner. Response to Sally Field

JustRalph
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Michelle Malkin has responded to Sally Fields comments at the Emmy's.

I think this one hell of an article.................

Web version:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTQzNWEwNzE1ODc4MmE4ZWYxMzNiNzE5Yjc5NGViMTg

Printable version here:
http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=OTQzNWEwNzE1ODc4MmE4ZWYxMzNiNzE5Yjc5NGViMTg=

Sally Field Does Not Speak for Me
Motherhood requires ferocity.

By Michelle Malkin

Like actress Sally Field, I am a mom. Unlike Sally Field, I do not live in La-La Land. We breathe a different brand of oxygen. We hold diametrically opposed worldviews. We have nothing in common but stretch marks.

Contrary to tongue-tied Sally’s incoherent Primetime Emmy Awards diatribe, childbearing, and childrearing experiences do not bond all women in a universal sorority of non-confrontation. There are sheep moms. There are lion moms. We know which kind Sally Field is.

“If mothers ruled the, ruled the world, there would be no god-damned wars in the first place,” Field bleated. In the Gidget Guide to Parenting, mothers are appeasers and hand-holders. Our maternal instincts supposedly lead us to shun fights and coddle bullies instead of disciplining them.

There would be “no god-damned wars,” Silly Sally, because we’d all be conquered chattel if field diplomacy “ruled the world.”

Motherhood and peacemaking are not synonymous. Motherhood requires ferocity, the will and resolve to protect one’s own children at all costs, and a lifelong commitment to sacrifice for a family’s betterment and survival. Conflict avoidance is incompatible with good mothering."

Skip to last Paragraph:
"In the real world, not all women think with their wombs instead of their brains. In the real world, you can’t just give evil a “time-out.” Sally Field fancies herself the mother of all spokesmothers. To which I say, in my most maternally combative tone: Speak for your own bleepin’ self, sister."

~read the rest of the article at the links above~

I don't care what you think of Malkin.........
Read this one...........it is great..........

kenwoodallpromos
09-20-2007, 12:11 AM
OK

o0xst!
09-20-2007, 12:25 AM
A. Malkin is just another celebrity elitist, shes no different from this ol gal that use to be in all in the family or whatever.

B. This recent email correspondance between myself and Noam Chomsky is 1000x more interesting so read it instead....

From: Steve Hunt (http://us.f308.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=steveunderscorehunt@yahoo.com)
To: *******@mit.edu (http://us.f308.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=chomsky@mit.edu)
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:58 AM
Subject: Samantha Power and Finkelstein

Being the delusional optimist that I am, I spoke with Samantha Power at length regarding Finkelstein recently at The University of Oklahoma. I tried to explain to her that her love of Raphael Lemkin was good, but to ignore Finkelstein was silly in that I truly believe a lot about the two are quite similar. Obviously, I was doing this just to try and help out with his whole sad mess he is being put through, it would mean so much for me to be able to do anything to help this great guy out.

Of course I knew her non-sensical criticisms of you, as Professor Finkelstein said "... It was strange hearing her lecture Chomsky on East Timor. Chomsky was the first Western intellectual to write about East Timor, perhaps before Powers had entered grade school"

Basically she listened, asked a few questions and then of course went on to quote the stupid Times article on the "spat between Dershowitz and..." (Which Finkelstein predicted would happen on McChesney's show a couple years back, the nature of the article they would write that is...) Then she said she'd look into the matter and stupid me I emailed her a few times and have never heard back. So no delusions of Power coming to his defense, all she will do is say that "Dershowitz is very sloppy".

So basically I just wanted to relay this, its kind of interesting and also wonder if there is anything less delusional than trying to get her to come to bat for him to sort out the grade school insanity that is being propegated....

Thanks for everything,
Steve H

From:"Noam Chomsky" <*******@MIT.EDU> http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/pim/el/abook_add_1.gifAdd to Address Book (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:document.frmAddAddrs.submit%28%29) http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/txtmess12_1.gifAdd Mobile Alert (http://us.f308.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=4533_0_22_2015_3316_454690_13218_ 9118_1478920118_oSObkYn4Ur5HQV3xmWzmsbhCeh9E0VpwQL m6j31tPqqB9vROJcWgOSWFMdOVN0Rg.x2ppM0L6DDn3BRThQR7 FKD4sQ.x3u5fGnMvDCzpl0lI3jwuTNbufMYzl4tjDniQsBPYFk r7OjZsIObX5pQbx1EWQcNdRzIgaA--&sbox=&Idx=0&pos=0&Search=1&box=@S@Search&&#) To:"Steve Hunt" <steveunderscorehunt@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Samantha Power and Finkelstein Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 16:40:47 -0400

I scarcely know Power personally, but had the impression that she is a nice person, who is terribly naive, and probably doesn't know a lot beyond what one can find out in places like the Kennedy School.

Her book does mention East Timor. It says that the US looked away. That's a bit like saying that the Nazis looked away from the Holocaust. The US looked right there, and instantly made the decision to escalate the atrocities, as it continued to do for 25 years, until Clinton finally came under such intense international and domestic pressure (not from the Kennedy school, but from the Church and influential right-wing Catholics) that he told the Indonesian generals that the game was over, and they instantly withdrew -- demonstrating, to anyone with a functioning brain, that the US could have ended the near-genocidal massacre with a word at any point, but very consciously chose not to, just as Power's friends and associates chose to pretend they knew nothing about it so that the slaughter could continue, and still lie about it. I doubt, however, that she knows any of this.

I doubt very much that she'd be willing to be involved in Dershowitz's disgusting antics. Or anyone else connected with Harvard, or American liberalism generally. It would be unpleasant. You might not get invited to the right elegant dinner parties. You would be subject to criticism rather than awe for having the courage to condemn someone else's crimes. I think speaking to her is a waste of time, from what I know.

But I still think she is probably quite a decent person. It's just hard to break out of that comfortable liberal intellectual cocoon.

Noam

NoDayJob
09-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Sally needs to smoke a couple of Primo Cuban cigars and inhale. Preferably in Havana. :)

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2007, 02:51 AM
B. This recent email correspondance between myself and Noam Chomsky is 1000x more interesting so read it instead.... The beautiful concept of thread continuity is lost on you. Instead of o0xst!, perhaps you should have named yourself "non sequitur."

Oh, and by the way, despite your best efforts, everyone who wants it now has Noam's email address. That should be fun....

JustRalph
09-20-2007, 03:41 AM
wqvLKdiVjqc

She hasn't made a decent film since this one

ArlJim78
09-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Malkin is wonderful, Sally should have stuck with "you love me, you really love me".

Bubba X
09-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I think they should both be tasered.

betchatoo
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Personally, I think they're both way off base. Malkin is correct in saying that there are different kinds of mothers. Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meier were mothers and as warlike as any male counterpart when it was necessary. It certainly proves that Field's statement was unfounded and ridiculous.

On the other hand, Malkin has no knowledge that Fields would allow her child to be pusher around on the playground (I doubt it. My feelings are she would be over protective) or give her daughter condoms, drugs or alcohol. This was a stupid thing to say without any sort of evidence to back it up.

So I score it 0-0

Tom
09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Right or wrong, her sin was the venue - it was NOT her personal stage to spout off, or in her case, TRY to spout off her opinions. This hollywierd crowd is pretty immature and childish. I lost all repsect for this ditzy broad - dumber than dirt it appears.

JPinMaryland
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
It's good that Michelle Malkin spends her precious time on such great matters as Lion moms vs Sheep moms and what Sally Field blathered at an awards show. Is it really worthy of comment? No. THus, its just another example of grandstanding by this bitch Malkin who has an extreme rightwing view to everything she has ever seen, ever, really everything.

Okay, we get it, you're not a liberal. I think I got that the first 500 times you opined.

JPinMaryland
09-21-2007, 11:41 AM
actually I have a follow up question to that:

“If mothers ruled the, ruled the world, there would be no god-damned wars in the first place...."

Do you agree or disagree with the above quote? :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown:

Bill Olmsted
09-21-2007, 11:42 AM
It's good that Michelle Malkin spends her precious time on such great matters as Lion moms vs Sheep moms and what Sally Field blathered at an awards show. Is it really worthy of comment? No. THus, its just another example of grandstanding by this bitch Malkin who has an extreme rightwing view to everything she has ever seen, ever, really everything.

Okay, we get it, you're not a liberal. I think I got that the first 500 times you opined.

:lol:

ArlJim78
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
actually I have a follow up question to that:

Do you agree or disagree with the above quote? :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown:
you've now weighed in with your own comment and then followed up with a question. however your comment was that this is is not such an important matter and not even worthy of a comment. if you feel compelled to spend your precious time on this, why shouldn't Malkin?

Light
09-21-2007, 01:05 PM
I dont agree that if mothers ruled the world there would be no wars.You just need to look at Hillary. A potential "light" version of Bush.

But Malkin is twisting Sally's message on motherhood. Malkin thinks a "liberal" mother is basically a wimp and a conservative mother will kick ass.

It takes guts to go on stage and call out for an end to a deranged policy of sending sons to die in a war for reasons that keep changing to suit support. This is the same old conservative condemnation for a percieved cut and run. Conservatives confuse truth with cowardice.

Tom
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
It also takes chutzpuh to go out on a stage and impose your own beliefs in the wrong forum. I don't care what Sally believes, she was out of line for hijacking the event. And then turned out to be a complete ditz in doing so!:lol:

o0xst!
09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Malkin is doing it to loot the ignorant masses and rile up support for radical nationalist imprealist movements. Big difference.

you've now weighed in with your own comment and then followed up with a question. however your comment was that this is is not such an important matter and not even worthy of a comment. if you feel compelled to spend your precious time on this, why shouldn't Malkin?

ArlJim78
09-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Malkin is doing it to loot the ignorant masses and rile up support for radical nationalist imprealist movements. Big difference.
thanks for trying clear that up for me. i'll bet you can't type sentences like that while keeping a straight face.

o0xst!
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
yah you "bolde freedome usa we R help give freeDome" types crack me the hell up...

in fact, here is a short video I made about you fine patriuts

uy8ofoF73As

thanks for trying clear that up for me. i'll bet you can't type sentences like that while keeping a straight face.

TurfRuler
09-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Malkin is wonderful, Sally should have stuck with "you love me, you really love me".

Michelle Malkin's mantra is "kill, kill, kill....while you are breastfeeding."

delayjf
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
It takes guts to go on stage and call out for an end to a deranged policy of sending sons to die in a war for reasons that keep changing to suit support.

Hardly, she was playing to a supportive audience who share her beliefs.

Light
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Um, this was nationaly televised. Are you saying the majority of the USA share her belief?

ArlJim78
09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
yah you "bolde freedome usa we R help give freeDome" types crack me the hell up...

in fact, here is a short video I made about you fine patriuts

uy8ofoF73As
i'd say you're pretty bold for admitting that you made that video.

delayjf
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
The live audience certainly was - I would venture to guess that most of the audience watching are those that are enamored with Hollyweird i.e. liberals who support her as well. The conservative were watching football. :)

rastajenk
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Where do Palestinian mothers fit on this "liberal mothers"/"conservative mothers" spectrum? Maybe there could be no wars if there were no mothers of terrorists.

Tom
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Where do Palestinian mothers fit on this "liberal mothers"/"conservative mothers" spectrum? Maybe there could be no wars if there were no mothers of terrorists.

Very well put!:ThmbUp:

Overlay
09-22-2007, 01:11 AM
“If mothers ruled the, ruled the world, there would be no god-damned wars in the first place,” Field bleated.

I think history shows that governments led by women (Thatcher, Meir, Gandhi, and Bhutto, to name a few) can place just as much emphasis on the use of military force as those led by men. (Whether they all had children, I don't know.)

o0xst!
09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
I like women.

I think history shows that governments led by women (Thatcher, Meir, Gandhi, and Bhutto, to name a few) can place just as much emphasis on the use of military force as those led by men. (Whether they all had children, I don't know.)

JPinMaryland
09-22-2007, 03:10 AM
Michelle Malkin's mantra is "kill, kill, kill....while you are breastfeeding."

Stop now, please. I am getting an erection.

wonatthewire1
09-22-2007, 09:43 AM
somebody was actually watching & paying attention to the "Emmy" awards show????

LOL - I didn't even realize that Sally Field was still alive, no less thinking about anything; therefore, even garnering a response from any other human being is also a LOL...

'merkins gotta get a grip

:lol:

Tom
09-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Many learned not to mess with Golda!

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Okay, we get it, you're not a liberal. I think I got that the first 500 times you opined.Now you know what it's like to read a lot of the stuff posted here in OT by the likes of 46, Sec, Hcap, LJB. Just change liberal to conservative in your sentence above.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2007, 05:46 PM
It takes guts to go on stage and call out for an end to a deranged policy of sending sons to die in a war for reasons that keep changing to suit support.Bullshit. Guts? On that stage, in that environment? She was speaking to the choir. How does that take guts?

And I thought you said 70% of America basically agrees with Field. How is that guts? It's more like climbing on the bandwagon.

Tom
09-22-2007, 06:10 PM
She couldn't even remember the message! :lol:
Right from the heart and you forget it?

moveon.now, Sally

Ditz!

JustRalph
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
"cowboys like fat calves"

JPinMaryland
09-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Given Malkin's comments she must be a huge Hillary Clinton supporter.