PDA

View Full Version : Maria's Mon

joanied
09-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Pin Oak Stallion Maria's Mon Dead (http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40794)
Maria's Mon, who achieved star status by siring a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner from his first crop of foals, was euthanized the morning of Sept. 14
:( :( :(

46zilzal
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I always thought this one was a lot better than we ever saw on the track. Great trainer as well.

joanied
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
zilzal,

I agree...and wasn't he absolutley gorgeous. We lost a great horse, and my heart goes out to his connections.
Very sad news.

JustRalph
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I smell a rat.............or something really wrong...........multiple organ failure?

A very valuable stallion like this should be protected better..........

joanied
09-14-2007, 04:00 PM
just ralph...
Now, now...let's not jump to conclusions here...I sure don't smell a rat (I sure as hell did when Alydar died)...no doubt the bloodhorse ect will run the story in full and after the autopsy everyone will know what happened... I would think if one of Maria's Mon's organs quit functioning it's possible other organs followed in shutting down.
Maybe I'll ask my equine vet about that...if I do, I'll post what he says.
Like many horse related injuries/deaths this one may remain a mystery...bottom line is those folks lost one hell of a stallion, and to many involved with him, they also lost a friend.

GaryG
09-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I saw him just a year ago...a real favorite and I will miss him.

WJ47
09-15-2007, 12:35 AM
What a beautiful horse he was. I was so saddened to read this post. I wonder what could have happened that caused him to suddenly get ill with multiple organ failure. I'm sure an autopsy will get to the bottom of it. The insurance company probably demands an autopsy for unexpected deaths.