PDA

View Full Version : Fairgrounds 12-28

smf
12-28-2002, 01:26 AM
Maybe if I post up a pick, Ridersup, GR1 and Ranchwest, etc will put up more winners for me to bet manana. Ive learned my lesson, I'll check in before I leave in the morning :)

Race 7, MY CALABRESE (fts) is one that made Chad S. & Diliberto's top 5 training race runners at FG. May not be a big secret, but Asmussen has a good one in that s/ take some action. Plan is to bet MY CALABRESE to win and, if not the fave at 3mtp, play in a p4 with Stall's & Josie's firsters as well.

Has to look well before he's a bet, tho. Also will watch for Wayne Catman's patented 'walk 3 feet behind the horse with his eyes glued on his runner' move. On anything of his that's live at the meet, he's followed his runners from the paddock to the track like a mule after a carrot....'Luck.

ridersup 1
12-28-2002, 09:41 AM
Isn't that Glen something. The texas trio can sure cap.

Only thing that popped up on my radar today was a lowly Tampa Bay horse named Double Sweep running in the 5th. Horse had some trouble in last and now stretches out to a route. Helen Vanek, the jock, only negative.

Very quick scan of FG led me to Codger #2 in the 5th. Trujillo who was one of Catman's go to guys at arlington gets dumped for Sellers. Horse goes down in claiming price after a big win but steps up 1 condition. Catalano-Calabrese could care lesss if they lose the horse.

Cracker's favorite trainer Pino has two recently claimed horses and the one in the 10th caught my eye. Horse won his prelimanary state bred allowance by 4 lengths and has been trying open company recently. After claim Pino drops him back to state breds. Might be a play.

ranchwest
12-28-2002, 10:23 AM
I'm not going to pretend to be good enough with maidens to give YOU advice.

smf
12-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Ridersup,

Thanks for the tips, will watch for them (esp Codger). Wish that LS carried Tampa on the weekends but unfortunately they don't. I miss y'alls turf racing and those big prices.

Pino is one of my favorites too. He's been a lil cold of late, hopefully he can lite it up soon. When he does, jump aboard. When he gets rolling he's a good bet.

RW,

I'll take advice from any good capper, anyday. You must have me mistaken for someone else, sir ;)