PDA

View Full Version : YouBet Video

Tom
09-15-2007, 11:00 PM
What's up with YB....used to have 1x, 2x and Full screen, now, no more 2x.

1x is way too small, full screen is way to crappy....is it You Bet's mission statement for continuous DEprovement?

I really see horse racing not in my future much longer - I serisouly doubt there is anyone left in the business that knows their ass from their emtpy head.
Most busniess improve by accident...racing is getting patheic.:mad:

NoCal Boy
09-15-2007, 11:23 PM
No problem here. Watching Mohawk

HorseRun
09-16-2007, 12:37 AM
my video for UBET seems to be fine at every track but NYRA, as they always seem to freeze during the NYRA races :mad: :mad:

mhrussell
09-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Tom-

About a year and a half ago I went thru a period of about 2 weeks where I wrote them, download, wrote them some more, talked on the phone and re-installed the entire Youbet software... many times over. Finally, the last re-install 'worked' and I have not had huge problems with them since.. except for their Wager Pad Pro which I have never been able to get to work.. and just don't care at this point because of the potential problems of messing with this. I say this because the Youbet software is a big house of cards and depending on your particular configuration, you could get strange problems.

I finally got to a point of "if it's not broke don't fix it" mentality. I log in at least once a week to check for Youbet updates and also to keep with with Microsofts constant, unending cavalcade of 'updates' that Youbet has to have to run properly. All this is a big pain in the a** and I really miss my Macintosh. But that's another story.

One thing that really upset me was that I needed ALL of the Microsoft Windows XP updates installed in order for YouBet to work. Even the strange stuff that you would think would not matter. But it does! At that time, that process took a huge amount of time.

You may want to try that. Make sure you have ALL of the Windows updates for your system.

Anyway, I feel your pain and hope you can get it fixed before you quit in disgust. And if BONC's efforts go in vain, YouBet may only carry Indiana mule races anyway and we can all go home. :D

best,

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2007, 02:21 AM
my video for UBET seems to be fine at every track but NYRA, as they always seem to freeze during the NYRA races :mad: :mad:Considering that is probably their most popular signal, it should be no surprise....

DanG
09-16-2007, 07:41 AM
my video for UBET seems to be fine at every track but NYRA, as they always seem to freeze during the NYRA races :mad: :mad:
I’m sorry for your issues, but thanks for posting. At least I know I’m not alone. It has been…ONLY NYRA.

Tom
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
The video works fine - just no more option for 2x screens, which was by far the best to look at. 1x is a postage stamp and full screen if a blurr. I have to assume they made a decisiov to remove the 2x option?

Bubba X
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
The video works fine - just no more option for 2x screens, which was by far the best to look at. 1x is a postage stamp and full screen if a blurr. I have to assume they made a decisiov to remove the 2x option?I use YB and still get either 1x or 2x sizing. Sometimes, for some unknown reason, the "2x" icon doesn't show. Sometimes, if you run the cursor over and around the "1x" icon, the 2x icon apears. You could try a couple other things.... 1. Resizing through IE (View-->text size--> ...). 2. On my YB video, at the bottom of the video display, there is a sizing option (150%, 125%, 100%, 75%, ...). You might give that a try. PErsonally, I find the best quality is when I use 2x, reduced to 75%.

BETKING
09-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I am watching BEL on 2x right now. No problems!!

Tom
09-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, it's backl today. Hasn't been there.
What about controls on the bottom of the screen?
I don't see anything but play and pause.....

midnight
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Have you upgraded to Internet Explorer 7?

I have the option of 1x , 2x, and full screen. You might want to send in a support ticket/email.

Tom
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
IE 7 - no way. Too many problems.
I have 2x today...guess it's the tides.

Internet wagering is like a box of chocolates......:rolleyes:

Sailwolf
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Internet wagering is like a box of chocolates......:rolleyes:

using IE 7 no problem

How much video memory do you have? For today's computers you need at least 1G

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Sailwolf,

How much video memory do you have? For today's computers you need at least 1G

1 GB of video RAM?

I have the newest and greatest and have only 512mb! There are 1GB cards out there but they are like $2,500.
http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=6878025&oext=1038A&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6878025

I think you meant to say that you need at least 1GB of RAM (memory) rather than video memory.

This becomes really good advice if your computer shares main memory with the video. I could easily say that you should have 2gb minimum.

My guess is that Tom's problem was some type of system crash that removed the 2x option. A reboot fixed it.

The problem I see occasionally is a green screen, which is (I believe) an access denied issue. I find that a reboot or two fixes it. Also, they have changed their software so that they can tell if you're double-using the account. You can no longer run it on two computers with one account.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Steve 'StatMan'
09-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Tom, is this the 2x size on your screens? This is the size of my 1x screens.
I'm using IE 7.0.

Wish I could remember how to get a screen image like you did in your example.

I have only seen play and stop as options - wish they had the forward/backward search for the replays.

I've had the same hanging up problem, where the screen image freezes and the sound goes for about 1-2 minutes until it slows and starts sounding funny. Mostly happens on NYRA, but has happened on a few occasions on other tracks. Hasn't happened to me very often lately like it did earlier this year, but did happen to me a couple times Saturday.

bigmack
09-17-2007, 01:31 AM
The problematic issues with IE7 have long since passed MrT. Bring it into the fold. All will be OK.

SignUpKing
09-17-2007, 02:05 AM
You Bet's video feed for California tracks is atrocious. Always.