PDA

View Full Version : Cramer revisits the Beyer connection

DJofSD
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
As some might already know, Jim Cramer in his 3rd book "Real Money" recommends Andy Beyer's "Picking Winners."

Well, tonight during the A segment, not only does he tease the viewer with 'what is the one book I'd recommend to learn to pick stocks', he actually has a copy on set (which gets the same treatment as his own books) and then says he took a coarse about handicapping where Beyer's book was the text. He even admitted to going to SUF.

Booya!

midnight
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
The last part makes sense to me. If you can beat Suffolk, you can probably beat any track in North America.

Tom
09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Jim Crammer has books out?
Never heard of any.
Where did you see them?

BillW
09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Jim Crammer has books out?
Never heard of any.
Where did you see them?

The dude on CNBC not HDW. :lol:

DJofSD
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I thought Booya was a clue. Sorry.

Tom
09-11-2007, 10:58 PM
The dude on CNBC not HDW. :lol:

D'oh!

stu
09-11-2007, 11:42 PM
As some might already know, Jim Cramer in his 3rd book "Real Money" recommends Andy Beyer's "Picking Winners."

Well, tonight during the A segment, not only does he tease the viewer with 'what is the one book I'd recommend to learn to pick stocks', he actually has a copy on set (which gets the same treatment as his own books) and then says he took a coarse about handicapping where Beyer's book was the text. He even admitted to going to SUF.

Booya!

He often mentions gaming stocks like Wynn and IGT. I never heard a racetrack stock listed. I dare any of you to call in during tomorrow's lightning round and suggest a racetrack company to find our if Jim will say 'House of Pleasure' or 'House of Pain.'

booyah from stuyah!

DJofSD
09-12-2007, 01:50 AM
IGT was a recommeded issue last year. Then it fell out of favor. It's now being recommended again.

No need to call to ask about race track stocks -- don't buy, don't buy.

garyoz
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Beyer and Jim (the TV Star) Cramer both have something in common: A negative ROI. Cramer's well documented in Barron's 3 weeks ago.

cj
09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Beyer and Jim (the TV Star) Cramer both have something in common: A negative ROI. Cramer's well documented in Barron's 3 weeks ago.

Why would you assume Beyer has a negative ROI?

1st time lasix
09-12-2007, 10:11 AM
looking to cramer for stock help is like reading People magazine for your news

NoDayJob
09-12-2007, 12:57 PM
looking to cramer for stock help is like reading People magazine for your news

A stock pickin' guru is about as effective as a horse pickin' guru. :D

garyoz
09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Why would you assume Beyer has a negative ROI?

Didn't he write a whiney article about super trainers and blamed them for him not be able to beat the game? Plus, as you know, all the studies I know of show using Beyers alone results a negative ROI. Isn't that he proposed in that book?

Tom
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I dont think you can use a structured study for that purpose - Beyer uses more than his figs to make his selections, so any study would lack his subjective element.

garyoz
09-12-2007, 01:45 PM
You are right. Plus he did give the cold exacta in the Belmont back in 1984. I bet it and used the proceeds to finance a trip to Italy. I shouldn't diss him.

Tom
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
:lol:

He's working on his new book - Beyer on Vacation!