PDA

View Full Version : Major Website Update

Premier Turf Club
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Took a little longer than we hoped (issues with our setting up our new test server) but this morning we released a major software update.

The publication included:

1. The release of file upload directly into the queues. Should be a major time saver for those with handicapping programs that can output a file.

2. A beta version of real-time dutching. It's on a private url (until we add one last feature next week) so customers can contact me to get the link to use it. Simply check off the win or exacta, double, quinella combos you want, set your minimum R.O.I. (e.g. 1.2 = 120%) and your bankroll for that wager, and let 'er rip. It will merge based upon your track settings allowing for full unattended dutching. I've attached a screen shot.

3. Speed / sensitivity improvements for the keypad and mouse.

Next week's update includes a single page showing all track changes, an indicator letting you keep track of total queued wagers, and the finishing touches to dutching. We've got more behind this as well, and are always interested in suggestions on ways to improve the wagering experience.

Ian

K9Pup
09-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I've already used the file upload feature. It works GREAT!!!

Simple to use, just create a CSV file in the format specified. Upload that file to PTC using the File Upload function. The system indicates how many records are uploaded and marks records that are rejected due to incorrect format. Once you click the submit button the wagers will show up in your queued bets or conditional bets queues. Be sure to check the track code list from the file upload screen. Your track code may not be what you expect, some don't make sense but work fine.

So far I've only loaded Win and Place bets but I will be working on my code to create exotics today.

Thanks Ian!! This is a great feature!!!

prospector
09-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Ian, i know this is probably a dumb question, but..on the dutch win screen...the $10 is to be split between the 3 horses? or up to $10 on each horse?

what if it can't give you 120% on 3 short priced horses...meaning the 5/2 listed could easily go off at 4/5 on most tracks..bet still go thru? or does one bet kill it all..

either way...i'm gonna love this tool...look forward to the exacta dutch..

Premier Turf Club
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Ian, i know this is probably a dumb question, but..on the dutch win screen...the $10 is to be split between the 3 horses? or up to $10 on each horse?

what if it can't give you 120% on 3 short priced horses...meaning the 5/2 listed could easily go off at 4/5 on most tracks..bet still go thru? or does one bet kill it all..

either way...i'm gonna love this tool...look forward to the exacta dutch..

Yes, in the above example the win bet is split between the 3 based upon merge odds. You set the auto merge times the way you do for other wagers. Alternatively, you can merge manually at any time by hitting send selected.

If you don't hit the 120% minimum, the entire dutch is killed. Next week's version will have a real-time update what your ROI would be on any number of horses you have checked off. That way, if you'r in front of your screen (I typically dutch that way) you can uncheck a horse if the ROI is below what you'd accept.

Since this is a new feature, I'm sure other users will come up with some good ways to employ it.

Premier Turf Club
09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
2. A beta version of real-time dutching. It's on a private url (until we add one last feature next week) so customers can contact me to get the link to use it. Simply check off the win or exacta, double, quinella combos you want, set your minimum R.O.I. (e.g. 1.2 = 120%) and your bankroll for that wager, and let 'er rip. It will merge based upon your track settings allowing for full unattended dutching. I've attached a screen shot. Ian

Typo, you use .20 for 20%, .05 for 5%, 1 for 100%. My bad. It was early when I first posted.

If any customers want to try it I'll send you the url. Will be directly accessible from the website nexy week.

Ian

csmith
09-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Ian

Is it in the future plans to make other bets conditional ?? For example I would like to make a WPS bet when it meets my odds line, but as of now the conditional will only accept win bets.

Thanks

Premier Turf Club
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Ian

Is it in the future plans to make other bets conditional ?? For example I would like to make a WPS bet when it meets my odds line, but as of now the conditional will only accept win bets.

Thanks

I would think that's something we can do if there is enough interest.

melman
09-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Ian are you having some late day system problems today? Worked fine all day then my last few bets listed as "queued" no change in my balance dispite several wagers.

Premier Turf Club
09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Haven't seen anything. My auto bets just went in fine and the balance updated. Call me if your on the board and I'll walk you through it.

melman
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Something odd going on at my end Ian. Tried to call you but keep getting a busy signal. Last few bets I tried manual just before post time with no change in balance. The box listed the bets as quequed.

Rook
09-19-2007, 12:28 AM
We've got more behind this as well, and are always interested in suggestions on ways to improve the wagering experience.

Ian, By far my biggest suggestion on how PTC's interface could be improved is the ability to make tris and supers in the same way that you can at Pinnacle. If you want a 1234-123456-123456-123456 super, it would be a huge time savings and less chance of error if 1234-123456 was all you needed to enter.

In other words, when a bettor hits the "send bet" button and there is nothing in the 3rd or 4th legs, it fills in those legs with the horses in the 2nd leg.

Premier Turf Club
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I will pass this on to our tech guys and see what they can come up with. I once had a Pinnacle account just to play around with, but of course that got closed about a month later whent he feds shut them down.

I wish I would have spent more time looking at the bet construction. I've heard some of the things they did on the interface were pretty good.

betchatoo
09-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Ian:

When is the video going to be up and working?

Premier Turf Club
09-19-2007, 07:57 AM
We're working through those details now. I should know something in about 2 weeks on that.

melman
09-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Ian---Thanks for your phone call to me and the help you gave me yesterday. I knew it had to be something wrong on my end. :jump: I'll be up and betting today. :) Folks this is what REAL customer service is all about and it's nice to know there are still people from a company that work to make it right. TKS again Ian.

BTW Ian you are so right with the statement that if the tracks think that people will be flocking back to on track betting anytime soon they are foolish. ADW IS the future for the horse racing business. Even more so with condintional betting.

K9Pup
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Ian, By far my biggest suggestion on how PTC's interface could be improved is the ability to make tris and supers in the same way that you can at Pinnacle. If you want a 1234-123456-123456-123456 super, it would be a huge time savings and less chance of error if 1234-123456 was all you needed to enter.

In other words, when a bettor hits the "send bet" button and there is nothing in the 3rd or 4th legs, it fills in those legs with the horses in the 2nd leg.

Good idea.

I would also like the option of keying the numbers instead of clicking. For me hitting 1234 is easier than clicking 1, clicking 2, etc.

Premier Turf Club
09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Good idea.

I would also like the option of keying the numbers instead of clicking. For me hitting 1234 is easier than clicking 1, clicking 2, etc.

You can do that now at the top in the Horses box under base creation. The syntax is

() for multiple horses and

- for multiple legs or positions.

In other words a 1/234/234/2345 super is 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5)

Indulto
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
You can do that now at the top in the Horses box under base creation. The syntax is

In other words a 1/234/234/2345 super is 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5)Just an idle observation here, but using the "(" and ")" precludes the exclusive use of the numeric keypad.

Premier Turf Club
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Just an idle observation here, but using the "(" and ")" precludes the exclusive use of the numeric keypad.

Tote syntax. Not our design. We've thought about writing code to translate and add () - later but there are as many reasons not to do it as there are reasons to do it.

We do have a killer wagering interface coming in about 4 weeks.

njcurveball
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
We do have a killer wagering interface coming in about 4 weeks.

OH MY! Is this Ian or Dave Schwartz? :)

Premier Turf Club
09-19-2007, 02:13 PM
OH MY! Is this Ian or Dave Schwartz? :)

I take that as a compliment. Thank you. :)

njcurveball
09-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I take that as a compliment. Thank you. :)

Just you wait and see! :lol:

Indulto
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Tote syntax. Not our design. We've thought about writing code to translate and add () - later but there are as many reasons not to do it as there are reasons to do it.While a mainframe programmer prior to the PC revolution, I socialized with end-users who made me a target for their ease-of-use complaints. It turned out to be a blessing since it converted me into an "objection-oriented" programmer long before "object-oriented" became the rage. :D

I can only guess at the reasons for not doing it besides cost and imminent obsolescence, but if it allows even one person who has lost the use of one hand to easily use the program, it's got to be worth it.

K9Pup
09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
While a mainframe programmer prior to the PC revolution, I socialized with end-users who made me a target for their ease-of-use complaints. It turned out to be a blessing since it converted me into an "objection-oriented" programmer long before "object-oriented" became the rage. :D

I can only guess at the reasons for not doing it besides cost and imminent obsolescence, but if it allows even one person who has lost the use of one hand to easily use the program, it's got to be worth it.

Wow, another mainframe guy??? I thought we were all dead by now!!

I also just think that 1/234/23456 just makes more sense than 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5,6)

Indulto
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow, another mainframe guy??? I thought we were all dead by now!!We are, but that doesn't stop us from posting on horse racing message boards. ;)

Actually there are quite a few of us haunting the halls here. Try searching on a few relevant keywords to find out who. :ThmbUp:

K9Pup
09-19-2007, 04:58 PM

In other words a 1/234/234/2345 super is 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5)

Hmmm. I've been using keypad mode. Looks like I might need to try checkbox.

Indulto
09-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. I've been using keypad mode. Looks like I might need to try checkbox.There used to be an old MS-DOS utility called Pro-Key that would let you substitute one key for another so that you could turn the "*" and "+" on the keypad to "(" and ")", respectively. Is there any similar functionality under/within windows?"

K9Pup
09-20-2007, 10:46 AM
There used to be an old MS-DOS utility called Pro-Key that would let you substitute one key for another so that you could turn the "*" and "+" on the keypad to "(" and ")", respectively. Is there any similar functionality under/within windows?"

Do a search for "remap keyboard in internet explorer". There appears to be a lot of them. That still doesn't help me. I don't want to enter the commas and dashes. I'm a dog player, so I never have to deal with entries over 8. So there is no confusion with 1/1234/12345. The 12 has to be the 1 and the 2.

I like the fact that checkbox mode allows me to enter the wagers with the keyboard. I just don't like the format.