46zilzal
09-09-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/sports/othersports/08carter.html?ref=sports

DJofSD
09-09-2007, 11:44 AM
An icon passes.

john del riccio
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
""Henry Kuck Speed, Pace, and Class Figures are the most accurate and comprehensive I have ever seen. Henry Kuck is the best speed handicapper I know, or have even heard of". Tom Ainslie , author of The complete guide to Thoroughbred Racing.

It is a sad day for me as I knew both Tom & Henry and they along with my father, who is also no longer with me, introduced me to this game.

I think I'll take the rest of the day off.

John

classhandicapper
09-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Some of the past icons of handicapping don't get the credit they deserve from modern handicappers because the sport has changed so much and so many bright people have built upon their work. Tom Ainslie surely deserves to be at the head of the class for giving modern handicappers the framework for understanding and beating this game. He made a great contribution to the sport.

JPinMaryland
09-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Is that an Ainslie book that provides a sort of a compendium of many handicapping systems? I have leafed through it and its impressive.

mmarkon
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Tom Ainslie once came to a Sartin seminar I attended. Very nice man, friendly, willing to help.
I think lots of his stuff is still very valid, and is the basis for much of the stuff that is out there today.

Cratos
09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Some of the past icons of handicapping don't get the credit they deserve from modern handicappers because the sport has changed so much and so many bright people have built upon their work. Tom Ainslie surely deserves to be at the head of the class for giving modern handicappers the framework for understanding and beating this game. He made a great contribution to the sport.

Classhandicapper, your words are true to point. Ainslie brought an intellect to the game of handicapping that was never seen before and hasn’t been seen afterwards.