PDA

View Full Version : Horse racing club?

rokitman
09-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I know that here, in New York, playing poker for money, for example, is legal as long as there is no "house" executing a "rake", or take-out. Does anybody know if that is true for horse racing also? The obvious thought here is in the title of the thread-a horse racing "club" that there is pari-mutuel pools with no take-out. I'll make money selling you nincompoops women, instead. From what I understand, that is legal too, as long as they keep one foot on the floor. And ladies, I didn't forget about you- I would have a very personal VIP club, for women only, closely managed by yours truly. :ThmbUp:

I know the above idea seems like it would be illegal but I also know that lotsa people, including me at one time, think playing poker for money with "friends" is illegal, and it's not. So, I thought I'd ask you smarties. I do think this is one of the smartest groups of people on the planet. :liar:

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2007, 01:38 AM
OK, you lost me at nincompoops.

rokitman
09-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Funny you should say that :ThmbUp:

northerndancer
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Private club in NY state would be allowed to accept wagers on horse racing. This would really get the NYS OTB's feathers all riled up.......

The bigger issue is getting the tracks to sign a contract with you for the access to signals.

Tom
09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
The real question is, would your accept a "woman" from somebody who just called you a nincompoop? I'd be afraid of the house "Pick 4."

Ron
09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Will you offer Grand Slams?

JustRalph
09-17-2007, 10:25 PM
is it me.............or has this place turned into the home of "lost assholes" looking for someone to insult?