Tom
09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Guess we can!

cj
09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I feel so bad for poor Todd.

jognlope
09-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I love watching the Tiz babies, they are so proud and tall like their father.

Did anyone see Lear's Princess bowing as she was led to the winner's circle... she's cute!

kenwoodallpromos
09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Big or small, still an underlay like Todd's TGM.

Wickel
09-16-2007, 01:03 AM
The solution: Return the mount to Gomez. And while Pletcher's at it, he'd be wise to put Garrett on the Monkey, too.

pressman
09-16-2007, 06:42 AM
She's gone from Riches to Rags-wouldnt be surprised if she never won again.

gIracing
09-16-2007, 08:26 AM
cut the dramatics..s he needed a race.. have you seen her workouts? she wasn't in the shape she's been in in the past. there is nothing "wrong" with rags.. but I'm for the jock switch

in fact, i apploud T Pletch for not doing what he has done every year, and use his BC Fav's up in preps.. he's actually pointing her towards something.

Bobzilla
09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
I played Tough Tiz's Sis as well, and would have played her even harder if Dorm Fever wasn't breaking to her inside, I was really hoping TTS would clear Gomez on the 2 and get the rail yesterday. Tough Tiz's Sis is an underrated filly and could be dangerous at Mth if she draws to the inside the end of Oct.

Like others here on this site I do my own figs, been doing them for decades, and part of that process is normalizing the times given the relative speed of the track. Often on these showcase days the tracks yield final times that are considerably quick, times that are for the most part engineered through human intervention to support the breeding industry, as well as to further promote hype, ad nauseum ,IMO. Though the track can and often do play even across when this occurs, there are other days when it results in the footing seeming to be advantageous closer to the rail, which I believe was the case at Belmont yesterday. iI memory serves me correctly every winner on the main track yesterday spent at least half of their race saving ground along the rail, for the most part on the backstretch. Those stalking in the 3p or even pressing in the 2p seemingly were at a disadvantage. It's almost as if one could have hit the Pick 6 just by concentrating on pps 1-3. Rail biases are not the same dynamic as speed biases. They're often confused, especially by public handicapping celebrities. Factor in yesterday's 25 mph winds out of the WNW throughout the entire afternoon one could see the puck had been put in front of the net quite nicely for Lear's Princess, especially considering the fact Eibar Coa, more often than not, senses the urgency of saving ground quicker than many of the more heralded riders in that colony, when that urgency is in fact present. I just can't play a horse at 2/1, especually when a nice overlay like TTS is offering 10/1.

IMO, Rags to Riches, Tough Tiz's Sis, The Green Monkey, Richland Creek (R3), Armonk, and Kodiak Kowboy ran deceptively good races yesterday given the relative tightness of the surface towards the inside, and especially the former, who was already disadvantaged giving weight and the amount of time she had off.

DanG
09-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I played Tough Tiz's Sis as well, and would have played her even harder if Dorm Fever wasn't breaking to her inside, I was really hoping TTS would clear Gomez on the 2 and get the rail yesterday. Tough Tiz's Sis is an underrated filly and could be dangerous at Mth if she draws to the inside the end of Oct.

Like others here on this site I do my own figs, been doing them for decades, and part of that process is normalizing the times given the relative speed of the track. Often on these showcase days the tracks yield final times that are considerably quick, times that are for the most part engineered through human intervention to support the breeding industry, as well as to further promote hype, ad nauseum ,IMO. Though the track can and often do play even across when this occurs, there are other days when it results in the footing seeming to be advantageous closer to the rail, which I believe was the case at Belmont yesterday. iI memory serves me correctly every winner on the main track yesterday spent at least half of their race saving ground along the rail, for the most part on the backstretch. Those stalking in the 3p or even pressing in the 2p seemingly were at a disadvantage. It's almost as if one could have hit the Pick 6 just by concentrating on pps 1-3. Rail biases are not the same dynamic as speed biases. They're often confused, especially by public handicapping celebrities. Factor in yesterday's 25 mph winds out of the WNW throughout the entire afternoon one could see the puck had been put in front of the net quite nicely for Lear's Princess, especially considering the fact Eibar Coa, more often than not, senses the urgency of saving ground quicker than many of the more heralded riders in that colony, when that urgency is in fact present. I just can't play a horse at 2/1, especually when a nice overlay like TTS is offering 10/1.

IMO, Rags to Riches, Tough Tiz's Sis, The Green Monkey, Richland Creek (R3), Armonk, and Kodiak Kowboy ran deceptively good races yesterday given the relative tightness of the surface towards the inside, and especially the former, who was already disadvantaged giving weight and the amount of time she had off.
Good stuff Bob. :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
09-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Bob's got it nailed, though I would hold a little more on my judgement about Kodiak Kowboy as one can't be sure if he is a true sprinter or wants to go route. Need a little more time to figure that out for sure. RtR was fantastic. So was Lear's Princess. This was a tightener for RtR as there are much bigger fish to fry. Also, I think she'll be much better at this distance around 2 turns rather than 1, though more distance is really what she does.

Oh, and the best bet on the race was 1,2,3 and 4 to show. Yes, I did lose $17.50 on 4 $10 bets, but considering she had considerably more bet on her to show than to win it was the way to go. Looked like there was also some bridge jumping on Lear's as well. As I explained to the GF, we're not betting against RtR, we're betting against the nuts that poured over 1/4 million into her show pool.

BIG49010
09-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Anybody notice that Rag's looks extreemly long, and tucked up in the hind end?

I don't remember her looking like that at the Oaks, I know she is a very large filly, but she looked like something out of a 3 Stooges movie yesterday!