PDA

View Full Version : snake venom at Keeneland

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Patrick Biancone last year was caught having totally illegal snake venom at Keeneland racetrack to block nerves and was suspended 15 days for others.
Stall applications were due in August 31, and Keeneland is refusing to tell me how many free stalls Biancone applied for.
Please email Rogers Beasely Director of Racing at Rbeasely@keeneland.com and tell him to deny stalls to Biancone and other cheaters. Thank you.

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Correct email address is:
RBeasley@keeneland.com.

Ron
09-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Do you have something personal against Biancone?

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I personally do not like multiple cheaters. Since finding of the snake venom, he has been found in violation of other drug rules at Ky and Ca. IMHO he will just keep on cheating and putting horses at risk as long as he is training horses, and is obviously more than willing to keep cheating and taking his 15-day KY suspension and his Ca SUSPENDED suspension, as per PA's hamepage.
So I have no problem advocating Keeneland reducing his allotment of stalls by some level, at the same track where the snake venom was found; do you?

njcurveball
09-07-2007, 03:46 PM
So I have no problem advocating Keeneland reducing his allotment of stalls by some level, at the same track where the snake venom was found; do you?

Great idea! No Scott Lake, No Cole Norman, No Steve Asmussen, et al.

NOW what do you do when all the same horses come into race under the name of the Assistant trainers?

joeya
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe Biancone has stabled his entire operation at Keeneland for the last year (somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 horses, give or take), so I don't think he needs to apply for stalls for the upcoming meet.

I did read an article today stating that Biancone would be allowed access to the sales pavilion during the upcoming Keeneland sale, but not anywhere where his horses are stabled.

"Although the ruling stipulates that during the suspension Biancone "is denied the privileges of all facilities under the jurisdiction" of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, he will be allowed to attend Keeneland's September yearling sale, which begins Monday, KHRA executive director Lisa Underwood confirmed.

For years the KHRA and its predecessor, the Kentucky Racing Commission, have allowed trainers under suspension to be on Keeneland property for its sales, even though it also is a racetrack and regulated training facility. In virtually every other instance, a person under suspension cannot be on racetrack property, even if the track is not racing live.

"He can go to the sales pavilion, and he can go to barns to inspect horses," Underwood said Wednesday. "He will not have any horses where the sales horses are.

"We didn't want to penalize Keeneland or the consignors. Frankly, if the sale had been held at Fasig-Tipton or somewhere else it wouldn't have been an issue. … The way we look at it is we do not regulate the sales."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/SPORTS08/709070481/1002/SPORTS

Tom
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, I agree with Ken - start letting track know we are fed with bottom feeding cheaters being treated like great trainers. Call a crook a crook.
I emeailed, Ken.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

NJ....just my approach, but I would not bet any race any day with anyone's money. It is a beautiful palce ....to bet simulacast, but I do not consider KEE a races track, and ignore any races run there as not releated to anything.

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Biancone's suspension is for 15 DAYS only!

I believe Biancone has stabled his entire operation at Keeneland for the last year (somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 horses, give or take), so I don't think he needs to apply for stalls for the upcoming meet.

I did read an article today stating that Biancone would be allowed access to the sales pavilion during the upcoming Keeneland sale, but not anywhere where his horses are stabled.

"Although the ruling stipulates that during the suspension Biancone "is denied the privileges of all facilities under the jurisdiction" of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, he will be allowed to attend Keeneland's September yearling sale, which begins Monday, KHRA executive director Lisa Underwood confirmed.

For years the KHRA and its predecessor, the Kentucky Racing Commission, have allowed trainers under suspension to be on Keeneland property for its sales, even though it also is a racetrack and regulated training facility. In virtually every other instance, a person under suspension cannot be on racetrack property, even if the track is not racing live.

"He can go to the sales pavilion, and he can go to barns to inspect horses," Underwood said Wednesday. "He will not have any horses where the sales horses are.

"We didn't want to penalize Keeneland or the consignors. Frankly, if the sale had been held at Fasig-Tipton or somewhere else it wouldn't have been an issue. … The way we look at it is we do not regulate the sales."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/SPORTS08/709070481/1002/SPORTS

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Great idea! No Scott Lake, No Cole Norman, No Steve Asmussen, et al.

NOW what do you do when all the same horses come into race under the name of the Assistant trainers?
Using assistant trainers is one thing that makes punishment uneven.
Denying 50% of stalls regardless of the size of the trainer's stable is a solution. That would mean Biancone would pay to stable 37.5 of his horses away from the track they are going to be racing at. Freebies and conveniece would be over. If you owned a Biacone trainee, would you want your horse to be one of the 50$ stables off-grounds?
In addition, trainers would lose 50% of office and employee living quarter space. Good luck to any that have to get hotels at Saratoga!!
The other 2 ideas are to fine cheating trainers and their owner 50% of the 1st place purse for the race they got caught cheating in, regardless of finish position. That means a $50k race the triner and owner each get fines $15k. Cheat in a stakes race and you could be out of business!!
The last idea is to penalize each horse racing the next meet on the circuit 2lbs for each violation. If Biancone's horse at CD was caught with 2 drug violations, 4lbs more to carry.
You may think I want harsh penalties for nothing violations; but keep in mind that Biancone is as of today "convicted" and on suspension and probation for OTHER drugs in 2c states, and the Keeneland investigation is for a drug (Cobra venom) whose purpose it is to kill small animals by paralyzingthe nervous system, and in humans and this case horses to shut off pain by shutting off the nerves.
For thoise who may wonder why Baze's horse was still running on a broken leg, consider that Ca tests for over 300 drugs, many of which are legal painkillers. In spite of allegations that Thoroughbreds love ruinning so much they will run on broken legs like they do not notice anything is wrong, maybe they don't!

kenwoodallpromos
09-07-2007, 08:30 PM
"PRICE LIST FOR LYOPHILIZED (FREEZE DRIED) SNAKE VENOM

SPECIES KNOWN AS US$ PRICE PER GRAM

Aspidelaps scutatus Shield Nose Snake 1 800.00

Atheris superciliaris Swamp Viper 2 000.00

Bitis arietans Puff Adder 180.00

Bitis caudalis Horned Adder 1 500.00

Bitis gabonica Gaboon Adder 210.00

Bitis gabonica rhinoceros West African Gaboon Adder 210.00

Causus rhombeatus Night Adder 230.00

Dendroaspis angusticeps Green Mamba 510.00

Dendroaspis polylepis Black Mamba 495.00

Dendroaspis jamesoni Jameson's Mamba 850.00

Dendroaspis viridis West African Green Mamba 1 010.00

Dispholidus typus Boomslang 2 400.00

Hemachatus Haemachatus Rinkhals 370.00

Naja haje annulifera Snouted Cobra 190.00

Naja melanoleuca Forest Cobra 190.00

Naja mossambica Mozambique Spitting Cobra 200.00

Naja nivea Cape Cobra 425.00

Naja naja kaouthia Monocle Cobra 100.00

Naja haje haje Egyptian Cobra 245.00

Naja nigricollis Black-necked Spitting Cobra 200.00

Rhamphiophis oxyrhynchus Rufous Beaked Snake 2 000.00

Trimerusurus okinawnesis Okinawa Habu 250.00

N.B Certificate of origin available on request at $50.00 per certificate.

Anti snake bite serum prices available on request. Polyvalent for most African snakes, monovalent for Echis and Boomslang.

Cape Cobra (Naja nivea) - (yellow phase) - in a passive position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cape Cobra (Naja nivea) - in a striking position.

©2002 – 2006 SA Venom Suppliers CC"

Robert Fischer
09-07-2007, 09:20 PM
"PRICE LIST FOR LYOPHILIZED (FREEZE DRIED) SNAKE VENOM

SPECIES KNOWN AS US$ PRICE PER GRAM

Aspidelaps scutatus Shield Nose Snake 1 800.00

Looks like we're in the wrong business!

Tom
09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
The big question is, did PB buy the snake venom, or did he just "milk" himself?

kenwoodallpromos
09-08-2007, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=Tom]The big question is, did PB buy the snake venom, or did he just "milk" himself?[/QUOTE/]
LOL!
Considering many vets take 7+ years of medical school and make under $100k per year, I hear he found a willing vet to make a little on the side.

pressman
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/BUSINESS/709180360/1003

Grits
09-19-2007, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Tom]The big question is, did PB buy the snake venom, or did he just "milk" himself?[/QUOTE/]
LOL!
Considering many vets take 7+ years of medical school and make under $100k per year, I hear he found a willing vet to make a little on the side.

Goodness! I don't know a vet that makes under $100K a year.

My vet's charges are in line with my physicians. LOL

john del riccio
09-19-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/BUSINESS/709180360/1003

This is the tail wagging the dog, the vet gets suspended and Peppy Le'-Pew gets a 15 day vacation on the Rivierra.........

John

JustRalph
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=kenwoodallpromos]

Goodness! I don't know a vet that makes under $100K a year.

My vet's charges are in line with my physicians. LOL

Depends on where they work. I have a buddy who is a vet, a damn good one too. He is in practice with 6 other docs in a rural area of Ohio, just outside Columbus. He is a partner in the practice........and the partners make about 65-80k a year (4 of them) the last few years and plow whatever they can back into the business. They have modernized over the last 5 yrs or so and upgraded to the latest computer systems and remodeled their building.......the practice has been around 60 yrs next month.....I suspect it is just like any other small business..........after paying for the upgrades they will go back over 6 figures............but the owners/partners have to pay to keep the place running.

BTW, I have a friend who is a MD in Columbus Ohio........prestigious practice in an old moneyed area.............about five years back he became a partner and for the first 3 yrs instantly went just under a six figure income to pay for his buy in. The last time I saw him (18 mths ago or so) he told me he was trying to sell out.........because he hated it..................too much Government intervention.............