PDA

View Full Version : Hey You in Philly.....get your conflict resolution geared up

JustRalph
09-15-2007, 05:33 AM
This is what passes for Law Enforcement in the new millenium........

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070913/D8RKQJ2O0.html

This city is apparently imploding................and this is all the city fathers can come up with? This is why there is no leadership in America...........we are so politically correct that we cannot stop the criminal element from taking a city over.............

"It's time for African-American men to stand up," Johnson told the Philadelphia Daily News, which first reported the story Wednesday. "We have an obligation to protect our women, our children and our elderly. We're going to put men on the street. We're going to train them in conflict resolution."

This is the biggest disaster in the making I have ever heard of...............

"In their own neighborhoods, with the 'Don't snitch' mentality, they're kind of putting themselves in harm's way, because there are going to be people who disagree with what they're doing," DeRussy said.

The men who join Johnson's program will not carry weapons or make arrests but will instead emphasize conflict resolution, similar to the Guardian Angels' ground rules."

skate
09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
oh yes, and just look at all the attention this type of enforcement is getting.

its a crying shame.

so so so , now, we are in need of 10,000 men in Philly, for security.:rolleyes:

and at the same time, we reduce our force in Iraq by 10,000.;)

keepin in mind, its uncle George who's stupid and our real enemy.:D

skate
09-20-2007, 06:35 PM
now they want the State Police:rolleyes: .

and they will get Them:p

skate
09-22-2007, 12:30 PM
more openings for police jobs.

after the arrest of corrupt prison guards.

well, lets see, first the people left, then you raised taxes and Now You figure "you need to get your act together".

ralphy, you gotta find the barn door.

would ya, could ya?

JustRalph
09-22-2007, 05:09 PM
they are looking for "citizen volunteers"

Not cops or security............

it would be funny if it wasn't true................

skate
09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
yo Ralph;

i understand they are looking for citizens.

on top of that, they are going to bring in the State Police and they just arrested 4 prison guards. so they will need to hire more guards also.

what gets me laughing is the similiar circumstance to the war in Iraq.

more troops, situation not going well, problem with the jails and nothing about the civil war in Philly.

today, car check, they just shot another cop.

granted, its a smaler scale, but the same situation.

harnesslover
09-24-2007, 06:23 PM
they are looking for "citizen volunteers"

Not cops or security............

it would be funny if it wasn't true................

Unless you follow Philadelphia news, you have no idea how incredibly violent it is there. I know this probably isn't the best solution, but SOMETHING has to be done.

The murder rate is mind boggling and the mayor is a complete and utter waste of a sperm cell.

JustRalph
09-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Unless you follow Philadelphia news, you have no idea how incredibly violent it is there. I know this probably isn't the best solution, but SOMETHING has to be done.

The murder rate is mind boggling and the mayor is a complete and utter waste of a sperm cell.

typical of leaderless cities............. the same problems exist in Cincinnati on a smaller scale.........

harnesslover
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
This is how bad Philly is getting. An 18 month old hit by 2 stray bullets in the playground. (And this was hours after a Philly police officer was shot in the face in a different incident)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20070925_Stray_bullets_hit_18-month-old_boy.html

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
This in nothing new. When I used to work for Allied Van Lines in the late 60's, drivers told me they would refuse loads to Philadelphia as many were hijacked on the way to the delivery address....and these were some big burly fellows telling me this.....

skate
09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
well, the mayor (right after being elected) says "it our city NOW".

police commish , previous NYer, left for Miami. he didnt say it, but he wanted nothing to do with the situation.

present commish, a Muslim, i feel sorry for him. so many really good cops went to the burbs.

Buckeye
09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
well this stuff never happened when Rizzo was mayor and the city was ruled by someone concerned about public safety. Philly always gets a bad rap (unjustified) and considering WE STARTED it all or it all started here, take your pick, you may be asking yourself why and the answer is because Cleveland made us do it?

and we probably are not "going anywhere"

Philadelphia is the center of the Universe of Democratic thought and the center of the best hopes we have to acheive. Philadelphia is superior to everywhere only by coincidence? A few corrupt polititians are an annoyance at best. Where do you think the Liberty Bell is? Who was Ben Franklin? Where did he live and what College did he found? Where was the U.S. Constitution signed? Where is Independence Hall? Not New York not Boston not Paris not . . .

Cleveland?

Not quite. Get in line, way back in line or Philadelphia and the surrounding area (George School) Princeton University Atlantic City and the Wharton School and Forest will eat you for lunch. The 56 points the Eagles put up? How could that happen? Those were the Philadelphia Eagles I do believe.

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Philadelphia is the center of the Universe of Democratic thought and the center of the best hopes we have to acheive. Philadelphia is superior to everywhere only by coincidence? A few corrupt polititians are an annoyance at best. Where do you think the Liberty Bell is? Who was Ben Franklin? Where did he live and what College did he found? Where was the U.S. Constitution signed? Where is Independence Hall? Not New York not Boston not Paris not . . .Unfortunately, it appears time may have passed Philly by....that's all ancient history man....

They build museums for that kind of thing....

JustRalph
09-26-2007, 02:36 AM
I am sure that as those people lay dying in the street the last thing they thought of was how noble it is to die on the Streets of Philly, you know, where the Liberty Bell and Ben Franklin come from. What a superior place to get murdered, oh yes!!!

Thank God the constitution was signed in Philly,........too bad the dead men and women will no longer be able to participate in the pursuit of "Life, Liberty and Happiness" Oh yeah, don't forget the 56 points the Eagles put up...........!!! Yeah, that makes up for a squandered city with inept leadership and community that thrives on 70 percent of its children being born without a father. It thrives on murder rates that are off the charts.......it thrives on absurd calls for the very thugs who run the streets to suddenly "take the streets back"

You know, I always heard Philly was awful........my wife actually got offered a job over there this last year. We actually considered it.........it was tons of money. But, I got some emails and PM's that filled me in on the real facts.......and I was pointed to some online info that blew me away. Now I read about this call for action and I laugh..............the only thing funnier is the last post by Buckeye......... :lol:

skate
09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
buckeye is just kidding.

if i remember my comment to anyone moving to philly,"you gots to be kidding":cool:

but but but , some areas are fine and never ever consider Flyers, Phillies, Iggles with the city of Phila.

people have more lessons to be learn"t" from "what the hell happened" in Philly than they can learn from "what the hell happened" in Iraq.:eek:

its taking Philly about thirty years, just to figure their direction. and hey, they are not alone. just dont forget to vote, that should solve the problemo.

skate
09-26-2007, 05:02 PM
oh oho ho, and dont forget, they have Penn. incorrect spelling on the bell.:D