PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber is a whiny ass!

Ron
09-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I wish that he would just go away.

In excerpts of his new book "Tiki: My Life in the Game and Beyond" obtained by the New York Daily News, Barber writes that he might still be playing if Tom Coughlin weren't still coaching the Giants.

"If Tom Coughlin had not remained as head coach of the Giants, I might still be in a Giants uniform," Barber writes, according to the Daily News.

"[Coughlin] robbed me of what had been one of the most important things I had in my life, which was the joy I felt playing football," Barber wrote, according to the newspaper. "I had lost that. He had taken it away."
Barber credits Coughlin with solving his chronic fumbling problems but wrote that he believes it was his performance that kept Coughlin employed by the Giants. Under Coughlin, Barber ranked among the NFL's top five rushers; in the three seasons beginning in 2004, Barber gained 1,518 (fifth), 1,860 (second) and 1,662 yards (fourth).

"It's a double-edged sword, because as much as Coach Coughlin helped me, I also helped Tom Coughlin," Barber wrote, according to the newspaper.

According to the Daily News, Barber also claims in the book that he was shorted about $10 million in his career by the Giants, who underpaid him compared with other top running backs.