PDA

View Full Version : Conference Outcome

betovernetcapper
09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
The conference went off at 2pm CST today. It wasn't as bad as I feared or as good as I hoped.

I don't know how many of you know this but today is Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, a day for new beginnings. Even if nothing else was acomplished, today for the first time a player's rep sat at the table on equal footing with these guys. WTF, I'm calling that a new beginning.
The Bloodhorse article will be out tomorrow.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Can't wait to read about what went down. You are to be commended sir for what you have done to date!

If there were a PaceAdvantage.com Hall of Fame, I believe you'd easily make it in on the first ballot! :ThmbUp:

stuball
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Can't wait to read about what went down. You are to be commended sir for what you have done to date!

If there were a PaceAdvantage.com Hall of Fame, I believe you'd easily make it in on the first ballot! :ThmbUp:

Create one Mike !!!!

Stu :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
09-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I haven't done much of anything-if there were a wall of fame then PA would deserve a mention the size of a billboard. :)

Snag
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
The Bloodhorse article will be out tomorrow.

Did they put the article on their web site? My old eyes didn't see it.

speedking
09-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Did they put the article on their web site? My old eyes didn't see it.

Conference call article
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40798

speedking

betovernetcapper
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
On September 7th I spoke with Scott Daruty, and he explained how he and TrackNet wanted to send the signals far and wide. All God's children should be able to bet with their ADW of choice. But the horseman-the tracks-TVG were preventing them from doing so.
So on Sept 13th I set up a meeting to try and bridge this gap. In the morning I had a a call from TVG saying that they also wanted to send the signal far and wide, but that they just didn't want to have a public discussion on the 13th. My bad, I probably should have scheduled this on the weekend.
In the beginning I pointed out the the 5th at Lrl, a 6 furlong $25,000 was going off in a few minutes and I asked everyone to make a note of what they thought would be a fair signal price for that race-3%-5%-7%-20% whatever.
Anyway during this boring (and expensive) conference I offered various suggestions to end this thing. I suggested that TrackNet offer it's signal to all legal domestic ADWs at the same rate that RGS is charged. Scott didn't want to discuss his other clients. I suggested that both TrackNet and TVG take their books to the Jockey Club and have The Jockey Club suggest signal rates and polices. For some reason he didn't like that either. BTW he did confirm TrackNets policy of a rebates only to $1,000,000 a year players.

Anyway near the end of the call I asked every one what the fair price of the signal for the 5th at LRL was and no one wanted to say. I then pointed out that the fair price on the 5th at LRL which had been over for 23 minutes was zero. Once the gate opened the signal had no value. Hoarding that signal made no sense.
Anyway given that these folks all want to sell the signal but just can't seem to come to a meeting of the minds, maybe they just need a little help. Next year is an election year and there has got to be a congressman or senator with an opinion on Internet wagering that would like to help these folks work out the details.

Indulto
09-14-2007, 11:09 PM
On September 7th I spoke with Scott Daruty, and he explained how he and TrackNet wanted to send the signals far and wide. All God's children should be able to bet with their ADW of choice. But the horseman-the tracks-TVG were preventing them from doing so.
So on Sept 13th I set up a meeting to try and bridge this gap. In the morning I had a a call from TVG saying that they also wanted to send the signal far and wide, but that they just didn't want to have a public discussion on the 13th. My bad, I probably should have scheduled this on the weekend.
In the beginning I pointed out the the 5th at Lrl, a 6 furlong $25,000 was going off in a few minutes and I asked everyone to make a note of what they thought would be a fair signal price for that race-3%-5%-7%-20% whatever.
Anyway during this boring (and expensive) conference I offered various suggestions to end this thing. I suggested that TrackNet offer it's signal to all legal domestic ADWs at the same rate that RGS is charged. Scott didn't want to discuss his other clients. I suggested that both TrackNet and TVG take their books to the Jockey Club and have The Jockey Club suggest signal rates and polices. For some reason he didn't like that either. BTW he did confirm TrackNets policy of a rebates only to $1,000,000 a year players.

Anyway near the end of the call I asked every one what the fair price of the signal for the 5th at LRL was and no one wanted to say. I then pointed out that the fair price on the 5th at LRL which had been over for 23 minutes was zero. Once the gate opened the signal had no value. Hoarding that signal made no sense.
Anyway given that these folks all want to sell the signal but just can't seem to come to a meeting of the minds, maybe they just need a little help. Next year is an election year and there has got to be a congressman or senator with an opinion on Internet wagering that would like to help these folks work out the details.
.BONC, using “SHEETS” parlance, you “bounced,” but now’s not the time to pass the ball to politicians. My guess is that more people are behind you now than ever. It’s time to start getting them involved. Your infectious enthusiasm and initiative are your strongest assets. Let others’ strengths as well as their wallets augment yours so that these guys understand that it’s not just one "impatient" guy out there.

I’m willing to use my entire BC stake on a well-coordinated procott I can participate in. Please help make it happen.

betovernetcapper
09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Indulto- :lol: I've never been a proponent of the bounce theory. Seriously in my opinion we should all be damned impatient. This pissing contest has been going on since May and IMO it's time for it to be over.

NoCal Boy
09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
BONC

Great job. I have also corresponded and spoken with prominent horsemen leaders and they are poised to do something to resolve this now. TVG probably is seeing the light now that horsemen are ratcheting up the pressure and are unwilling to sign more exclusive contracts in the surrent structure.

The solution in my opinion is to acknowledge that TV distribution is important and does cost money to undertake. For this reason, TV exclusivity makes sense. It is a waste of channel space, and very cost ineffective, for Santa Anita to be on both TVG and HRTV. Same with NYRA and Del Mar. However, wagering exclusivity and a/v exclusivity on the internet is NOT acceptable. TVG.com, Youbet.com, Xpressbet.com, Brisbet.com, et al should have all signals and all a/v rights. These entities should pay a percentage of their commissions to the TV provider for that track. If Youbet takes a wager on SA, they should pay HRTV a certain fee based on handle. If YB takes a wager on NYRA, they should pay TVG a certain fee based on handle. Same goes with every other ADW.

The goal should be to generate as much handle and revenues as possible for the tracks and horsemen. Rates must be set high enough to generate the revenues, but reasonable enough to incent the ADW providers to provide the services necessary to generate handles and introsuce new people to ADW. High handles with low signal fees does little, but high signal fees with lower handles is not good either. There is a middle ground that should work for tracks, horsemen and ADW provider.

ADW is the only future growth for this industry. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

Alfortish means business. All business. I expect this to be resolved very soon, likely before Hollywood Park's Fall meet and Churchill Downs fall meet. HP is now non-exclusive. It makes so much sense.

Wouldn't it be nice if the BC in late October, which is open to all ADW's, is the start of the new day of open access for ADW's. Commencing with the BC races, no more wagering and a/v internet exclusivity. Wouldn't that be something!!

betovernetcapper
09-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Nocal Boy-how'd you feel about doing that-i mean creating national fees?