PDA

View Full Version : Attempted savagery in Belmont's 1st

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2007, 02:16 AM
I thought this was pretty funny. Check out the replays of Belmont's first race Friday (9/7) at calracing.com (the head on is the best angle). In order to get the Belmont replay, do a search on this horse: Tactical Gold

Watch Tactical Gold try and bite Wood Winner's butt right before the finish line as Wood Winner comes out on him.....hilarious!

BTW, calracing.com rocks!

DJofSD
09-08-2007, 02:19 AM
I recall a race at SAX down the hill where there's a ding-dong battle between two leaders and one of them attempts to savage the other -- while running flat out to the wire.

BillW
09-08-2007, 02:48 AM
I thought this was pretty funny. Check out the replays of Belmont's first race Friday (9/7) at calracing.com (the head on is the best angle). In order to get the Belmont replay, do a search on this horse: Tactical Gold

Watch Tactical Gold try and bite Wood Winner's butt right before the finish line as Wood Winner comes out on him.....hilarious!

That was great! If you can't beat 'em ...... eat 'em :lol: :lol:

bigmack
09-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Outstanding moxie. Thanks for the heads-up on that clip. :ThmbUp:

Speaking of BEL today, nary a 6 of 6 tick with that amount of chalk and near chalk dust?

Tom
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
:lol:

You know that old saying, "I can't define CLASS but I know it when I see it."
Well, that was CLASS!

This has got to be picked as a commercial for YUM BRANDS!:lol:

DerbyTrail
09-12-2007, 01:38 PM

PA..

Little update... That wasn't an "attempt"... it was a success. Tactical Gold DID BITE Wood Winner on the hind.. Had to be cleaned and dressed by Team Sciacca as it was a bit of a mess after the race and Saturday morning...

My favorite savagery story comes from the comments in the PP's from a horse in NY a few years ago whose name I forget... But in his racelines, it had comments like "Repeatedly savaged rival", "Attempted savage stretch", "Lunged at foe repeatedly"... Must have had 4-5 'attempted savage' comments in his PP's...

gillenr
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Who was it in the BC - Gato Del Sol or Gate Dancer - tried the same trick?

46zilzal
09-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Who was it in the BC - Gato Del Sol or Gate Dancer - tried the same trick?
the latter but it was drifting not savaging. The hooded wonder.

46zilzal
09-12-2007, 01:54 PM
savaging defined.

joanied
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
:) Could one of you be so kind as to add the links :ThmbUp: to see these video clips of the 'savage' horses.....
I wanna :jump: see them !!!!!

Thanks

(I have a framed print of the gret photo of Master Derby called 'The Savage'...I love that photo!!)

DerbyTrail
09-12-2007, 02:18 PM
(I have a framed print of the great photo of Master Derby called 'The Savage'...I love that photo!!)
Joanie,

That's not Master Derby being savaged by Great Prospector in Bob Coglianese's award-winning photo.. it's GOLDEN DERBY. The 1980 Tremont.
Jorge Velasquez, who was on Great Prospector, says he would have won the race had the colt not gone after Golden Derby... (Lord Avie was third in that race by the way..)

Dan Montilion
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I've been savaged on many occasions at the track.

bigmack
09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Trivia: Who was aboard Golden Derby & Lord Avie in that '80 Tremont?

KirisClown
09-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Here's one that loved to savage other runners... Let GoodTimes Roll..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mKLhDW6iKY

jotb
09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Trivia: Who was aboard Golden Derby & Lord Avie in that '80 Tremont?

Darrel McHargue and Jerry Bailey

Joe

joanied
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Kiri's Clown,

Thanks for that video clip...great stuff!!
I swear, I could spend all day for a week looking at the race clips at youtube.

I suppose you were a fan of Kiri's Clown....me too. He is the spittin' image of his daddy, and when I watched Kiri race, I saw Foolish Pleasure. Kiri's Clown made him proud...he was a hell of a race horse.
You may or may not know this...but just in case, you might be happy to know that Kiri's Clown is living the good life at 'Old Friends'....he's doing great.
www.oldfriendsequine.org (http://www.oldfriendsequine.org)

:) :) :) PS...Have you heard anything on Beautiful Pleasure? She also looked like Foolish... I wonder how many foals she's had, how they are doing and how is she doing? She was such a Champion!!!

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2007, 02:50 AM
PA..

Little update... That wasn't an "attempt"... it was a success. Tactical Gold DID BITE Wood Winner on the hind.. Had to be cleaned and dressed by Team Sciacca as it was a bit of a mess after the race and Saturday morning... Ouch! It didn't look like he got him from the replay, but then again, I was relying on Internet quality video. Thanks for the update!

joanied
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Say, can someone either add the link to see the video of Tactical Gold bite:eek: butt or tell me where to do the search for the clip?
Thanks
:)

jognlope
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I couldn't get Belmont track on calracing

I did look at Belmont site replay and saw it, funny!

cj's dad
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Now I know what Mike Tyson is doing now that he's out of boxing:eek:

racefinder2
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks - And now, having too much time on my hands.....

I guess he really wanted a taste of success...

I thought it was common courtesy to wait until after the race to get something to eat....

DJofSD
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Obviously, he was in a hurry and was just looking for a quick snack. You know, something to nibble on until he could sit down to a full meal.

joanied
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
jognlope,
You don't realize it...but you gave me the place to see that clip of Tactical Gold's butt :lol: bite at the finish...
thanks!!!
:)

toetoe
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
He's got a montilion of 'em. Ah-ch-ch-ch-cha.

Say,

If JLo bears in on me during the Battle of the Film Stars/Internet Nobodies, will I be allowed to, y'know, savage her, y'know, flanks 'n' stuff ? :blush:

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I couldn't get Belmont track on calracing

You CAN get Belmont on calracing, but you must first search by HORSE NAME....do a search on Tactical Gold....

You can search by Date, Track or Horse. Belmont is only available when doing a HORSE search....

WJ47
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
I used to own a mare who was a real savage. She was a beauty, but so ill-tempered! She'd savage suddenly for no apparent reason at all. Once I was pouring some feed in her bucket and she nuzzled me lovingly, then a minute later reached down and bit my foot real hard! I couldn't walk for a week! :( She wasn't a horse you'd want to turn your back on unless you desired to have your scalp ripped off. She eventually got so savage with other horses that she killed another mare in the pasture. She bit the mare, started a fight, and kicked her in just the right spot, breaking her leg. The other mare had to be euthanized. It was really a freak accident sort of thing because there were paddock fights alot of the time without injury, but after that we realized that she couldn't be put out with other mares anymore. We sold her to a family who didn't own any other horses and she went on to become pretty successful on the show circuit in our area. I often wonder if that she-devil is still alive, she was a 7 year old when I sold her 16 years ago.

Whenever I see some savagery on the race track, I think of her. With thoroughbreds as high strung as they are, I'm suprised there isn't more "in-race" savagery going on.

cj's dad
09-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Now there was a biter - Preakness week '92 - nearly took a hot walkers arm off with a vicious bite as the HW walked past CL's stall. BTW - anyone know what happened with Shelley Riley??

BIG RED
09-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I guess TG was a sore loser, @ 4/5 :D

That horse goes full thrust to take a chunk out!