PDA

View Full Version : MoveOn.Org's new ad in the New York Times

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
On Monday, MoveOn.Org – the Democratic anti-war group – has taken out a full page advertisement in the New York Times which says: “General Petraeus or General Betray Us?”

I found the above in an online article in the Financial Times. Dontcha just love a group that will pull a stunt like that BEFORE the General even makes his remarks before Congress?

This attempt to influence opinion before Petraeus makes his report shows the deep contempt the far left has for the U.S. military.

Too bad they didn't include a still shot from the new Brian De Palma movie in that NYT advertisement...that would have really brought the message home! :lol:

lsbets
09-09-2007, 04:52 PM
No one should be surprised. It was a fairly predictable tactic, which I would hope backfires. They don't like what they expect the commander on the ground to say, so they need to demonize him by linking him to Bush.

JustRalph
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Biden has already done the General in...........

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Speaking of Biden, how does one reconcile this quote of his?

Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware, a Democratic presidential hopeful, also defended General Petraeus, saying: “This is an honorable guy. He’s telling the truth,” but adding that “this administration’s policy and the surge are a failure.”If Biden thinks that Petraeus is an honorable guy, and that he's telling the truth, how can Biden conclude that the surge is a failure?

o0xst!
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Could have something to do with them knowing that anyone who says anything negative is pretty much taken in the proverbial back alley and gets their brains blown out...like the folks that had the plan for post war Iraq but didnt like Chalabi so they were sent away, and all the work was flushed down the toiled...

Tom
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
You have to look at who is Bin Laden's target audience is. Certainly not the right wings. His crap is targeted to an audience of dimwited, thinking challenged, skulls-full-of-mush who would believe anything, carte-balnc, with no evidence. Peo;le so lacking in intelligence and character as to believe a camel-humping mad man who lives in a cave out of fear.
Now, if only we could figure out who that audience might be, we could.......hmmmmm. Boggles the mind.

Lefty
09-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Biden has already done the General in...........

So has Schumer and another idiot whose name escapes me, but he's a dimDem

o0xst!
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/fashionquote/hemingway2k3.jpg

You have to look at who is Bin Laden's target audience is. Certainly not the right wings. His crap is targeted to an audience of dimwited, thinking challenged, skulls-full-of-mush who would believe anything, carte-balnc, with no evidence. Peo;le so lacking in intelligence and character as to believe a camel-humping mad man who lives in a cave out of fear.
Now, if only we could figure out who that audience might be, we could.......hmmmmm. Boggles the mind.