PDA

View Full Version : PACE MAKES THE RACE TAPES

shoelessjoe
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Im still on the lookout for someone who has these tapes.Doc Sartin was on them along with Schmidt,Hambleton and Pizzolla.Thanks Shoeless

Tom
09-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Was that from a seminar?

shoelessjoe
09-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi Tom,No it was just Schmidt,Hambleton and Pizzolla talking about the TPR numbers with Doc coming in from time to time.Somebody had sent them to me but he was missing the last 2 tapes just as Pizzolla was going to talk about using a fulcrum with the tpr numbers.Just my luck.Jeff

Overlay
09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Might Dick Schmidt himself have any information on possible sources?

shoelessjoe
09-15-2007, 02:41 PM
That's what I was hoping but will probably get no response from him.Shoeless

Dick Schmidt
09-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Why not? I usually respond to stuff, at least if I see it. I don't come here every day. Anyway, I do remember the tapes, they were made in Tom's breakfast room by Tom, Michael and myself. We hired my cousin the radio engineer to monitor the recording and they turned out great. I didn't remember that Howard stuck anything into them, but I wouldn't be surprised. He liked to keep a close eye on TPR as he was afraid it would hurt the sales of his other programs (I'm not guessing here, he told me this to my face).

Anyway, the tapes came with a manual that had all the races we discussed. It could be that I still have a copy of them but if so, they are buried in the Garage of Chaos and not likely to surface any time soon. I have no idea of where you could get a set. You could try posting on Pace Advantage.

Dick

If by some fiat I had to restrict all this writing to one sentence, this is the one I would choose: The summit of Mt. Everest is marine limestone.

- John McPhee Basin and Range

bigmack
09-17-2007, 01:45 AM
That's what I was hoping but will probably get no response from him.Shoeless
With whatever respect is due, from what I've been able to glean from your involvement around these parts your participation is a bit lopsided. I recall few posts of input and almost all "where can I get?" - "where can I find?". Throw something into the collection plate every now & then.

If you're going to ask for something at least have the decency to not deride the person who might supply it for you.

shoelessjoe
09-17-2007, 07:01 AM
By saying I doubt if I will get a response is not deriding someone as you call it,I know he is busy with things other then racing.

I do ask for certain things but also have given stuff to other people as well so I feel that's throwing stuff in the collection plate .Before you start deriding people you should get your facts straight.I didnt realize you were part of the PA police department.