PDA

View Full Version : HRTV Question

bkeefe
09-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I was wondering how other peoples cable companies handle HRTV. I have comcast and they start the HRTV broadcast at 12 noon and shut it off promptly at 12 midnight, sometimes in the middle of a race.

Comcast doesn't even list what shows are going to be on. TVG has it all broken up into what shows and replays will be on, which is nice because I can DVR them.

I noticed some satelitte providers say they offer 16 or 18 hours of racing. I was just wondering if that is true. I wish comcast would offer the full service HRTV for what I pay them every month.

Tom
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Dishnetwork carries both HRTV and TVG.

Full schedule and time of HRTV is on thier webpage.

levinmpa
09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Verizon FIOS. Both channels are on 24/7. TVG on channel 315. HRTV on channel 316.

kitts
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Nevada folks get HRTV with Dish Network and DirecTV but it is not offered by my cable provider, Cox, who does give us TVG. I have heard that TVG pays cable providers better than HRTV does to carry signal

thespaah
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I have Dish...Both HRTV and TVG are part of their basic channel package

Blackiee
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Does TVG & HRTV show race relays of most of the tracks? I sure would rather DVR the races replays than watch them on brisnet or calracing.

bkeefe
09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Well apparently after my months of complaining Comcast listened. They now are showing HRTV past midnight. I turned it on at 1 am and to my surprise Austrilian racing was on.

However my dvr is goofy and I have no audio on HRTV, hopefully that will change tomorrow.

JustRalph
09-14-2007, 01:32 AM
However my dvr is goofy and I have no audio on HRTV, hopefully that will change tomorrow.

Sounds like the perfect setup for HRTV :lol:

speedking
09-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Verizon FIOS. Both channels are on 24/7. TVG on channel 315. HRTV on channel 316.

levinmpa, what is your overall opinion of FIOS. It's still a few months away from my area just north of Philly, but my DSL service has slowed down significantly over the last couple weeks and I've had enough of Verizon. ( The company who cancelled my unlimited mobile broadband service for overuse :bang: )

speedking

levinmpa
09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Speedking. I highly recommend FIOS. The basic internet is a blazing fast 5Mbs down/2Mbs up, although faster connections are available. The TV service is awesome. I previously had Directv, and thought it had a great picture. FIOS is even better. I don't have HD, but the SD picture is the best available. I have been hooked up since March, and have not had any problems with the TV service. It's been perfect. I have to pay an extra $8 per month to get the TVG/HRTV package, but with the Triple Play bundle, I'm still paying less than I would have been paying with Directv, and Internet/Phone seperately. Plus Directv does not get HRTV. FIOS also includes Philly Comcast Sportsnet, which Directv never had.

speedking
09-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Speedking. I highly recommend FIOS. The basic internet is a blazing fast 5Mbs down/2Mbs up, although faster connections are available. The TV service is awesome. I previously had Directv, and thought it had a great picture. FIOS is even better. I don't have HD, but the SD picture is the best available. I have been hooked up since March, and have not had any problems with the TV service. It's been perfect. I have to pay an extra $8 per month to get the TVG/HRTV package, but with the Triple Play bundle, I'm still paying less than I would have been paying with Directv, and Internet/Phone seperately. Plus Directv does not get HRTV. FIOS also includes Philly Comcast Sportsnet, which Directv never had.

Thanks very much for the info, levinmpa. I'll hang in there until they wire my neighborhood.

speedking

levinmpa
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Speedking. I forgot to mention that Philly Park's Phonebet TV channel is not on FIOS TV. I don't know if there are any plans to add it. It would be nice to have.