PDA

View Full Version : Daruty Conversation part deux

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
So in my conversation with Scott Daruty, I learned that I may have been mistaken about signal wars. I learned that TrackNet actually wanted to distribute the signal far and wide. It isn't the fault of TrackNet, it's the fault of others.
This caused me great distress and I grappled with with the thought "What can I do to bring these parties together?". At around 3am I got it, I could set up a conference call with TrackNet's Scott Daruty and TVG's David Nathen and a reporter from Bloodhorse and in a few minutes they could resolve this. Simple
Except.......it turns out others are affected by signal wars-there are the track owners-the horsemen and the players. Then I had an epiphany. Why not invite the track owners-the horseman and even the players to enter into this mini conference. Who to get..................

representing the track owners RON 4% GEARY :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Head of the La HBPA representing the horseman SEAN ALFORTISH :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

representing the players BONC

Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish have very tight schedules and have worked hard to make this work. :)
Conference will take place tomorrow Thursday September 13th

DeanT
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
You are awesome dude!

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
DeanT-hope you are still saying that tommorow night :lol:

JustRalph
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
i suggest you record it.,,,,,,,,,,or have a stenographer

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Ralph-great minds think alike-Ryan Conley from Bloodhorse has some kind of steno ability

Indulto
09-12-2007, 03:46 PM
So in my conversation with Scott Daruty, I learned that I may have been mistaken about signal wars. I learned that TrackNet actually wanted to distribute the signal far and wide. It isn't the fault of TrackNet, it's the fault of others.
This caused me great distress and I grappled with with the thought "What can I do to bring these parties together?". At around 3am I got it, I could set up a conference call with TrackNet's Scott Daruty and TVG's David Nathen and a reporter from Bloodhorse and in a few minutes they could resolve this. Simple
Except.......it turns out others are affected by signal wars-there are the track owners-the horsemen and the players. Then I had an epiphany. Why not invite the track owners-the horseman and even the players to enter into this mini conference. Who to get..................

representing the track owners RON 4% GEARY :ThmbUp:

Head of the La HBPA representing the horseman SEAN ALFORTISH :ThmbUp:

representing the players BONC

Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish have very tight schedules and have worked hard to make this work. :)
Conference will take place tomorrow Thursday September 13th
.BONC,
The extent of your influence is indeed awesome. Does the timing of this conference have anything to do with the CA ADW Bill's passing? What completely flabbergasts me is the willingness of these gentlemen to conduct such a discussion in the presence of a B-H reporter. Perhaps you could shed some light on their motivation for participation. ;)

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Indulto-the only thing I can say is that I think Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish are motivated by a real love of the game. That sounds like BS, but I think it's true.

Indulto
09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Indulto-the only thing I can say is that I think Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish are motivated by a real love of the game. That sounds like BS, but I think it's true.BONC,
Thanks for responding. I don't doubt that's true of Geary and Alfortish, but does the same apply to Daruty and Nathanson?

Please correct me if I'm off-base here, but is there some objective of this conference (from their standpoint) other than to present the image that conflict resolution is underway so that no subsequent action on our part is required?

NoCal Boy
09-12-2007, 04:35 PM
All that I can add is the CA ADW law is genuine and TVG supported it with the others (and this in and of itself is impressive).

This is all good. Alfortish is the real deal as is Couto in CA. They get it. Some may not like their actions, and perhaps some actions are not justified, but they do get it in ADW.

Broadcast exclusivity (TVG or HRTV) makes sense. But wagering and a/v exclusivity on the internet makes no sense. This can be rectified through pricing issues.

Good to see the LA horsemen involved. Now that the CA industry has done its part by getting a good Bill passed, now we turn to Lousiana horsemen who also get it.

Great job.

betchatoo
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Great work BONC. I am looking forward to hearing the result of this conversation. Your hard work and continuous searching for answers is greatly appeciated.

Scav
09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
You should have players involved on this also. Is it possible that their is a number we can dial to listen to this conference call?

Also, why isn't Youbet involved in this. PM me if you need a higher up's information.

JustRalph
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Ralph-great minds think alike-Ryan Conley from Bloodhorse has some kind of steno ability

:ThmbUp:

Maji
09-12-2007, 05:35 PM
:jump:

:ThmbUp:

thanks.

michiken
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I think that Ian from Premier Turf Club should join that conversation.... my 2 cents

boomman
09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
All that I can add is the CA ADW law is genuine and TVG supported it with the others (and this in and of itself is impressive).

This is all good. Alfortish is the real deal as is Couto in CA. They get it. Some may not like their actions, and perhaps some actions are not justified, but they do get it in ADW.

Broadcast exclusivity (TVG or HRTV) makes sense. But wagering and a/v exclusivity on the internet makes no sense. This can be rectified through pricing issues.

Good to see the LA horsemen involved. Now that the CA industry has done its part by getting a good Bill passed, now we turn to Lousiana horsemen who also get it.

Great job.

It has been suggested further in this thread that Ian join this conversation and I hope he does. And even though you and I agree most times on this issue No Cal, we totally disagree that Drew Couto "gets it". He was the one who single handedly kept Ian from getting the signals from CARF and Del Mar,:bang: so I'm sure Ian would welcome a prolonged conversation with him. I do agree with you 100% that Alfortish "gets it" and I compliment BONC on his continued tremendous efforts!:)

Boomer

speedking
09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I know how hard BONC has been working in virtual secrecy to get everyone together and really make this happen. Stop for a minute and think about it...Did anyone think this possible a month ago? That some type of progress could be made this quickly? Just getting the attention of many of these people is a major accomplishment.

I believe that every person who signed the original petition, participated in the buycotts and who has followed the threads in this category all share in this achievement, but BONC has really put over a coup by bringing these people to the conference. You would be surprised at how many people whom you would expect to be on our side have turned a deaf ear.

Thanks and best of luck, BONC! Great work :jump:

PA, thanks for allowing everyone to use your forum to advance this cause :ThmbUp:

speedking

stuball
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Nice work BONC I can only hope whatever resolutions or answers come from
this conference...can somehow be implimented....I am sure there will be some
suits that will balk at any resolutions....did Daruty agree to agree or disagree
with the solutions....How about Woodbine? and others......? Many hands
to shake to get complete agreement....I repeat many...

A tremendous first step to be sure ---but just 1 step...journey is not over..
I may sound like a party pooper but hard to believe it will be that easy to
get complete agreement...hope I am wrong..............

Stuball ;)

speedking
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice work BONC I can only hope whatever resolutions or answers come from
this conference...can somehow be implimented....I am sure there will be some
suits that will balk at any resolutions....did Daruty agree to agree or disagree
with the solutions....How about Woodbine? and others......? Many hands
to shake to get complete agreement....I repeat many...

A tremendous first step to be sure ---but just 1 step...journey is not over..
I may sound like a party pooper but hard to believe it will be that easy to
get complete agreement...hope I am wrong..............

Stuball ;)

It's not that easy, Stuball, far from it, but getting everyone's attention and participation means a lot. I'm not a very diplomatic person, but I realize the importance of hearing all sides and know that this conference will not bring any type of closure to the issues...But...it is great progress :ThmbUp:

speedking

chickenhead
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
fantastic job BONC...look forward to hearing all the details. Please try and get Daruty to explain the rebate limitations.

Thanks!

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Virtual secrecy-did anyone know Speedking has been writing press releases since this began? :)

Everyone thinks this is complex. It's not. Remember the petition.

We demand that all licensed racetracks, simulcast facilities and ADWs
be accorded immediate access to all simulcast signals at rates that are fair and equitable to all, the tracks, the horseman, and the players. Let the customers decide who to reward with their business.

It's simple-sell the signal.
:)

Kelso
09-12-2007, 10:46 PM
ATTABOY BONC in the lead!

(We know TVG/Tracknet won't blind anyone with brilliance ... so don't let 'em get away with trying to hornswoggle you with horseshit. Well done, BONC ... and thank you!)

DJofSD
09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
BONC, excellent work.

Speaking of the petition, where is the Jockey Club in all of this, especially now that you appear to be closely the gap?

betovernetcapper
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Allen Marzelli president of the Jockey Club has publicly called for urgent action. I had occasion to speak with him briefly a few weeks ago and it's my opinion that he wants this over as much as we do.

Murph
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Virtual secrecy-did anyone know Speedking has been writing press releases since this began? :)

:)

I'm not getting press releases. Where are they posted/published?

Murph

DJofSD
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Allen Marzelli president of the Jockey Club has publicly called for urgent action. I had occasion to speak with him briefly a few weeks ago and it's my opinion that he wants this over as much as we do.

A few weeks ago is all well and good. But what about now -- today -- are they actively persuing any action to help resolve the situation? Or are they waiting for other parties like BONC to make things happen?

chickenhead
09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
no update? What have they done with BONC

DJofSD
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
no update? What have they done with BONC

I hope it's not BONC gone bonk.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Something tells me they don't want to scoop whomever is going to write about this for Bloodhorse....but that's just a guess on my part....

rrbauer
09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Something tells me they don't want to scoop whomever is going to write about this for Bloodhorse....but that's just a guess on my part....

Nothing new here. It's the mushroom theory of news management all over again.