PDA

View Full Version : Michigan.......now that's funny....Carr is toast

JustRalph
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Imagine .......the highlight of the season on the first day of the season.........

Michigan loses to Nobody State...............

As a boy from Columbus........the season just peaked........ :lol:

DanG
09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Imagine .......the highlight of the season on the first day of the season.........

Michigan loses to Nobody State...............
To Michigan fans (And certainly Buckeye fans) :) I’m sure that’s what they would say, but anyone who knows Appalachian State knows they can play. The team they beat in the Div-II finals last year won 75-3 today.

Mike Tirico of ESPN said in studio he told people for 5 straight months that Michigan was in for a dog fight.

Bubbles
09-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Appalachian State.

Seriously. APPALACHIAN STATE?!

I don't care how good they were at D1-AA. If you're Michigan, looking for a national title, an undefeated season, and a win over Ohio State, you do not, do not, do NOT, lose to APPALACHIAN STATE in the SEASON OPENER! :bang:

OK, much better.

Not like it's gonna change much. Michigan's still gonna run the table the rest of the year, beat OSU, and either get in the Rose Bowl or the NC. :)

46zilzal
09-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I knew one of these softy scheduled games would backfire in one of the biggies faces!

rastajenk
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
And you've been waiting twenty years to say that. :D Maybe more!

dylbert
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, yesterday the Big 2 (marketed as Big 10) was reduced to Big 1. UofM athletic director should lose his job -- today, and Lloyd Carr -- tomorrow.

As one of the biggest Ohio State dislikers (haters is too strong), this really mucks up every Michigan opponent this season. RPI is impacted by your opponent's opponent. Only saving grace is that Appalachian State usually ranks higher than many lowly Division I (Bowl Division or whatever it has been renamed) teams.

SEC RULES!!!

doophus
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Dylbert, if all comes true, you can look for Les Miles, the LSU head coach, to leave for his alma mater, Michigan, immediately after LSU beats the Trojans for the Nat'l Championship, which will happen immediately after they whip Va Tech, Florida (probably twice,) Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, et al.

What will be the size of THAT contract? :faint: :faint:

OTM Al
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Lets go Boilers!!!!!!

OTM Al, Purdue, '89, '91

harnesslover
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I still do not understand the logic in setting up a 'cookie' game, but choosing it against the 2 time defending national champion team. Even if they are 1-AA, you'd have to think there are dozens of 1A teams worse than them AND have a much higher RPI.

Kind of funny that Michigan paid App State $400,000 to ruin their entire season.

Hammerhead
09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Heard tonight Mich dropped from the top 25.?? :D

JustRalph
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Ohio State paid Youngstown almost 700k to come in............Amazing..........

rrpic6
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Ohio State paid Youngstown almost 700k to come in............Amazing..........
Youngstown State lost its second game in a row. Guess who they lost to before OSU? Yup..Appy St. in the Div 1AA Playoffs last year. YSU actually played much better defensively against OSU than it did against Appy St. Those guys froom Boone are the real deal. Speedier than many Div. 1 programs.
RR

ElKabong
09-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Congrats to App St head coach Jerry Moore, from Corsicana, Tx. Moore btw was Texas Tech's least succesful coach. Nice to see him doing well now, cuz he was roasted in Lubbock.

Lost in all this was TEXAS barely beating Arkansas St. Some of us figured on this being a huge transition year, a lot of returning starters being uprooted by the end of October, but 6-6 looks very real right now.

And, I think Dooph is right about Miles leaving....LSU will be better off for it in the end.

rastajenk
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
It occurred to me the other day that Michigan has not won a game since Bo died.

Tom
09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
The good news is that MS fell so far out of the standing, that they are now rankes #1 in Collegiet PARACHUTING!

OTM Al
09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
The game was fun but what was even better was watching Notre Dame lose at home 33-3. I'm hoping the service academies kick their butts this year. BTW speaking of the academies, I went to watch a game at West Point last year (or maybe it was the year before...I must be getting old) anyway, you ever get the chance, its a great place to tailgate and watch some kids who are playing for pride and self fulfilment rather than pro contracts and the campus is beautiful.

JustRalph
09-09-2007, 02:49 AM
No matter what happens to OSU this season..........the season can't get any better now............... :lol:

Notre Dame and Michigan go down together two weeks straight............... :lol: :lol:

And next week they play each other in the LOSER BOWL

Well, at least one of them will get a win............ :lol:

OTM Al
09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm pulling for Michigan. I so hate ND......

Sailwolf
09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Oregon is a good team!!!!:jump: :ThmbUp:

michiken
09-09-2007, 11:15 AM
The only thing that will redeem our Wolverine's season is to beat OSU. We have nothing else to play for...

DanG
09-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Oregon is a good team!!!!:jump: :ThmbUp:
True, as is Appy State.

Sailwolf
09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
The only thing that will redeem our Wolverine's season is to beat OSU. We have nothing else to play for...

Just like UCLA football in some years in trying to beat USC

Now if UCLA can beat USC this year, that would make a season.:)

46zilzal
09-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Just like UCLA football in some years in trying to beat USC

Now if UCLA can beat USC this year, that would make a season

Did you forget the 13-9 last year? The reason they didn't play in the national championship game??

Hosshead
09-10-2007, 05:09 AM
IMO before UCLA & USC meet this year, they'll BOTH have to worry about losing to Cal. and Oregon.

DanG
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
IMO before UCLA & USC meet this year, they'll BOTH have to worry about losing to Cal. and Oregon.
Good point Hoss;

Cal may have the most pure speed in the history of the sport. Must have ˝ dozen guys who are world class sprinters AND incredibly; can also play physical. Their not a true shut-down D, but they will be scary for anyone they play as a talented Tennessee team found out.

The improvement in the Pac-Ten top to bottom is remarkable in the last 10 years.

rastajenk
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Washington seems to be pretty good, too. Just a few weeks ago, the consensus was USC first, the rest nowhere; but I'm not so sure that's going to be the case.

GaryG
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Washington seems to be pretty good, too. Just a few weeks ago, the consensus was USC first, the rest nowhere; but I'm not so sure that's going to be the case.I look for them to light up Nebraska pretty good. The Pussy Bruins got their win this decade....won't be another any time soon. <Conquest playing in the background>. Love to see ND get hammered too, nothing better! :jump: :jump:

BIG RED
09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
No matter what happens to OSU this season..........the season can't get any better now............... :lol:

Notre Dame and Michigan go down together two weeks straight............... :lol: :lol:

And next week they play each other in the LOSER BOWL

Well, at least one of them will get a win............ :lol:

Did I hear that this made history? I mean it's just a stat.

But wasn't this the first time ever, they both lost their first two games?

I posted earlier prior to the season started, that the rankings looked a little 'rank'. Hoping for another good season for BC, they have been very entertaining past few years.

GaryG
09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Amid the sourness is the spice Michigan running back Mike Hart tried to sprinkle on this weekend's game: He guaranteed a Wolverines victory in Ann Arbor.

"This team's going to be ready to go, there's no doubt in my mind. I'm not going to lose. We're not going to lose," Hart said Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press. "It is what it is. Obviously, I talk. I talk a lot, everyone knows that. I mean what I say. It came out in there because I feel like we're being doubted. I feel like it's something we need."

He feels like they are being doubted??? Can't imagine why.

46zilzal
09-10-2007, 08:15 PM
The Pussy Bruins got their win this decade....won't be another any time soon.

Another one who doesn't know what they are talking about in the recent history of that game.

GaryG
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Big win in Lincoln...Trojans have a rather salty looking O line. Glad to see BC beat GA Tech too. Did UCLA or Notre Dame play? :lol: :lol: <Conquest playing in the background>

46zilzal
09-18-2007, 12:06 AM
How bad is Notre Dame if Michigan handed them that sound a defeat?

DanG
09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
It’s always amazing during football season how inept / or ingenious coaches look with a great / or poor offensive line.

ND was going to build a bronze statue to Charlie Weis 2 years ago when he had an awesome O-line. Now that their weak, suddenly his play calling is in question etc…

Football fans would be hard pressed to name major bowl winners in any level of football who didn’t have either a dominate O-line or an extremely healthy one that jelled. It filters down to the entire team especially the defense who lives for a long field to defend and 1st downs that = several more minutes rest.

The game has become so sophisticated in so many ways and yet it remains the same. Truly great blocking and tackling wins…period.

PS-I: Unless they have an injured experience one coming back that I don’t know of Florida St. this year will suffer big time with a freshman center and true freshman guard.

PS-II: If my daughter is reading this…rumor has it her school mate Tim Tebow is still single!!! ;) :) :jump: (You can’t imagine how big that kid is down here. He owns that school...literally!)

GaryG
09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
PS-II: If my daughter is reading this…rumor has it her school mate Tim Tebow is still single!!! ;) :) :jump: (You can’t imagine how big that kid is down here. He owns that school...literally!)From what I have seen of the SEC this year is is Florida and LSU...period. All of the others look ordinary by SEC standards but probably very competitive with each other.

DanG
09-18-2007, 01:34 PM
From what I have seen of the SEC this year is is Florida and LSU...period. All of the others look ordinary by SEC standards but probably very competitive with each other.
Your right about the cream of the conference Gary, but I think it’s very deep this year. There must be 75+ quality players between…

S. Carolina
Vanderbilt
Georgia
Arkansas
Tennessee
Alabama
Auburn
The SEC champ will be both a very tough and beat-up team imo.

Pace Cap'n
09-18-2007, 06:03 PM
PS-II: If my daughter is reading this…rumor has it her school mate Tim Tebow is still single!!! ;) :) :jump: (You can’t imagine how big that kid is down here. He owns that school...literally!)

Did you catch his quote about being pleased that Tennessee put his initial on all their helmets?

DanG
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Did you catch his quote about being pleased that Tennessee put his initial on all their helmets?
Yes I did PC…

The entire conference has a bull’s-eye on this kid and he loves it!.Tennessee in practice had their scout QB dressed in a cape with an “S” on his chest for goodness sakes. Their instructions where…”To hit low” according to the broadcasters.

If this kid makes it through this year without getting hurt it will be miracle. It’s no exaggeration that he is bigger than life on that campus right now. As my daughter said the other week…”He’s perfect…he’s a combination of Tarzan and a Saint”. :faint: