PDA

View Full Version : delaware bigggg pay-off

judd
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
check out what a $2.00 win bet paid at delaware race 4 mon

Pace Cap'n
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
The other payoffs always intrigue me...40-some odd tickets had the 2 on top in the exacta...6 or 7 winning tri tickets--were these sharp cappers or a wagering program? And note race 6 pick-3 payout--one ticket took it down.

And how about that super--paid four times the pool--must have had a carryover. (I know, I know.)

cj
09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Nearly matched in Mnr's race 1.

o0xst!
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Was there ANYTHING that suggested he might have a chance to have finished even fourth in this race? Good grief. FPX had some nice longshots figuring to do but for sure not winning...

formula_2002
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM
The other payoffs always intrigue me...40-some odd tickets had the 2 on top in the exacta...6 or 7 winning tri tickets--were these sharp cappers or a wagering program? And note race 6 pick-3 payout--one ticket took it down.

And how about that super--paid four times the pool--must have had a carryover. (I know, I know.)

IMHO, sharp cappers would have avoided the exacta like the plauge.
The exacta payed about 1/3 of a fair pay-out..

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant_pdf.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=DEL&date=2007-09-17&race=4

cj
09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
IMHO, sharp cappers would have avoided the exacta like the plauge.
The exacta payed about 1/3 of a fair pay-out..

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant_pdf.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=DEL&date=2007-09-17&race=4

You never seem to get this point. The exacta may have paid 1/3 of the "fair" payout based on the tote board odds. That does not mean they weren't "fair" odds based on the individual handicapper's assessment of the race.

formula_2002
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
You never seem to get this point. The exacta may have paid 1/3 of the "fair" payout based on the tote board odds. That does not mean they weren't "fair" odds based on the individual handicapper's assessment of the race.
Ofcourse, you have a point. A guy that has a 55% (profitable) edge on both those beast in the win pool would have not quite broken even in the exacta pool!!.
check me out see if I did that right.

njcurveball
09-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Was there ANYTHING that suggested he might have a chance to have finished even fourth in this race?

In terms of the Master Magician, the horse was a S.N.A.I.L.

That was actually faster than I would think the horse could have run!

However, if you are looking for a winning angle, this was a SIX YEAR OLD in a field of THREE YEAR OLDS.

One more thing was the horse had a work two days ago. Delaware fans make a note of the trainer, A. Reyes and check this out when he has another horse entered.

All the kids got together and decided to give the old man a gift. :jump:

dav4463
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
It kind of makes you want to find races with a vulnerable or false favorite and then play to win on the four longest odds horses in the race in hopes of catching some of these!

jotb
09-18-2007, 11:39 AM
In terms of the Master Magician, the horse was a S.N.A.I.L.

That was actually faster than I would think the horse could have run!

However, if you are looking for a winning angle, this was a SIX YEAR OLD in a field of THREE YEAR OLDS.

One more thing was the horse had a work two days ago. Delaware fans make a note of the trainer, A. Reyes and check this out when he has another horse entered.

All the kids got together and decided to give the old man a gift. :jump:

Absolutely nothing to like about that horse. The trainer and jockey rarely win. The horse hit the board only once in 20 starts. Horse was on the shelf for a long time and last ran coming off a long layoff. One published work since 2004. This horse tried everything in the past from different tracks, race conditions, distances, equipment, medication, jockeys, and turf and never shown any life in his races besides that 3rd place finish where he passed tired horses. If they ran this race over he still be the first one I throw out. Most of the time with longshots like this you usually can make a legit case for why he or she won. This horse showed zippo! As far as, that work 2 days ago, he had to have a published work for the race because of the time off.

Joe