PDA

View Full Version : New Software-Insider Angles!

Maxspa
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
All,
Just to make handicappers aware, especially software junkies like me, there is a new software called "Insider Angles" version 1.0. At this point in time, the type of races it is able to handicap successfully is "Claiming Sprints". I believe the software gurus will add other types of races as updates some time in the future!
Today they sent out software demos to interested handicappers that will work for 7 handicapping days. The official software release will be on September 15th. There is no information at this time in regard to price!
The group has a web site and IMHO this site is in its beginning stages as well!You can access this site at www. insidernetworkmd.com
As always, I'm giving PA members information about what's new and have no affiliation whatsoever with the group!
Maxspa

midnight
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
The address is actually www.insidernetworkrnd.com (*RND.COM, which, in lower-case, does look a lot like *MD.COM).

Maxspa
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Midnight,
Thanks for correcting the web site error!
Maxspa

Maxspa
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
All,
I'm currently processing the fourth day of the seven day trial! At this point in time, I can give you some opinions on the software.
First of all, the software works very smoothly. Upon opening the software, the user can download files, get scratches and obtain results with a click of your mouse. The program can use the following files:BRIS DRF single, Multicap. Procap and TSN. Is there a file that works best? I'm using BRIS DRF single Files and would have to ask the developers that question, if I was going to use this software on an everyday basis. File cost for my review is $4.00 per day but TSN files would allow the user to download several tracks
at a considerable savings.
I've downloaded four tracks each day and have found approximately 4 races per day that fit the claiming sprint requirement. How you interpret the software reports could be different for each handicapper! I've read the software's suggestions and have come up with a consistent pattern for race selections. I've limited the race selections to a maximum of two choices but there is often only one per race.
It has made a profit each of the three days. However, the profit is $.40,
$.20 and $1.20 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday respectively. This is for $2.00 bets.
Maxspa

BETKING
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Excellent report Maxspa!! We need more investigations of new software. This would save all of us a lot of money.

Vigors
09-14-2007, 12:47 PM
I just downloaded the program, however it does't work: the reason which
come's up is : " Application has generated an exception that could not be
handled. Process ID=0x464 (1124), Thread ID=0xfb8 (4024).

Any suggestion's ??

After hitting "Retry", another warning appear's :

" No registered JIT debugger was specified. "
"Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually "

Vigors
09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
All it needed was a free Microsoft download : Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0

John
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Excellent report Maxspa!! We need more investigations of new software. This would save all of us a lot of money.

Yeah , Maxspa , He is someting special. He Hates to see horse players get burned. He has offen bought software out of pocket and then told all of us the good and the bad. He is some kind of a guy.

:) :) :)

Handiman
09-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Max has looked at a couple of my software ventures in the past, and was a complete gentleman in his response and suggestions. I have the utmost respect for him. He is definitely one of the gems on this site!

Handi :ThmbUp:

midnight
09-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I downloaded the program. Even after viewing the video help file, I still don't understand what the ##% columns are about. I get the idea that the percentages are supposed to add up to the column header total, but I don't understand why a horse's chance of winning would increase just because the user decided to go with a different column of total win percentage.

For example, in the 80% total win column, all five horses have a 16% chance of winning. If the user chooses the 70% column, the horses' chances go down to 14%. That's understandable, as the user may only feel that the five horses have a combined 70% chance of winning. Moving over to the 30% column gives one horse a 30% chance of winning. Why would one horse's probability almost double?

The other problem that I have is that every horse that the program deems a contender has the same exact probability of winning as every other contender.

Perhaps I'm missing a setting on the program, but I'd want an answer to both of those issues before I considered purchasing this.

Maxspa
09-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Midnight,
I have downloaded 9 tracks and will have 22 possible race selections today!
This is my Screen approach which may not be the best way to use the program! I start from the left on the screen and will select the horses around the fifty or forty % bracket, if the horses have sorted themselves out and only one or two remain. A second possibility I use is when only two horses have percentages all the way across the matrix, then I consider both bettable possibilities using a flat bet dutch.
Max

punteray
09-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Maxpa!!!

How did the 9 tracks and 22 possible race selections work out?

Punteray

Speed, I know! Horses, I'm not so sure!

Maxspa
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
PunterRay + All,
The software worked well! There was one glitch. The software developers notified users promptly (A good sign) and corrected the problem ASAP! My gut feeling tells me that the software and the web site needed more development, but perhaps they need to recover some investment monies to go on to step 2 Claiming routes. The software is being sold for $99.00 a reasonable price!
There are many ways to interpret the data produced by the program.
A recent look at the web site indicated a couple of $50.00 payoffs and the development of a video to help with strategy development. I for one need that help because I didn't see those winners with my approach.
I used the following tracks:
Belmont- very few races qualified
Calder
Delaware
Finger Lakes
Laurel
Meadowlands
Philadelphia Park
Suffolk Downs

With the above statements in mind my results using the program are as follows:

73 plays - 10 winners
loss- -$52.40

Maxspa

P.S. PunterRay
On the day you requested feedback, there were 25 plays at $2.00
with 4 winners totalling $33.60. Loss for the day -$16.40

John
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks Max

As usual ,A very detailed workout. good job Max, I think all vendors should send Max a copy of their software for valuation. Max, gives a good honest worlout in deed.
:) :) :)

jk3521
09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Has anyone had any luck in using Insider Angles?

Maxspa
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
All,
Information for those handicappers who are using or considering using "Insider" software.
There is an update 1.1 that includes a New Dutching Feature!
A new Dutching video is available for familiarizing the users with the above feature.
Update 1.2 "Claiming Routes" will be issued in about a month or so!
Maxspa