PDA

View Full Version : why so many radical right wing fundamentalists....

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 02:53 AM
on the gambling board??!?!?!?! I thought I'd join and get some tips 'n stuff...then (wish I hadnt) I came over here and I see this...

whats the deal?!?!?!? Where are all the USA hating libs?!?!??! dont they gamble??!?!?!

or are they busy plotting or some jive?!??!?

This is freaking me out!!! serious!!

I just got into horse racing 2 months ago and am already doing pretty well (read: breaking even or slightly less)....Im active in media consolidation issues and advocacy for microcredits and a few other things..nothing too kooky....

to tell the truth, I was initially shocked to see how things are here, but when I recalled meeting Bill Bennett a few years ago at a lecture, things are kind of clear. This is such a strange world.

I liked reading the thread about gonzales and rove being gone and immediatly the guy goes off on how bad clinton was. True. He wasnt swell. But it proves just how silly things are that that is always how it goes.....

damn, I dont think I need to get into all this here....in fact, I should probably not pursue the track stuff.....but maybe I will....I sure love picking up the form and all that slop.

JustRalph
09-05-2007, 04:14 AM
PA, you're up! :lol:

Tom
09-05-2007, 07:29 AM
If the water is too deep, get out of the pool.

DanG
09-05-2007, 08:08 AM
on the gambling board??!?!?!?! I thought I'd join and get some tips 'n stuff...then (wish I hadnt) I came over here and I see this...

whats the deal?!?!?!? Where are all the USA hating libs?!?!??! dont they gamble??!?!?!

or are they busy plotting or some jive?!??!?

This is freaking me out!!! serious!!

I just got into horse racing 2 months ago and am already doing pretty well (read: breaking even or slightly less)....Im active in media consolidation issues and advocacy for microcredits and a few other things..nothing too kooky....

to tell the truth, I was initially shocked to see how things are here, but when I recalled meeting Bill Bennett a few years ago at a lecture, things are kind of clear. This is such a strange world.

I liked reading the thread about gonzales and rove being gone and immediatly the guy goes off on how bad clinton was. True. He wasnt swell. But it proves just how silly things are that that is always how it goes.....

damn, I dont think I need to get into all this here....in fact, I should probably not pursue the track stuff.....but maybe I will....I sure love picking up the form and all that slop.
1st; Interesting name “oOxst”

Short answer from my brief experience;

If you never click on off topic, you would never know peoples ideology. Most animated political dialogue is between the far right and the far left as that’s were emotions run deepest. (Also often the most fun, especially if you’re not involved) :D

I avoided off-topic for months because it’s the quickest way to eliminate 50% of your potential interaction when you take a hard line political stance.

Sure the occasional insult is thrown around when someone disagrees, but all in all…It’s not usually said with malice. ;) At least not in my experience anyway. Once it does, I’ll save the key strokes and stick with racing 110% of the time. :)

Secretariat
09-05-2007, 11:04 AM

lol..well, they come in all shapes and sizes on this board. Been posting for awhile and some of the really radical liberals have been banned (none of the really radical conservatives thus far).

So you get your Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh hero worship from some. And your Ronald Reagan wannabes, and GW Bush ostriches.

As a gu who never thought as himself as a liberal until I came to this board I have found the arguments of these types have only clarified my own political beliefs and for that I thank the far right on the board. Occasionally, they challenge me to do some homework, and that homework almost always shows how they use distort to manipulate their viewpoint. Often you'll see the word spin here which simply means posting information that they don't like or agree with.

Don't let the lack of radical liberals keep you from posting here. If the right wing vitriole is too much, confine yourself to the horse part of the board as there is some very good information posted over there from Repubs and Dems alike. If someone gets too much for you on this part of the board just use the Ignore feature. I've used it on occasion and it is really refreshing. Welcome aboard.

Lefty
09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmmm, I find no shortage of liberals on this forum; nor would i want to.

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks!

And I dont mean to offend with the "radical right wing fundamentalist" title. I really believe it is the equivelant of the word "liberal" what with how that word has been treated as of late.

I don't think I am either and hell no do I think I am in the middle. I like to say I hover above it all :p

And good grief am I glad I discovered the world of horse racing. Grew up OBSESSED with baseball stats, and man alive, horse racing has 10x the stats!!! Good times indeed....

But I can totally see it taking away from my activism and research and whatnot so gotta gotta gotta be careful.....

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
1st; Interesting name “oOxst”

Yes! Being a fan of the linguistical sciences and having spent time at MIT with Noam Chomsky, I decided that "o0xst!" is the loud noise a fat lady makes when she wins a big hand at bingo.

Tom
09-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Contrary to the lie Sec would have you believe, NO ONE has ever ben banned for poltiical beliefs here. Violation of TOS is another thing. Sec subscribes to the Al Gore theory of if you can't win with facts, outlaw thier speech.

But, if you think there aren't many libs on the horse side of thing, you are correct. Most of them come here only to spread the daily KOS crap and move on. :lol:

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I can't stand Al Gore. He is the reason for the passing of the 96 Telecom Act which has caused harm that is almost impossible to fully document, and he refuses to even have a discussion about it all. In fact, he rants and raves about all the things that have come of it (i.e clear channel taking over the airwaves, local tv channels being bought up and VNRs being run in place of real stories, etc....) without even mentioning the act!

I could go on and on, but what do you mean about this hoodlum outlawing certain entities speec? If you know the story, Newscorp would be nowhere without laws passed with major help from Al. Explain?

Tom
09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
He and Sec want to prohibit speech that argues the global warming farce.

DJofSD
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome onboard -- just wait the dark side is here, you'll see....

Gibbon
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Left wing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_left) fundamentalist are on global warming boards. AND "sheet" boards.

so.cal.fan
09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
There is a diverse group here on PA
Left, right or center, most of the long time posters on off topic are typical serious handicappers.........smart. You have to be sharp to be a successful handicapper.
That is why I read this part of the board. I learn more here than from any media source.
The people here are thoughtful and sincere.
Some, like lsbets, are brave servicemen who have been on the front lines.
I respect everything they say.
Some are very entertaining comedians, like Tom, a funny guy, but also very thoughtful and a knowledgable handicapper.
We have attorneys, doctors, and other professional people on board.....all are thoughtful handicappers and while some of their viewpoints may or may not agree with others, they are still worth reading.
I have no one on my IGNORE list here. PA gets rid of the crackpots, thankfully.
By the way, thank you PA for having this board for us. It's the best one on the internet. :ThmbUp:

GaryG
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
And I dont mean to offend with the "radical right wing fundamentalist" title. I really believe it is the equivelant of the word "liberal" what with how that word has been treated as of late.Well it isn't.

chickenhead
09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I think libertarian viewpoints are prevalent here....but that makes sense, doesn't it?

Gambling like this by its very nature is a survival of the fittest...doesn't seem surprising you see strong "self reliance" themes amongst its long time devotees...that's one way to look at it.

There's no equivalent to gov't cheese being handed out for failing horseplayers. (well, except for Bill O's lotd)

JustRalph
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I think libertarian viewpoints are prevalent here....but that makes sense, doesn't it?

Nail, meet the hammer.....................right on............

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 04:28 PM
He and Sec want to prohibit speech that argues the global warming farce.

Examples of this?

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Yes indeed, I noticed quite early on that the good handicappers aren't fools in other areas. I picked up the Beyers book and some other cat published under DRF and noted both were Harvard guys, in fact the latter had his phd in ed psych from Harvard. Nothing to sneeze at and beyond that, if y'know anything about their ed psych department it's quite good and translates fantastically into a mode of educating with regards to "using your brain" as you should in terms of picking winners....semi abstract yet at the same time, controlled if you know what I mean...

There is a diverse group here on PA
Left, right or center, most of the long time posters on off topic are typical serious handicappers.........smart. You have to be sharp to be a successful handicapper.
That is why I read this part of the board. I learn more here than from any media source.
The people here are thoughtful and sincere.
Some, like lsbets, are brave servicemen who have been on the front lines.
I respect everything they say.
Some are very entertaining comedians, like Tom, a funny guy, but also very thoughtful and a knowledgable handicapper.
We have attorneys, doctors, and other professional people on board.....all are thoughtful handicappers and while some of their viewpoints may or may not agree with others, they are still worth reading.
I have no one on my IGNORE list here. PA gets rid of the crackpots, thankfully.
By the way, thank you PA for having this board for us. It's the best one on the internet. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
lol..well, they come in all shapes and sizes on this board. Been posting for awhile and some of the really radical liberals have been banned (none of the really radical conservatives thus far).

Bullshit lie #1.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that Amazin was banned....:lol:

Tom
09-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Examples of this?

....are here. Search.

Tom
09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
There's no equivalent to gov't cheese being handed out for failing horseplayers.

Third World Foods is offering a new line of frozen dinners - for the VERY hungry Man.....featuring the 4 major food groups: Gov't cheese, road kill, pigeons, and paint chips. :p

Secretariat
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Contrary to the lie Sec would have you believe, NO ONE has ever ben banned for poltiical beliefs here. Violation of TOS is another thing. Sec subscribes to the Al Gore theory of if you can't win with facts, outlaw thier speech.

But, if you think there aren't many libs on the horse side of thing, you are correct. Most of them come here only to spread the daily KOS crap and move on. :lol:

Where is Amazin and LJB among others? And you mean selective use of TOS and polls to ban people...

Ooxst,

MIT and Noam Chomsky. You're no slacker. I'd figure a guy from MIT would have the races figured out by now. :ThmbUp:

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
....are here. Search.

no thanks I already know why I dislike him.

o0xst!
09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I just discovered the races on 6-28-07 (I will rember the date forever as some pretty girls forced me to go to the track to see...oh, I am so embarrassed, WILLIAM HUNG in some kereoke contest...I am so ashamed!!!!) and am doing pretty well in a little over 2 months!

In faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaact...

Today was my first day after discovering this board and went with 100 and came home with 220!!!!

Thanks to a big 8-3 quinella in Race 9 at Del Mar!!! whoooooeee!!!

Ooxst,

MIT and Noam Chomsky. You're no slacker. I'd figure a guy from MIT would have the races figured out by now. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Where is Amazin and LJB among others? And you mean selective use of TOS and polls to ban people...

Wow...that didn't take long. Is it still your position that Amazin and LJB are banned? Are you really that clueless?

Here's a hint. If a poster's name still appears in the Members List, then they are not banned. Amazin's name never disappeared, and LJB has posted recently in the horse section, so there goes your theory....

Tom
09-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Horse section??????????

Yes, Secratariat,there is a horse section. :lol:

GaryG
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Seems like we get a new troll every week.....

ljb
09-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes i am still here. I was banned for one day. I was banned for vigorously protesting Pa's use of duel tos. One set for those who agree with him politically and another for those who disagree with his political beliefs. I have almost stopped posting on this side of the board for this reason. You can check with bill olmsted, if you want to post in this area your posts will be watched closely unless they are in agreement with PA's political bent. He even allows violations of tos on the horsey side for those who come from the right.
Well I have vented now so, I'm outta here.

chickenhead
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
yeah, PA is a real tyrant.

can't be trusted, I heard, in pm or on board.

bans people for fun, I heard.

monitors all posts for ideological content.

oh he's making a list...and checking it twice...gonna find out who's naughty or nice...

grow up boys. Ho Ho Ho.

JustRalph
09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Seems like we get a new troll every week.....

The latest made 32 posts in one damn day..........gimme a break

Secretariat
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes i am still here. I was banned for one day. I was banned for vigorously protesting Pa's use of duel tos. One set for those who agree with him politically and another for those who disagree with his political beliefs. I have almost stopped posting on this side of the board for this reason. You can check with bill olmsted, if you want to post in this area your posts will be watched closely unless they are in agreement with PA's political bent. He even allows violations of tos on the horsey side for those who come from the right.
Well I have vented now so, I'm outta here.

Thanks for proving my point.

"I was banned for vigorously protesting Pa's use of duel tos. One set for those who agree with him politically and another for those who disagree with his political beliefs...You can check with bill olmsted, if you want to post in this area your posts will be watched closely unless they are in agreement with PA's political bent. "

Tom
09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
That doesn't prove a thing. Ljb cannot substantiate his accusations and his behavior at that time was purposely offensive. And he was back after 1 day.
His mention of Olmsteads is typical spina dn diversion with zero facts.

What is frustrating, Sec, is of all people, YOU are above this crap. You are capable of taking a higher road than you settle on, and I am confident you could discuss intelligently and convincingly, any topic we let drift by here. And I mean not changing your views on anything.

Think about it.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I was banned for vigorously protesting Pa's use of duel tos.That's impossible. By vigorously protesting, what exactly do you mean? You can't be serious when you say that I ban people whom I disagree with. If that were the case, off-topic would be one lonely place....:lol:

You can check with bill olmsted, if you want to post in this area your posts will be watched closely unless they are in agreement with PA's political bent.What are you talking about? Seriously, I'd like to be clued in...

He even allows violations of tos on the horsey side for those who come from the right.
Well I have vented now so, I'm outta here.So, when I let Hcap type STFU multiple times without saying anything, I don't get any credit for being a wise and open individual....awww....shucks.....

Lefty
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
sec, you conveniently left out the fact that lbj said he was banned for only 1 day. You guys (libs)are always truncating quotes to try and prove your points.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
You can check with bill olmsted, if you want to post in this area your posts will be watched closely unless they are in agreement with PA's political bent.

Is this the same Bill Olmsted, who out of the blue, and completely UNPROVOKED, called me, and I quote, "Scum of the Earth?" That Bill Olmsted? The one who wasn't banned and is still posting here?

Yeah, I'm pretty much a tyrant....:rolleyes:

NoDayJob
09-08-2007, 02:43 AM
I can't stand Al Gore.

I love Al Bore, "The Tennessee two by four". He's wooden ya know. He's never wrong. Just ask him and he'll tell ya so. If it wasn't for guys like him this world would surely be one boring place. I hope he runs for President. He's a great leader. Maybe he could move to Cuba and run there. Then I'd be able to buy Cuban cigars again. Hillary and Al for sexy prexy and vice prexy with Bill as sexatary of state. The world will be a better place, believe me. NOT! :)

NoDayJob
09-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty much a tyrant....:rolleyes:

Yup, just ask Lcapper if he's still around. Heh, heh!