PDA

View Full Version : Eye Catching effort

the_fat_man
09-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice performance today by McLaughlin's Genuine Devotion sprinting on the BEL turf.

Last 1/8th faster than the penultimate 1/8th and last quarter faster than 1st quarter are certainly not typical numbers.

And, she returned 4:1 off a very obviously eventful last race.

Wow.

Book her with English Colony for 2008.

the_fat_man
10-13-2007, 08:00 PM
She's back tomorrow in a non graded event at BEL. Interesting race.

In the meantime, out of this race, Mercy's Delight (also running tomorrow, in a different race) has since come back and run 2nd at 24:1. :bang:

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Interesting.

The ML favorite in the race is a horse that hasn't run since 1/07/2007. Appears to do well off of a layoff.

Hmmmm.

Robert Fischer
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
She looked good. I had to watch it twice to make sure it wasn't fast-forwarding in the stretch. I am as impressed and surprised, that this filly won on the dirt so impressively for her maiden - her pedigree is 100% turf.

Tough race she has a shot. The pace could also be in her favor. This could go to any of the top 5.

DJofSD
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Lizzierna is a scratch.

It should be a parade.

P3: *ALL*/3/2

Robert Fischer
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
She had the track to herself and got to show off all that talent today. :ThmbUp:
Tough price. :ThmbDown: The game is so tough that even when you pick the horses, they still have to draw into a profitable situation.

Will be one to follow. Would be tempted to see if she can get a mile someday, but she is a heck of a sprinter right now.

the_fat_man
10-14-2007, 06:35 PM
She had the track to herself and got to show off all that talent today. :ThmbUp:
Tough price. :ThmbDown: The game is so tough that even when you pick the horses, they still have to draw into a profitable situation.

This filly has been real good to me. Today's result was even more profitable than her previous victory where I (also) had the exacta and triple.

Tough price? :bang: :lol:

2 number exacta (3-6, 3-2)

2 number triple (3-6-2, 3-2-6)

following your format: invested $8 return: $124+

Is that a profitable enough situation for you?

russowen77
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Nice performance today by McLaughlin's Genuine Devotion sprinting on the BEL turf.

Last 1/8th faster than the penultimate 1/8th and last quarter faster than 1st quarter are certainly not typical numbers.

And, she returned 4:1 off a very obviously eventful last race.

Wow.

Book her with English Colony for 2008.
That had to have been a typo where you read she was booked to English Colony. Both of those are out of Rock of Gilbralter. I wouldn't breed a fine filly like that to English Colony anyway. Not unless he improves a lot.

Now English Channel makes a lot of sense to book with if you don't mind going with an unkown stallion. By unkown I mean his breeding prowess, not his running ability

samyn on the green
10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Great call Fat Man. Thats what I call walking the walk instead of just talking the talk. Why waste time yapping about the tools for hour after hour when you can just pick them up and hammer out a nice winner like this. You have moved yourself up in class.

keilan
10-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Too Much -- knock yourselves out fellas it's was 5 horse field

Then campaign the ticket after the race has been run, yep that's walking the talk :rolleyes:

$7 dollar winner and $31 x's - - boyz those happen 100 times a day in much larger and more contentious races.

dylbert
10-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Then campaign the ticket after the race has been run, yep that's walking the talk :rolleyes:

$7 dollar winner and $31 x's - - boyz those happen 100 times a day in much larger and more contentious races.Ouch! A little rough on Fat Man, keilan... Fat Man posted this horse four weeks ago and then followed up yesterday. Nice work, 5-to-2 is 5-to-2 in 5-horse race or 20-horse calvary charge. Sign me up for next one, FM.

DJofSD
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
My thanks to TFM.

Silly me, not knowing the P3 I posted was not an offered bet. So, I saved money.

At one point a few minutes before post, she was the favorite but then drifted back up.

My only concern before the race was whether or not she'd break on top because it appears she might be a need to lead horse. No worries.

'Nuf said unless I get accused of redboarding.

samyn on the green
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Give me a break, I have to stand up for the fat man here. If anyone takes a look in the selections thread they will see your embarrassingly vapid opinion on display when you played a $96 pick3. When you play a ticket with that many combo's you tell us two things. Complete and total lack of opinion and more bankroll than brains.

While we all certainly appreciate you seeding the pools it does not give you a right to lash out. Most people would take this post the wrong way, but I suggest you should take it as constructive criticism. Next time you want to bash a winner, you should consider that you have a long way to go before you can start firing stones from that glass house. Too Much -- knock yourselves out fellas it's was 5 horse field

$7 dollar winner and $31 x's - - boyz those happen 100 times a day in much larger and more contentious races.

bigmack
10-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Complete and total lack of opinion and more bankroll than brains.
:lol::lol:

"Spray play" that hoists a machine gun in hopes of hitting a target and the expectation from others of being called a good shot. Unlikely.

keilan
10-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Ouch! A little rough on Fat Man, keilan... Fat Man posted this horse four weeks ago and then followed up yesterday. Nice work, 5-to-2 is 5-to-2 in 5-horse race or 20-horse calvary charge. Sign me up for next one, FM.

I'm not rough at all on Fats but give it rest when the horse pays $7 in a 5 horse field.

keilan
10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Give me a break, I have to stand up for the fat man here. If anyone takes a look in the selections thread they will see your embarrassingly vapid opinion on display when you played a $96 pick3. When you play a ticket with that many combo's you tell us two things. Complete and total lack of opinion and more bankroll than brains.

While we all certainly appreciate you seeding the pools it does not give you a right to lash out. Most people would take this post the wrong way, but I suggest you should take it as constructive criticism. Next time you want to bash a winner, you should consider that you have a long way to go before you can start firing stones from that glass house.

Simply question "are you on drugs" I not bashing Fats. You're the one who is creaming his pants on a $7 dollar winner in a 5 horse field. And if your looking into selections for other peoples wagering selections then it's you who lacks any opinion.

Your opinion about the p3 is laughable, it's obvious you know very little about
wager or handicapping. I basically swept the keeneland card and did quite well thanx-you.

race 1 -- mdspwt 3yo+ all lightly raced going 9 panels winner pays $8.60 but a horse in there ran his eyeballs out at 57-1.

race 2 -- clm 7500 3yo+ another field of 12 horses and they are cheap.Winner pays $23.20

race 3 -- clmg 16000 3yo+ 10 start and the winner pays $9.20

See my friend there's something you don't realize -- I could care less what you think.

See I don't mind Fats it's guys like you that get on the end of someone's shlong I find disgusting. Hey but please don't take that the wrong way.

keilan
10-15-2007, 12:12 AM
:lol::lol:

"Spray play" that hoists a machine gun in hopes of hitting a target and the expectation from others of being called a good shot. Unlikely.

Even the idiot shows up :lol: :lol:

Mike should be along shortly, he's been busy cleaning up after you of late.

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2007, 01:03 AM

$7 dollar winner and $31 x's - - boyz those happen 100 times a day in much larger and more contentious races.In my opinion, this reply was completely unnecessary, unless of course, you enjoy being a buzz kill.

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2007, 01:16 AM
See I don't mind Fats it's guys like you that get on the end of someone's shlong I find disgusting. Hey but please don't take that the wrong way.Wow.