PDA

View Full Version : TSN files

chrisl
09-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello: I use Equisim as part of my handicapping process. I just switched to the tsn files, to save some $ and see if there was a difference. I noticed that they do not have beyer numbers in there past performances. Maybe I am using the wrong ones? Any help thank you

Tom
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Only DRF has Beyers. Bris and TSN have thier own, as does Post Time daily, TrackMaster, etc.

chrisl
09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Where are they located on the pp's of tsn? Thank you Chrisl

chrisl
09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Where they should be with the pars are all 0 (0). The files I am using are called past performance data files?

trying2win
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Chris:

Try this link to the TSN HORSE samples page:

http://www.tsnhorse.com/cgi-bin/HTML/products.html

--Once you're at their site for this page, scroll down till you get to the line...PREMIUM PAST PERFORMANCES and click on that. The key is to look for the intials 'SPD' in the headings in any example race they have there.
That is of course TSN HORSE'S own speed rating....and not the Beyer speed rating.

T2W

DanG
09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I just switched to the tsn files, to save some $ and see if there was a difference. Maybe I am using the wrong ones?
Yes, you should be using HDW… ;)

Just kidding; (sort of) best of luck. :)

JimG
09-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Hello: I use Equisim as part of my handicapping process. I just switched to the tsn files, to save some $ and see if there was a difference. I noticed that they do not have beyer numbers in there past performances. Maybe I am using the wrong ones? Any help thank you

TSN files have TSN speed ratings and Bris files have a unique Bris speed rating. TSN 50 cent files do not have a prime power number.

With repect to Equisim, do not mix the file formats in your database. Also, you may want to look at the Equisim board and read some old posts by hdcper, Will, and baravot wherein they did some comparisons of the bris and tsn files and their performance using the simulator and profiler. The posts are late 2002, early 2003 as I recall.

Jim