PDA

View Full Version : PRIME POWER STRIKES AGAIN!

JustMissed
12-29-2002, 03:04 PM
Saturday, Tampa Bay Downs, 12/28/2002.

9 of 11 winners came out of the top three TSN Prime Power ratings. An 81.82 win percentage.

Top two mutuels of these winners were Race 2-$14.60 and Race 8-$24.00.

Race 10 was interesting in that the 1st rated PP horse & favorite, Tour of the Cat, was jumping up in the air like a donkey, kicking & had so much kidney sweat it looked like shaving cream but still went off 4-5 and finished off the board. We dropped him for the 2nd rated Prime Power horse which finished 1st and paid $7.40.

I will continue with this method for another week of so. If I am still getting a high percentage of winners out of the top Prime Power horses I may correlate the results with some other factors to be determined.

This is probably not too interesting to the data base players but might be helpful to some of the paper and pencil players.

JustMissed

:)

Doug
12-29-2002, 03:44 PM
PRIME POWER STRIKES AGAIN!
Saturday, Tampa Bay Downs, 12/28/2002.

9 of 11 winners came out of the top three TSN Prime Power ratings. An 81.82 win percentage

I would be interested in comparing test results for next week.

The ratings I use are from Racepicks.com

I don't keep records (I know I should), but I can check them for next week as I have plenty of time then.

Saturday results at Tampa Bay.

1st #4 $6.20 top pick
2nd #5 $14.20 out
3rd #4 $5.60 top pick
4th #4 $6.20 top pick (after scratch)
5th #5 $5.00 3rd pick
6th #4 $3.60 2nd pick
7th #3 $3.20 top pick
8th #1 $24.00 3rd pick
9th #10 $17.80 top pick (after scratch)
10th #2 $7.40 4th pick
11th #5 $33.80 out

Doug

Tom
12-29-2002, 05:52 PM
What is the IRL for racepicks?
racepicks.com doens't work.
Thanks

Doug
12-29-2002, 08:30 PM
TOM,

Racingpicks.com

Doug

Fastracehorse
12-29-2002, 09:00 PM
9 of 11 winners came out of the top three TSN Prime Power ratings. An 81.82 win percentage.

Isn't that still a negative ROI??

It would cost $66 to bet all top 3 selections to win.

fffastt

JimG
12-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Fastracehorse

fffastt

No it isn't

Fastracehorse
12-29-2002, 09:41 PM

fffastt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No it isn't

Well it is barely +.

What's the point of Prime Power??

Are U suggesting it is good based on today's results??

fffastt

BillW
12-29-2002, 10:18 PM
Do you require your contender list to produce a positive ROI? Wouldn't that be a play list?

formula_2002
12-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Justmissed, i'm a little confused.
You are not talking about the BRIS Prime Power ratings, rather
TSN rating that you aquired from racingpicks.com.
Is that correct?

If so they are quiet different form the Bris Prime Power ratings.

Unless ofcourse they are using different pace lines..

Thanks
Joe M

Doug
12-29-2002, 11:25 PM
Formula2002,

The racingpicks.com are different than the Bris Prime Power.

I (Doug) posted the racingpicks.com results for Tampa Bay to compare them with the Bris Prime Power picks.

I would like to check over a week or so which does better.

Doug

Fastracehorse
12-29-2002, 11:57 PM
Do you require your contender list to produce a positive ROI? Wouldn't that be a play list?

Bill,

Now U are getting downright silly.

That type of ROI is not useful.

fffastt

Doug
12-30-2002, 12:04 AM
FAST WROTE,

Bill,

Now U are getting downright silly.

That type of ROI is not useful.

fffastt

Fast,

3I believe you are the one that came up with the ROI business. Just Missed was trying to show the % of winners from a # of contenders. Before you call somebody silly, you should check out where you are coming from.

Doug

Fastracehorse
12-30-2002, 12:15 AM
Fast,

3I believe you are the one that came up with the ROI business. Just Missed was trying to show the % of winners from a # of contenders. Before you call somebody silly, you should check out where you are coming from.

Doug

Where I am coming from??

Well I'm not coming from Sillyville like U and Bill.

BTW,

Don't understate facts.

It makes U look like the Mayor of Sillyville.

Doug
12-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Fast wrote,

Doug

Where I am coming from??

Well I'm not coming from Sillyville like U and Bill.

BTW,

Don't understate facts.

It makes U look like the Mayor of Sillyville

Sillyville??????????

Tom
12-30-2002, 09:33 AM
I am not fffromm Sillyville, but I don't see how you get any knid of ROI out of a win percent?
Maybe they left that chapter out offfff my math book?
How about a little comparison of how those adjusted beyers did over the same sssamplee?
Or a picure of the ccclonee that no one has seen, either?

HHHappyyy NU YYYearrr!

BillW
12-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I am not fffromm Sillyville, but I don't see how you get any knid of ROI out of a win percent?
Maybe they left that chapter out offfff my math book?
How about a little comparison of how those adjusted beyers did over the same sssamplee?
Or a picure of the ccclonee that no one has seen, either?

HHHappyyy NU YYYearrr!

Lil cold up there ehh Tom? :)

That was my exact point. FRH, if you see something wrong with what JM is doing why not offer a different approach. Stating that his contender list doesn't produce a positive ROI only serves to confuse as it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Bill

JustMissed
12-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Great idea Doug. I may post the TSN Prime Power results daily so I want have too do to much at one time.

I failed to mention that Saturday, the two races that TNS did not have the winner in the top three PP rankings were Race 9(Turf) & Race 11(MC for 2yo).

I did not bet the 11th, missed the 9th and one other race. I only played win bets on one horse except the 2nd race where I dutched the 1 & 5. The 5 won paying $14.60, the 1 ran second.

If you have a chance would you check out the #10 horse in the 9th race. You show him as #1 Prime Power whereas my TSN PP ranking is 12th at 85.7. He has won only 4 of 20 with a MLO of 15-1. The trainer/jockey stats do look good and he has some back late pace, with a great workout 12/24, but the PP's just don't match up.

If your program can pick a 15-1 MLO as #1 and it Wins, maybe you should keep it a SECRET???

Let me hear from you.

Thanks,

JustMissed
:)