This Louisiana dude Sean has BALLS man! :ThmbUp:

Thank you Bonc for really going above and beyond the call here :ThmbUp:

Richie

Scav
09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
This Louisiana dude Sean has BALLS man! :ThmbUp:

Thank you Bonc for really going above and beyond the call here :ThmbUp:

Richie

He does, and from what I read, is a great guy to have in our corner. Establishing a relationship with him should be of the utmost importance right now. He has a clue, is knowledgable, and seems to be very powerful with his background, and can help with the movement.

Maji
09-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Again my hats off for the effort on behalf of all us players. :jump: :jump: :jump:

happy1
09-14-2007, 07:05 PM
GO Tracknet!! it's about time somebody broke that TVG strangle hold!!!

Indulto
09-14-2007, 07:27 PM
GO Tracknet!! it's about time somebody broke that TVG strangle hold!!!Let’s see now.

Alfortish got some press coverage for saying what he was expected to say. Geary missed an opportunity for press coverage he probably could have used. TVG said nothing as usual. Daruty repeated things he has said previously, but now benefits from favorable press coverage in an attempt to white wash his organization's own role in depriving horseplayers of product choice, value, and service.

Score: DragNet 1, Horseplayers 0

BONC, how about asking your industry/media contacts for some help in getting HAW to promote the cause with a single-race procott on the Gold Cup undercard on Sat., Sept. 29? Maybe they’d be willing to name it the Betovernetcapper Invitational to invite horseplayers nationwide to show their support and market potential by betting this race through every participating track, simulcast center, and ADW.

We’ve still got two weeks to get the word out. Your name is in the public eye and that’s no small accomplishment. You’re probably at least as well known by now as Graham Stone still is. The trick is to use your fame before its impact fades.

happy1
09-14-2007, 07:48 PM
hey, Geary is supposed to be at TRA meeting next week. Maybe we can get him to help while there is some level of represenitives at the meetings..

http://www.tra-online.com/index.html

HorseRun
09-14-2007, 08:21 PM
dont trust those pricks at CD/Tracknet, they speak out of both sides of their mouth

happy1
09-14-2007, 08:29 PM
coo-dat; so Tracknet should give the signal to everyone except TVG.

Since thats their only leverage over TVG. After all they are trying to run TVG out of business. correct-o?? (still trying to figure out where the lines are drawn, sorry)

Southieboy
09-14-2007, 09:40 PM
The gold cup's on a sunday

Indulto
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
The gold cup's on a sundayhttp://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/horsemen_tb/stakes.php

RACE DATE STAKES RACE AGE / SEX DISTANCE PURSE

Sat, Sep 29th Hawthorne Gold Cup (Grade II) 3 yo & up 1 1/4 Mile $500,000

Sat, Sep 29th Indian Maid Handicap 3 yo & up F&M 1 1/16 Mile Turf $100,000

Sat, Sep 29th Robert F. Carey Mem. H. (Grade III) 3 yo & up 1 Mile Turf $150,000

ddog
09-14-2007, 10:07 PM
sounds to me like everyone that can bet into the Lad pools should direct all their play there.
At least you would be supporting a group that seems to get it.

Indulto
09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
sounds to me like everyone that can bet into the Lad pools should direct all their play there.
At least you would be supporting a group that seems to get it.https://www.harrahs.com/images/non_image_assets/LAD_Stakes_Schedule_070307.pdf (https://www.harrahs.com/images/non_image_assets/LAD_Stakes_Schedule_070307.pdf)

Super Derby day is Sept 22 … only one week away. There are 4 stakes on the undercard. While a good idea to support Louisiana horsemen under Alfortish, he is not LAD track management. PTC said HAW management was easy to work with and movement support/promotion assistance is critical to having an impact.

ddog
09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
https://www.harrahs.com/images/non_image_assets/LAD_Stakes_Schedule_070307.pdf (https://www.harrahs.com/images/non_image_assets/LAD_Stakes_Schedule_070307.pdf)

Super Derby day is Sept 22 … only one week away. There are 4 stakes on the undercard. While a good idea to support Louisiana horsemen under Alfortish, he is not LAD track management. PTC said HAW management was easy to work with and movement support/promotion assistance is critical to having an impact.

Wishing for good weather for them that weekend.
Always make it one of my biggest betting weekends of the year.

Good Luck to all.

betovernetcapper
09-14-2007, 11:05 PM
On September 7th I spoke with Scott Daruty, and he explained how he and TrackNet wanted to send the signals far and wide. All God's children should be able to bet with their ADW of choice. But the horseman-the tracks-TVG were preventing them from doing so.
So on Sept 13th I set up a meeting to try and bridge this gap. In the morning I had a a call from TVG saying that they also wanted to send the signal far and wide, but that they just didn't want to have a public discussion on the 13th. My bad, I probably should have scheduled this on the weekend.
In the beginning I pointed out the the 5th at Lrl, a 6 furlong $25,000 was going off in a few minutes and I asked everyone to make a note of what they thought would be a fair signal price for that race-3%-5%-7%-20% whatever.
Anyway during this boring (and expensive) conference I offered various suggestions to end this thing. I suggested that TrackNet offer it's signal to all legal domestic ADWs at the same rate that RGS is charged. Scott didn't want to discuss his other clients. I suggested that both TrackNet and TVG take their books to the Jockey Club and have The Jockey Club suggest signal rates and polices. For some reason he didn't like that either. BTW he did confirm TrackNets policy of a rebates only to $1,000,000 a year players.

Anyway near the end of the call I asked every one what the fair price of the signal for the 5th at LRL was and no one wanted to say. I then pointed out that the fair price on the 5th at LRL which had been over for 23 minutes was zero. Once the gate opened the signal had no value. Hoarding that signal made no sense.
Anyway given that these folks all want to sell the signal but just can't seem to come to a meeting of the minds, maybe they just need a little help. Next year is an election year and there has got to be a congressman or senator with an opinion on Internet wagering that would like to help these folks work out the details.

kenwoodallpromos
09-15-2007, 06:40 AM
On September 7th I spoke with Scott Daruty, and he explained how he and TrackNet wanted to send the signals far and wide. All God's children should be able to bet with their ADW of choice. But the horseman-the tracks-TVG were preventing them from doing so.
So on Sept 13th I set up a meeting to try and bridge this gap. In the morning I had a a call from TVG saying that they also wanted to send the signal far and wide, but that they just didn't want to have a public discussion on the 13th. My bad, I probably should have scheduled this on the weekend.
In the beginning I pointed out the the 5th at Lrl, a 6 furlong $25,000 was going off in a few minutes and I asked everyone to make a note of what they thought would be a fair signal price for that race-3%-5%-7%-20% whatever.
Anyway during this boring (and expensive) conference I offered various suggestions to end this thing. I suggested that TrackNet offer it's signal to all legal domestic ADWs at the same rate that RGS is charged. Scott didn't want to discuss his other clients. I suggested that both TrackNet and TVG take their books to the Jockey Club and have The Jockey Club suggest signal rates and polices. For some reason he didn't like that either. BTW he did confirm TrackNets policy of a rebates only to $1,000,000 a year players.

Anyway near the end of the call I asked every one what the fair price of the signal for the 5th at LRL was and no one wanted to say. I then pointed out that the fair price on the 5th at LRL which had been over for 23 minutes was zero. Once the gate opened the signal had no value. Hoarding that signal made no sense.
Anyway given that these folks all want to sell the signal but just can't seem to come to a meeting of the minds, maybe they just need a little help. Next year is an election year and there has got to be a congressman or senator with an opinion on Internet wagering that would like to help these folks work out the details.

betovernetcapper
09-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I know very little about the ins and outs of pricing signals- but what I CAN relate to that the above sounds like is if I compare those guys' statements to a description of ponds of stagnant water.
If you were to compare these guys with stagnant water then stagnant water becomes a rushing stream. If you were to observe a pool of stagnant water with one of those Discovery Channel cameras, over a period of time there might be a tiny movement in the pool of stagnant water.

HorseRun
09-15-2007, 02:12 PM
or sometimes that pool, dries up and leaves just wet dirt and then turns to dust

ezmred
09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
betovernetcapper thanks for all your efforts in trying to get these people to do something to fix this mess. please don't give yourself a ulcer over it :bang: because they ain't worth it.i look forward to supporting this site in our cause for the horseplayer.
good luck every one :ThmbUp:
ed

shanta
09-15-2007, 03:37 PM
betovernetcapper thanks for all your efforts in trying to get these people to do something to fix this mess. please don't give yourself a ulcer over it :bang: because they ain't worth it.i look forward to supporting this site in our cause for the horseplayer.
good luck every one :ThmbUp:
ed

agree 100%.
Bonc you are showing these characters up for who they really are.
1) TVG is a no show. Jerkoffs :ThmbDown:

2) Mr.Daruty is a lawyer first and foremost. Stall,deceive,delay. Wait it out,things will "go away". Also insistent upon dictating what others can do after getting the signal(rebates to high rolling shooters only). Refused to answer when confronted with "fair signal price". Gives a rats ass about the players. Complete "enemy" of the horseplayer. Truly representative of CRAPNET. :ThmbDown:

3) Sean from Louisiana is a total thumbs up dude! Has balls to say what he means and takes a stand on behalf of equality in signal distribution. Calling out the Adw's. Bravo! :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 01:36 AM
I think you guys are misreading the situation. These people really-really-really want the signals sold far and wide. And they have great regard for the players.
They just need a little tiny bit of help.
At this point I think a member of Congress or the Senate that has strong feelings about Internet gambling or just gambling in general would be very helpful. I'm thinking someone like Jon Kyl the Arizona senator would be perfect. I know Senator Kyl is probably a very busy guy, but I kind of think he could come up with a solution to signal wars in about a minute and a half.

NoCal Boy
09-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Agreed. Jon Kyl will have a solution to the signal wars in about 30 seconds if it goes to the Senate.

Of course, the tracks will be out of business when fully implemented!! ha ha

The industry would be out of their minds to give the Feds any reason to delve into interstate wagering and for that reason there will be a resolution. Hopefully much sooner than anyone thinks right now. My guess is the Fair Grounds meet will be the latest date for at least a partial resolution as the LA horsemen do not appear to be agreeable to the FG signal being restricted in any manner.

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 02:00 AM
I'll call Monday and see if I can speak with someone on his staff.

Kelso
09-16-2007, 02:15 AM
betovernetcapper thanks for all your efforts in trying to get these people to do something to fix this mess. please don't give yourself a ulcer over it

DON'T LISTEN TO 'IM BONC!!! :eek:

You just keep on takin' care o' business!

Take one for the team!

Carry on! Carry on!

We regret you have but one life to give for our rebates!

Damn the torpedos ... ride to the sound of the muskets ... don't give up the ship ... shoot at the blue-eyed ones, too ... remember the Alamo ... and Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco!!!

Besides, Hillary says she's gonna take care of any of those pesky health problems ya might have, so.....

..... CHARGE!!!

MakinItHappen
09-16-2007, 02:32 AM
:lol:
We regret you have but one life to give for our rebates!

:lol:

In all seriousness though, BONC, keep up the nice work and thanks for keeping us all posted!

Your efforts are appreciated by myself and many others, I am sure!

MakinItHappen

Pace Cap'n
09-16-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll call Monday and see if I can speak with someone on his staff.

This is the guy that has been trying to outlaw internet gambling for the last 8 or 10 years--how could he possibly be friendly to horseracing? It will surely be a sad day for poker players if Mr. Kyl gets involved in this. Speaking as someone who plays both, I am not sure he would be the best choice.

Pace Cap'n
09-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Internet gambling is likely to have a deleterious effect on businesses and the economy....

Addiction. Internet gambling enhances the addictive nature of gambling because it is so easy to do: you don’t have to travel; you can just log on to your computer.

Internet gambling would multiply addiction exponentially, increasing access and magnifying the potential destructiveness of the addiction. Addicts would literally click their mouse and bet the house.

Once you go to Internet gambling, you’ve maximized the speed, you’ve maximized the acceptability and the accessibility. It’s going to be in-your-face gambling, which is going to have severe detrimental effects to society. . . . it’s the crack cocaine of creating new pathological gamblers.

These are all statements that have either been made by or referenced by Mr. Kyl in support of his bill to prohibit internet gambling.

judiciary.senate.gov/oldsite/jk32399.htm (http://judiciary.senate.gov/oldsite/jk32399.htm)

Some versions of this bill have been ammended to permit gambling on horseracing. However, the government, once embarked on a course of action, has a tendency to expand on that action. I would not trust for a minute that horseracing would get a free pass while all other gambling is outlawed.

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Pace Cap'n
David N' (TVG) and Scott Daruty (TrackNet) are each very good people and they have nothing but the highest regard for the fans and the sport. Unfortunately as sometimes happens these two well meaning parties have reached an impasse. There have been many attempts by YouBet, PTC, The Jockey Club and even me to try and reconcile their differences.
I think it's time for another disinterested good person to step in and review their differences and maybe even set up some guidelines for the future. Who could be more disinterested than Jon Kyl?
BTW special note to Scott and Dave, if Jon is able to help you sell the signals, please don't feel called upon to send me a hat. I already have one.

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Pace Cap n'
Jon Kyl is a United States senator and I'm sure he can be trusted to be completely objective in helping these two fine parties find a solution to signal wars.

Pace Cap'n
09-16-2007, 01:25 PM
BONC, thanks for all your hard work in this effort. It is much appreciated.

My reservations center around bringing an avowed opponent of internet wagering into this matter. His name is anathema in the online wagering community. His repeated introduction of legislation to abolish all forms of online gambling indicates to me that he would be likely to bring his own agenda into this matter.

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Pace Cap n'
Signal wars have been going on for months and for months these guys have been unable to cut a deal. Tomorrow all of them are going to be in Kansas City at a conference and maybe they they will run into each other at a Starbucks, flip a coin, write a few numbers on a napkin and end it. This is the best scenario, the adult scenario.
If they can't/won't end it on their own, then let them have some real adult supervision. Jon Kyl or someone like him may be just the kind of adult supervision these guys need at this time.

Indulto
09-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Pace Cap n'
Signal wars have been going on for months and for months these guys have been unable to cut a deal. Tomorrow all of them are going to be in Kansas City at a conference and maybe they they will run into each other at a Starbucks, flip a coin, write a few numbers on a napkin and end it. This is the best scenario, the adult scenario.
If they can't/won't end it on their own, then let them have some real adult supervision. Jon Kyl or someone like him may be just the kind of adult supervision these guys need at this time.BONC,
I believe we share the same objectives and that you are well-intentioned, but you've “bounced” from one extreme to the other on Daruty, and now attribute intentions and objectives to this individual, his arch-rival, and now an anti-gambling politician that IMO are at odds with the image their quoted utterances project.

Perhaps it is you, Fearless Leader, who should consider acquiring adult supervision on this trip to Fantasyland. ;)

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Indulto-My personal opinions on Mr Daruty have not changed, just my rhetoric.
This situation will be resolved at some point. If I were one of the participants, I'd choose to resolve it without Jon Kyls help. If I were one of the participants I'd be at that Kansas City Starbucks coin flipping and number writing. But that's just me. :)

Indulto
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Indulto-My personal opinions on Mr Daruty have not changed, just my rhetoric.
This situation will be resolved at some point. If I were one of the participants, I'd choose to resolve it without Jon Kyls help. If I were one of the participants I'd be at that Kansas City Starbucks coin flipping and number writing. But that's just me. :)Well, I guess that’s one of the differences between us, BONC. I try to make my rhetoric reflect my opinion, which reminds me of the (now) old joke about the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman being that the latter knew WHEN he was lying.

You do bring up an interesting point about the conference, though. If that august pair of ADW titans were scheduled to attend, perhaps a horseplayer representative could have prepared to address them at the seminar. Something to think about for future events. I would imagine, however, that Messrs. Nathanson, Daruty, Couto, and Linnell will be avoiding the banquet circuit for a while, though I suppose any could provide comedy for the “Borscht Belt.”

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, I guess that’s one of the differences between us, BONC. I try to make my rhetoric reflect my opinion, which reminds me of the (now) old joke about the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman being that the latter knew WHEN he was lying.[/font
very entertaining :lol: :lol:

Indulto
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
very entertaining :lol: :lol:... You do bring up an interesting point about the conference, though. If that august pair of ADW titans were scheduled to attend, perhaps a horseplayer representative could have prepared to address them at the seminar. Something to think about for future events.I was reminded of BONC's prior post from his "TRA Conference" thread:On September 17th-19th the 15th Annual Simulcast Conference will be held in KC. While this is geared for the industry, maybe some players should attend. I mean just in case any of them are curious about a fans opinion.
your thoughts
http://www.tra-online.com/2007conf2.html
It may not have made the impresion it should have since I had also referred to the conference in the "Dr. Z .." thread:http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/24/Simulcast-conference-to-look-at-new-technology.aspx (http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/24/Simulcast-conference-to-look-at-new-technology.aspx)
You and I have many areas of agreement, BONC. All I need now is BONified adult supervision to play nicely together. :lol:

rdavislake
09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
All due respect to all of you, but a member of Congress generally can't be depended on for Anything....I'm no attorney, but this mess smells more like an Anti-Trust, restraint of trade type situation......Perhaps Sean Alfortish knows of a retired judge, or mediator to step in.....Just a thought......

betovernetcapper
09-16-2007, 10:19 PM
rdavislake-I'm not a lawyer either but I agree with you that there is probably an Anti-Trust case here. In terms of a serious adult mediator, I gotta go with this guy

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/beherethen/jk_official.jpg

BTW updated my webpage :)