PDA

View Full Version : Wagering Queue - File Upload Update

Premier Turf Club
09-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Looks like we're about ready to roll out the wagering queue file upload. Thanks to all that suggested it. I've attached a screen shot below that lists the file specs and layout. Using this feature you'll be able to load your wagers in up to 72 hrs in advance if you like. Perfect for those long weekends out of town with the family. ;)

Feel free to contact me with any specific questions. You should be up live by Tuesday if everything goes as expected.

BTW, for you HOS players Rich Rosa is writing an output file to export your WPS picks directly into our queue.

spilparc
09-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Looks like we're about ready to roll out the wagering queue file upload. Thanks to all that suggested it. I've attached a screen shot below that lists the file specs and layout. Using this feature you'll be able to load your wagers in up to 72 hrs in advance if you like. Perfect for those long weekends out of town with the family. ;)

Do past performances come normally come out 72 hours in advance?

Premier Turf Club
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
On some throughbred tracks yes, on some know. You can check it out through the BRIS site. I believe many harness and dog tracks do as well.

K9Pup
09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
If I make a wager type/amount that isn't available in that race will I know that when I try to queue the wagers from my file?

Premier Turf Club
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
If I make a wager type/amount that isn't available in that race will I know that when I try to queue the wagers from my file?

No. Beacuse the file upload is independent of anything that's going on at the tote you could theoretically create bets that aren't available on that event, or amounts that wouldn't work (e.g. a $0.25 win bet). No harm/no foul though as that wager will be kicked back by the tote when it's sent.

K9Pup
09-14-2007, 07:34 AM
No. Beacuse the file upload is independent of anything that's going on at the tote you could theoretically create bets that aren't available on that event, or amounts that wouldn't work (e.g. a $0.25 win bet). No harm/no foul though as that wager will be kicked back by the tote when it's sent.

Ok. What about being able to report this after the fact? Will I see that these bets have been rejected? What about conditional bets I queue that don't get placed because of the condition?

Thanks!!!

betchatoo
09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Bets that don't get put in are marked in red and you can scan them for details

K9Pup
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Bets that don't get put in are marked in red and you can scan them for details

You're talking about the Sent Bets display? How long are those available? If I place wagers this afternoon for races tonight can I still see this tomorrow morning ? With conditional wagering and file upload I can see maybe 100-200 bets per day. A report of each wager with the results would be nice.

K9Pup
09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Ian, I have another question about the file format. I don't see any examples of multiples entries on 1 line of a bet. (1/234/23456). Online your system builds this as 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5,6) I believe. Is that possible with the file format? Won't those additional commas cause problems?

Thanks!

betchatoo
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM
You're talking about the Sent Bets display? How long are those available? If I place wagers this afternoon for races tonight can I still see this tomorrow morning ? With conditional wagering and file upload I can see maybe 100-200 bets per day. A report of each wager with the results would be nice.
I honestly don't know if unplaced bets are there for review the next day. I've never tried. But you can go through each completed wager and it's result in detail from day one of your registration.

Premier Turf Club
09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Ian, I have another question about the file format. I don't see any examples of multiples entries on 1 line of a bet. (1/234/23456). Online your system builds this as 1-(2,3,4)-(2,3,4,5,6) I believe. Is that possible with the file format? Won't those additional commas cause problems?

Thanks!

You can only make straight plays this way, no boxes, no partial wheels, etc. It's a limitation on the tote end, not our end. If you submit (1/234/23456) and the 2 scratches, the entire bet gets kicked back by the tote because the 2 is an invalid runner. It's akin to calling out that bet (with a scratched runner at the window). The teller terminal will beep, indicating the wager is invalid. Of course at the window the teller would inform you that the 2 is scratched and would re-key it as (1/34/3456). Unfortunately with unattended play there is no simple way to "re-key" the wager. We have kicked around the idea of writing code to edit out scratched runners (we know how to do it but it's pretty complicated) and resubmitting but that's fraught with pitfalls ("the 2 was one of my keys and if I knew he was scratched I never would have played the ticket.")

Another example of the joy of tote.

Premier Turf Club
09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
I honestly don't know if unplaced bets are there for review the next day. I've never tried. But you can go through each completed wager and it's result in detail from day one of your registration.

Unplaced wagers are not there. We are working on coming up with a way to accomodate those that would like to see them. It's hard because the wager's you see on screen that day are based on the XML file we create everytime a wager is submitted.

What you see the next day is a summary of the end-of-day transaction file we receive from Amtote which has only bets which were accepted.

K9Pup
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
You can only make straight plays this way, no boxes, no partial wheels, etc. It's a limitation on the tote end, not our end. If you submit (1/234/23456) and the 2 scratches, the entire bet gets kicked back by the tote because the 2 is an invalid runner. It's akin to calling out that bet (with a scratched runner at the window). The teller terminal will beep, indicating the wager is invalid. Of course at the window the teller would inform you that the 2 is scratched and would re-key it as (1/34/3456). Unfortunately with unattended play there is no simple way to "re-key" the wager. We have kicked around the idea of writing code to edit out scratched runners (we know how to do it but it's pretty complicated) and resubmitting but that's fraught with pitfalls ("the 2 was one of my keys and if I knew he was scratched I never would have played the ticket.")

Another example of the joy of tote.

Ok, that makes sense. You could never do something that would make everybody happy in regards to scratches.

For the tracking of wagers made/not made if I could get a file that list each wager made then I could match that up with my file of all wagers and report which ones where skipped????