PDA

View Full Version : Printing question

banacek
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't know if I can explain this properly, but I'll try. I have a printout (black and white) from a software program that prints on about 1/2 a webpage. I also have my home grown Excel program which I add to the bottom of the webpage (by saving the Excel lines as a web page and adding to the other one). Now my Excel has some colour highlighting -which I want - highlighting early speed, trouble, etc.

So my new webpage is the combo of both and it looks good on the computer. All nice on 1 page - top part in b & w, bottom part, mostly b& w and some colour highlighting. But when I print preview or print, the colour highlighting on the Excel part vanishes. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? A setting or something?

Tom
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
In your printer settings, do you have a B&W option or Grayscale option checked? This caused me problems before,

banacek
09-12-2007, 08:53 PM
In your printer settings, do you have a B&W option or Grayscale option checked? This caused me problems before,

No, it's set to colour. If I try to print a regular web page, it comes out in colour.

rrbauer
09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
When you print the Excel portion by itself (out of Excel) is the color highlighting there?

How is the color highlighting achieved in Excel (via select/highlight and some format option?)?

Are these items combined in a third separate document (like in Word)? Or is it into an HTML file?

What I'm getting at is that you need to isolate the problem.

banacek
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
When you print the Excel portion by itself (out of Excel) is the color highlighting there?

How is the color highlighting achieved in Excel (via select/highlight and some format option?)?

Are these items combined in a third separate document (like in Word)? Or is it into an HTML file?

What I'm getting at is that you need to isolate the problem.

Yes, it prints in colour when I print out of Excel. On Excel I highlight it (use the fill colour thing).

And when I save the Excel part, I use "save as a webpage", and join it to the existing html page - no word. The colour shows up on the computer, so everything seems fine, but when I go to print it - it is B&W

Could it be that the html page front the software has been created to only be B&W? But then again, it shows colour, so I don't get it.

Tim
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Yes, it prints in colour when I print out of Excel. On Excel I highlight it (use the fill colour thing).

And when I save the Excel part, I use "save as a webpage", and join it to the existing html page - no word. The colour shows up on the computer, so everything seems fine, but when I go to print it - it is B&W

Could it be that the html page front the software has been created to only be B&W? But then again, it shows colour, so I don't get it.

You need to tell your web browser to print background images in color.
If you are using MS Explorer then click: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down to "Printing" and set the check box.
I don't know the steps for other browsers but that's the idea.

Tim

banacek
09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
You need to tell your web browser to print background images in color.
If you are using MS Explorer then click: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down to "Printing" and set the check box.
I don't know the steps for other browsers but that's the idea.

Tim

BINGO! Thanks Tim!

rrbauer
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Tim to the rescue!! :)