PDA

View Full Version : That economy sure did turn fast!

wonatthewire1
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
A little analysis of this past Friday's job report...

http://tinyurl.com/2pmpqa

Storm clouds

Secretariat
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
A little analysis of this past Friday's job report...

http://tinyurl.com/2pmpqa

Storm clouds

Must be Clinton. :bang: :bang: :bang:

DJofSD
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
The so called participation rate is not new to me. But as a factual matter when did the government (BLS, OMB, or any alphabet soup agency) begin to stop counting people that are considered long term unemployed?

o0xst!
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
read Norton Garfinkel's "The American Dream vs. The Gospel of Wealth" there you will find all the answers.

Tom
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Dems back from vacation.

JustRalph
09-10-2007, 11:11 PM
my spyware alarm goes haywire at the link...............fyi

OTM Al
09-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Long term unemployed have never been counted. Only ones counted are those considered actively looking for work.

o0xst!
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I just got laid off and my job offshored to Singapore!!! Oh well, at least it lead me to discover the track and meet you fine humanitarians!!!

Tom
09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Are you sure they moved overseas and not just to the other side of town?

skate
09-11-2007, 05:43 PM
1) did they pass the minimum wage increase?

2) did they pass any of their tax increases?

3) And, are we going to get a big adjustment on the employment figure?

:eek:

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Are you sure they moved overseas and not just to the other side of town?Now THAT was funny! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM

I say, blame it on the Democratically controlled US Congress. They should be doing something to avoid this kind of trouble. :rolleyes:

Secretariat
09-12-2007, 01:04 AM
I say, blame it on the Democratically controlled US Congress. They should be doing something to avoid this kind of trouble. :rolleyes:

There you go...I knew it had to be the Dem's fault. :lol:

o0xst!
09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
having spent the first 18 yrs of my life in the soviet union, I can say that this place (this msg board) reminds me a lot of the mother country...NEVER fault the system but go ahead and rant and rave about one faction or the other...you guys are silly.

There you go...I knew it had to be the Dem's fault. :lol:

IBCNU
09-12-2007, 11:34 PM
The economy took a nasty turn because of the sub prime meltdown that cascaded into other sectors of our economy. Credit was too easy. Can't blame this one on our inept polititians.

Gibbon
09-13-2007, 12:14 AM
having spent the first 18 yrs of my life in the soviet union.... Perhaps if you move back right NOW - you may witness just how great a nation America truly is. A beacon of light, personal and economic freedoms unparalleled in human history. Today Vlad “the impaler” Putin exercised his dictatorial powers by dissolving Russia's govt. No joke! Google news, Yahoo news for more.

Gibbon
09-13-2007, 12:35 AM
....They should be doing something to avoid this kind of trouble. Precisely who are they? Minimum wage employees took out $250/300K mortgages and naturally could not maintain their homes. You gamble and lose don't cry for govt to play stepdad.

Our economy is fabulous with one immediate exception. Oil closed nearly $80.00 a barrel today. Black gold and energy in general is a primary concern to our GROWING economy. We desperately need Nuclear energy resources now. Japan, France, China, India are all building Nuclear reactors based on stolen US design. While other nations are making an attempt to ween of off oil, we support feudalism in Saudi Arabia.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2007, 03:26 AM
Precisely who are they? Minimum wage employees took out $250/300K mortgages and naturally could not maintain their homes. You gamble and lose don't cry for govt to play stepdad. I was mocking those who made similar complaints/demands when Republicans controlled Congress. As if everything is the fault of, or can be solved by, the President/Congress.