PDA

View Full Version : "INSIDE INFO" REVEALED @ CAL TRACKS . . . ?

SignUpKing
09-03-2007, 02:42 PM
1) Up north, when you see a Baze M/L favorite get bet down, bet THE OTHER HORSE THAT IS GETTING BET DOWN. It is not getting bet down by the public.

2) At Santa Anita and Del Mar, when the M/L favorite is getting bet down, bet THE OTHER HORSE THAT IS TAKING SIGNIFICANT MONEY. It is not getting bet down by the public.

Yesterday, in the Turf feature at Del Mar, the horse from Europe went from 6/5 to even money. During that same stretch of time, the winner, Medici Storm (name right?), went from 10-1 to 5-1. A live horse? I'll say. (Interestingly, all of the "sharpies" in the Santa Anita Turf Club were told the horse "had a great chance".)

3) Also, at Cal tracks, look for disparity in the Daily Double payoffs. Last week at Del Mar, a first timer, Sindy Jacobsen (12-1 M/L), popped at 10-1. The Daily Double price on Sindy Jacobsen was less than a M/L 5-1 shot that went off at 5-1 (in the same race, of course).

Not every race has such patterns, but you need to be patient.

SignUpKing
09-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Today, Labor Day, at Del Mar, in the 3rd race, the #10 horse, Darth Vader, lit the board at $33.20. Interestingly, the horse was paying virtually THE SAME in the double as the 5/2 favorite, Joe's Hot.

I wheelled Dark Vader in the Pick 3 for $1.00 -- hit it for $7,121.80.

Losing streak over !!!

Pay attention to what I'm saying. Sometimes, you can spot the betting coups -- like I did today.

ryesteve
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Today, Labor Day, at Del Mar, in the 3rd race, the #10 horse, Darth Vader, lit the board at $33.20. Interestingly, the horse was paying virtually THE SAME in the double as the 5/2 favorite, Joe's Hot.
Geez, you're right... a $9.80 horse and a $33.20 horse combine for a $50 DD??? Is anybody looking into this?

judd
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
:ThmbUp: whats it cost to wheel in a pick 3 ?

cj's dad
09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
:ThmbUp: whats it cost to wheel in a pick 3 ?

Example:

Race #1 - 1 play
Race #2 - all (8 plays)
Race #3 - all (9 plays)

1 X 8 X 9 x $1 = $72

#plays X # plays X # plays X $ = total wager cost

statik27
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM

I wheelled Dark Vader in the Pick 3 for $1.00 -- hit it for $7,121.80.

Losing streak over !!!

Pay attention to what I'm saying. Sometimes, you can spot the betting coups -- like I did today.

Excellent insight SignUpKing and congrats on your pk3. Hard to believe this horse went off at the price, look at this profile.

Dark Vader: By Point Given, getting extra ground.
2nd time for Hendricks off the brief freshening
Showed speed at 50k md level, drops to 32kmd
Blinker's on.

Just one of those angles is a reason to back the horse and he went off at 16/1?

statik

SignUpKing
09-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Geez, you're right... a $9.80 horse and a $33.20 horse combine for a $50 DD??? Is anybody looking into this?

When I see this kind of stuff, I bet. Takes patience, but is worth the wait.

socantra
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
1)

3) Also, at Cal tracks, look for disparity in the Daily Double payoffs. Last week at Del Mar, a first timer, Sindy Jacobsen (12-1 M/L), popped at 10-1. The Daily Double price on Sindy Jacobsen was less than a M/L 5-1 shot that went off at 5-1 (in the same race, of course).

Not every race has such patterns, but you need to be patient.
Variations of the Chinese double and Al Illich's secret play ride again.

ryesteve
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Not exactly... those methods almost always just point to the horses that end up getting bet down relative to their ML. I think what we're talking about here are instances where the double pool is way out of alignment relative to the actual odds.

SignUpKing
09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Not exactly... those methods almost always just point to the horses that end up getting bet down relative to their ML. I think what we're talking about here are instances where the double pool is way out of alignment relative to the actual odds.

Some betting coups, if they do exist, like to hide their wagering in the exotic pools -- they will NOT tip their hand in the win pools.

Sometimes, the favorite in the Pick 4 is actually the 5th choice on the tote board (sometimes). Recently, caught such a scenario at Prarie Meadows -- horse with ugly form went wire-to-wire and paid double digits, but was the lowest Pick 4 payout. (???) Yes, I bet the horse.

xtb
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Excellent insight SignUpKing and congrats on your pk3. Hard to believe this horse went off at the price, look at this profile.

Dark Vader: By Point Given, getting extra ground.
2nd time for Hendricks off the brief freshening
Showed speed at 50k md level, drops to 32kmd
Blinker's on.

Just one of those angles is a reason to back the horse and he went off at 16/1?

statik

And he lost some equipment since his last race, he's now a gelding.

Kelso
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM

Never heard of the Illich Secret Play ... but I understand the Chinese Double to compare only actual odds to actual "will pays." No ML involved.

ryesteve
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Never heard of the Illich Secret Play ... but I understand the Chinese Double to compare only actual odds to actual "will pays." No ML involved.
I've always heard explained as the will pay divided by the ML; same as these guys:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23559

Kelso
09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I've always heard explained as the will pay divided by the ML; same as these guys:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23559

Thanks, Steve. My mistake.