PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughbred Times Article

joeya
09-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Just pulled this week's Thoroughbred Times from the mailbox and there is a nice article on page 10 regarding the "buycott" by PaceAdvantage.com players:

"Internet handicappers attempt to send message to tracks"

Well done.

And on a side note ... is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of seeing/hearing the Kentucky Derby referred to as the "Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands" at every mention? It is the Kentucky Derby, always has been the Kentucky Derby and always will be the Kentucky Derby. Period.

(I only brought that up because there is a mention of it in the article).

cj's dad
09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
And on a side note ... is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of seeing/hearing the Kentucky Derby referred to as the "Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands" at every mention? It is the Kentucky Derby, always has been the Kentucky Derby and always will be the Kentucky Derby. Period.

(I only brought that up because there is a mention of it in the article).

Agreed. My NFL team used to play in a stadium called PSINet, which fortunately bellied up. The locals called it piss-in-it stadium.:D

betovernetcapper
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm speaking only for myself here, but my thoughts and feelings about YUM! Brands would do a 180 turn if they pulled their support for the 2008 Derby. I won't go as far as saying that I'll eat in a Toco Bell, but if they pull their support by Breeders Cup day, I will buy a soft drink. ;)