PDA

View Full Version : Modern Pace Handicapping

JimL
12-31-2002, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know if MPH, is supported by anyone other than Trackmaster?

Lefty
12-31-2002, 12:08 PM
I believe Trackmaster only data provider for MPH, of course, HTR used MPH as its core and has went far beyond the orig. prgm. Ken Massa did the programming for MPH.

JimL
12-31-2002, 12:20 PM
Lefty, thank you for the reply. Hope your test with MM, is going well.

Tom
12-31-2002, 02:44 PM
I have the original version-it uses BRIS files, or TSN if you rename them .drf instead of .eg. I think it also uses the TM files.
It use either your own variants or makes one from the Beyer if you manually input, or BRIS/TSN number if you download.
It is a great program, no matter which files you use.
I also have the module that lets you make Quirin style pace-speed numbers as well.

Zaf
12-31-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I have the original version-it uses BRIS files, or TSN if you rename them .drf instead of .eg. I think it also uses the TM files.
It use either your own variants or makes one from the Beyer if you manually input, or BRIS/TSN number if you download.
It is a great program, no matter which files you use.
I also have the module that lets you make Quirin style pace-speed numbers as well.

It this version still available ??

ZAFONIC

jackad
12-31-2002, 05:18 PM
Anyone want to sell me their MPH program using TSN files?Contact me at jackad@juno.com.
Jack

Dick Schmidt
01-01-2003, 12:56 AM
To All,

I wrote the first crude MPH (Phase III) program for Tom on the PC and will be glad to e-mail it to anyone who wants it without charge.

WARNING!!!! WARNING!!! This program is manual input only and runs under DOS. Does one line per horse (unless you fool it with a different horse name), does not keep a model or any other fancy stuff. It does have the variant program that Tom uses to make his daily variants, will print out a report on each race and allows a few changes in the way the data is sorted. If you like to type, let me know.

Dick

Quinncom
01-01-2003, 06:18 AM
I believe that Trackmaster also sells the program. At least they did at one time.

JimG
01-01-2003, 08:55 AM
It would seem to me that if you are interested in the concepts laid out in MPH in computer form, you would like to take a look at HTR software by Ken Massa. The url is:

www.homebased2.com/km/msiez9987.htm

Jim

Lefty
01-01-2003, 12:20 PM
Trackmaster does sell the MPH prgm and you have to call to get the price. Think it goes for about $200

jackad
01-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Does the MPH sold by Trackmaster require doownloading from Trackmaster only, or can it use the TSN download? Anyone know?
Thanks.
Jack

Quinncom
01-01-2003, 01:07 PM
I was told by trackmaster that you had to use their files. This not true. The program had to be amended to use trackmaster files. So
they don't tell you that other files can be used.

Lefty
01-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Quinncom, but what if they took out the part that lets you dl other files? Then you are stuck with them and it cost $200 or so to find out. Anyway, TM files a buck and while that's not exorbitant .50 is twice as good.