PDA

View Full Version : PC-IMAC QUESTION

exiles
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi all, thinking of switching to an IMAC and i need some help, will the mac run formulator and other windows programs, any help will be appreciated thanks.

njcurveball
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi all, thinking of switching to an IMAC and i need some help, will the mac run formulator and other windows programs, any help will be appreciated thanks.

What applications are you running on the IMAC? Other than the usual glowing customer satisfaction, what can it do that you cannot do a Windows PC?

kevb
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Exiles, I just bought an iMac along with VMWare which lets me run Windows or Vista. I am currently running Equisim in a Vista (Expensive!) environment. I don't know specifically about Formulator, but I think you would be able to run any Windows program on the iMac if you also get either VMWare or Parallels, or Boot Camp. It's a lot more expensive than buying a PC, but in my opinion, the Mac OS is much much better than Windows.

exiles
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
A lot of people are raving about the imac no viruses, less crashes, and it got me to think about it, i use my pc,mainly for browsing, handicapping, and wagering on line,and i was wandering if i will be able to run formulator, and browse the net.

kevb
09-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I wager on TVG and Xpressbet using either Safari or Firefox in the Mac environment. I switch to Vista to run Equisim. No problems

exiles
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Kevb thank you very much.

kevb
09-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Let me know when you get your iMac,

rrbauer
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I wager on TVG and Xpressbet using either Safari or Firefox in the Mac environment. I switch to Vista to run Equisim. No problems

Thanks for the cross-platform info. Do you know if Youbet's stuff runs on Safari; or, would using Firefox be required for that?

kevb
09-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I used Youbet about 4 or 5 years ago with Safari, but haven't used it lately because I'm in California. I have to correct one thing I said earlier. There is one problem with using TVG on the Mac — lately I get no sound with the race video. I used to get sound and video on both the XpressBet and TVG sites, but some Apple or TVG update has made the sound disappear from TVG race videos. No problems with the wager parts of the sites.